You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sherwood Crux BCD
|Torso Length (in)||Up to 19||Up to 19||19 and Up||19 and Up|
|Over the Shoulder Length (in)||34-50||40-50||34-56||38-56|
|Waist Circumference (in)||28-50||32-56||31-54||33-60|
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer a 60/120 return policy
Product OverviewThe Sherwood Crux is a BCD designed with the diver in mind, the sizing is practically infinite, and it's packed with features. Dive light weight and streamlined in warmer waters or add additional trim weight pockets and dive in colder waters. This modular BC is easy to disassemble and assemble to pack small for travel. The fit, form, and function are unlike any BCD on the market today.The philosophy behind the Crux started several years ago with a focus on form, fit and function. The goal was to create an innovate BCD that continues to mold and fit to not only your body but your dive-style. Revolutionizing the diving experience, you'll only ever need one BCD again: The Crux.
MARS(Micro-Adjust Retention System). Easy to adjust shoulder and waist straps provide a custom fit to any diver for any condition. Only the features you want. All options are customizable and can be added or removed based on your needs. Adjustable shoulder straps with Molle Chain for full customization and multiple connection points. 3D back-inflation air-cell. The unique air cell provides 40 or 50 lbs. (18.1 or 22.67 kg) of lift without big and bulky wings. Neoprene-wrapped neck roll for comfort with or without a wetsuit. Padded and ergonomic back-pad supports diver's lumbar. Three separate connection points allow sternum strap height to be adjusted to diver's preference. Releasable and non-releasing trim weight pockets.
Totally Customizable: There are only four sizes that fit all those body types. One of the keys to fitting such a broad range of sizes is how the shoulder straps and waist straps are designed and connect to the harness through tri-glides that allow for unique and endless adjustments. The Crux can fit someone who is 5'0 (152cm) & 90 lbs. (41 kg) all the way up the 6'8" (203cm) & 300 lbs. (136 kg). While most BCDs increase in waist and shoulder length together as the size of the BCD increases,the Crux can fit you properly no matter the combination of your height or waist circumference. Whether you are tall or short; thin or have a bit more to love, the Crux can provide the perfect fit for you.
For whatever your dive adventure is that day. Available in four straps color options that are interchangeable to match your gear. (black, magenta, tiffany, and steel blue). The Crux can be adjusted for any diving environment. You want to dive in the warm waters in Fiji with no wetsuit or ice dive in Tobermory, Canada with a dry suit? No problem! Future meet the Crux. It's like diving without a BCDf except you are. Sherwood's revolutionary BCD is streamlined and can be customized to fit any body type. Truly brilliant.
BCD is equipped with torso adjustable shoulder straps, adjustable sternum strap and waist strap all employing squeeze-style side-release buckles for easy donning and doffing. Compact drop-down mesh pocket stays out of the way until you need it. System ready for Akona Pro Kits and Quick Clips (see SKU's: GNSRK, GNSRKL). Dual cylinder cam lock buckle straps add stability to this fantastic back inflation BCD wing. The integrated releasable weigh pockets have a capacity of 10 lbs. (4.54 kg) each with the non-releasable rear trim pockets having a 5 lbs. (2.27 kg) capacity each. The Crux BCD is built-to-last with the air cell manufactured from 420D nylon with a urethane internal laminate that is radio frequency (RF) welded for strength, airtightness and durability. The harness assembly material is 600D polyester with PVC backing, 420D nylon with polyurethane (PU) backing and polyester air mesh.
Buoyancy control is provided by Sherwood's Power Inflator System. The inflator mechanism has a cable activated pull dump that is easy to activate with a tug of the inflator control. The inflator includes a standard 3/8" threaded low pressure quick disconnect hose. The BCD is also equipped with right shoulder and lower right rear pull-dump/over pressure relief valves to provide trim while in any position underwater. The right shoulder and right lower dump valves come with pull cable with knob for easy activation when needed. Sliding epaulette can be repositioned along the corrugated hose to optimized position to diver's preference. The standard large size has a dry weight of 9.3 lbs. (4.2 kg). BCD is available in multiple sizes.
