You have no items in your shopping cart.
Max-Air 35 Scuba Tank Compressors
Product OverviewCompressors are shipped via Trucking Company, Shipping rates will be quoted at the time of order, UPS Shipping rates are not valid for the compressors
The Max-Air 35 is the most reliable, compact and portable compressor available today. Ideal for location dives (gas model) or pleasure boats where portability, space and weight are considerations. Economical to run and easy to maintain, theMax-Air 35 will give years of high quality breathing air in locations where dive centers or air stations are inaccessible. There are 4 models to choose, one gas engine model and a single-phase electric 110 Volt single-phase 220 Volt and a three-phase electric 220 Volt. All four models provide 4.2 SCFM (119 liters) with a maximum pressure output of 4800 psi (331 bars).
The compressors 4.2 SCFM (119 liter) volume can fill an 80 cu. ft.(2,265.4 liter) tank in approximately 22 min*. The gasoline and 110 Volt models are truly portable at only 85 lbs. (38 kg) and measure (L x D x H) 28" x 13" x 15" (71.12 cm x 33 cm x 38 cm). Mounted on a durable powder coated steel frame with convenient carry handles with reliable 6.0 HP Honda gasoline engine or 115v/230v/240v at 50 or 60 Hz electric motors, (plug not provided, consult your local electrical code). Compressors have oil/water separating chambers (manual drains), tri-chemical breathing air purification system with activated carbon/molecular sieve 13X/hopcalite and the disposable purification cartridge is convenient and ea sy to replace. Compressors are equipped with pressure maintaining valve for optimum air processing, intake filter, and a final pressure relief valve.
The digital hour/tachometer comes standard on gasoline model only. Phase 1 electric models come equipped with digital hour meter. These units have an oil filled pressure gauge 0-5800 psi (400 bar), and filling hose with on/off valve with bleed (SCUBA yoke or SCBA). The compressor is an air cooled, four stage, four cylinder high pressure, non-continuous duty, compressor, and has all stainless steel inter-stage and final stage coolers. The compressors maximum pressure is 4800 psig (330 bar) approximately, with an output of 3.5 F.A.D. 4.2 SCFM charging rate**. Maximum R.P.M. is 2800 and the lubrication system is a splash lubrication with oil thrower pin. The compressors oil capacity is 12 fl. oz. (354.88 ml), and requires the use of Max-Lube 501 synthetic compressor oil (see SKU: MXA35O1). The gas model comes with a 6' (1.83 meter) intake hose. Compressor noise level is 87 dB at 9.84' (3 meters). New feature standard now onThe 35 Gas Model is an automatic/adjustable pressure shut off switch. Compressors come complete with a spare parts list and owner's manual.
MAX-AIR 35 is not a continuous run Compressorand is not designed to fill HP-4500, 444 CFT. storage cylinders.
At the time of the order we need to know the following:
1). What the final pressure setting should be. There will be an additional charge if we ship a compressor and then have to exchange, resent, or replace the final pressure relief valve.
2). We need to know whether you want Scuba or SCBA fill whip.
3). We also need to know if the delivery address is residential or commercial. If we are not given this information we will charge the residential rate which is $75.00 more. If we are told it is commercial and it turns out to be residential when the unit is delivered you will be charged the additional $75.00.
*Time required tofill an 80 cu. ft. cylinder from 500 to 3000 psig
**Based on charging an 80cu. ft. cylinder from 500 to 3000 psig
- Most Reliable, Compact and Portable Compressor Available Today
- Ideal Location Dives (gas model), Pleasure Boats where Portability, Space & Weight are Considerations
- Economical to Run and Easy to Maintain
- Give Years of High Quality Breathing Air in Locations where Dive Centers or Air Stations are Inaccessible
- 4 Models to Choose:
Gas Engine Model
Single Phase Electric 110 Volt
- Single Phase 220 Volt
3 Phase Electric 220 Volt
- Models Provide 4.2 SCFM (119 liters) w/Maximum Pressure Output 4800 psi (331 bars)
- 4.2 SCFM (119 liter) Volume Fills 80 cu. ft. (2,265.4 liter) Tank in Approximately 22 min*
- Weight: 85 lbs. (38 kg)
- Gasoline and 110 Volt Models Truly Portable
- Dimensions: (L x D x H) 28 x 13 x 15 (71.12 cm x 33 cm x 38 cm)
- Mounted on Durable Powder Coated Steel Frame
- Convenient Carry Handles
- Reliable 6.0 HP Honda Gasoline Engine or 115v/230v/240v at 50 or 60 Hz Electric Motors
- Electric Models: Plug Not Provided, (Consult Local Electrical Code)
- Oil/Water Separating Chambers (manual drains)
- Tri-Chemical Breathing Air Purification System:
Activated Carbon/Molecular Sieve 13X/Hopcalite
Disposable Purification Cartridge, Convenient & Easy to Replace (see SKU: MXA35F)
- Pressure