- Designed w/Diver In-Mind
- Sizing Practically Infinite, & Packed w/Features
- Dive Light Weight & Streamlined In-Warmer Waters
- Add Additional Trim Weight Pockets & Dive Colder Waters
- Modular BC: Easy to Disassemble & Assemble to Pack Small for Travel
- Fit, Form, & Function
- Innovate BCD: Mold & Fit to Your Body & Dive-Style
- Revolutionizing Diving Experience, You'll Only Need One BCD Again: The Crux
- MARS(Micro-Adjust Retention System):
Easy to Adjust Shoulder & Waist Strap
Provides Custom Fit to Any Diver for Any Condition
Only Features You Want
All Options Customizable & Can-Be Added or Removed Based-On-Your-Needs
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps w/Molle Chain for Full Customization & Multiple Connection Points
- 3D Back-Inflation Air-Cell
- 40 or 50 lbs. (18.1 or 22.67 kg) of Lift w/o Big & Bulky Wings
- Neoprene-Wrapped Neck Roll for Comfort
- Padded & Ergonomic Back-Pad Supports Diver's Lumbar
- 3-Separate Connection Points: Allow Sternum Strap Height Adjusted to Diver's Preference
- Totally Customizable:
Fits Divers' 5'0 (152cm) & 90 lbs. (41 kg) to 6'8 (203cm) & 300 lbs. (136 kg)
Can Fit Properly No-Matter Combination of Height or Waist Circumference
- Tall or Short: Thin or Have-A-Bit-More-to-Love, Crux Provides Perfect Fit
- 4-Strap Color Options, Interchangeable to Match Gear: Black, Magenta, Tiffany, & Steel Blue)
- Future Meet the Crux
- Like Diving w/o a BCDf Except-You-Are, Truly Brilliant
- Torso Adjustable Shoulder, Sternum & Waist Straps
- All Straps Employ Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles for Easy Donning/Doffing
- Compact Drop-Down Mesh Storage Pocket
- System Ready: Akona Pro Kits & Quick Clips (see SKU's: GNSRK, GNSRKL)
- Dual Cylinder Cam Lock Buckle Straps Add Stability
- Fantastic Back Inflation BCD Wing
- Releasable & Non-Releasing Weight & Trim Weight Pockets
- Weight Pocket Capacities:
Releasable: 10 lbs. (4.54 kg) Each Pocket
Non-Releasable Trim: 5 lbs. (2.27 kg) Each Pocket
Total Weight Capacity: 30 lbs. (13.6 kg)
- Buoyancy Control:
Sherwood Power Inflator w/Cable Activated Pull Dump
3/8 Threaded Low-Pressure Hose w/Q/D Coupling
Rear Lower Right & Right Shoulder Pull-Dump/Over Pressure Relief Valves
Pull Cord w/Knob for Easy Activation
- Sliding Epaulette: Repositioned Along Corrugated Hose to Optimized Position
- Dry Weight: Size Large 9.3 lbs. (4.2 kg)
- Available in Multiple Sizes
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|BC Body||Back Inflation Wing|
|Buoyancy Bag||40 or 50 lbs (18.1 or 22.67 kg)|
|Valves||3 Dump/Overpressure Relief|
|Pockets||Drop-Down Mesh Storage|
|Shoulder Straps||Torso Adjustable w/Rotating Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles|
|Stainless Steel Rings||No, MOLLE Loops|
|Waist Strap||Adjustable w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Chest Buckle||3-Postion, Adjustable Sternum w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Sherwood Power Inflator|
Internal Urethane Laminate
Radio Frequency (RF) Welded Seams
600D Polyester w/PVC Backing
420D Nylon w/Polyurethane (PU) Backing & Polyester Air Mesh
|Weight Capacity||Releasable: 10 lbs (4.54 kg) Each Pocket
Non-Releasable Trim: 5 lbs (2.27 kg) Each Pocket
Total Weight Capacity: 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
|Weight||Dry Weight: Size Large 9.3 lbs (4.2kg)|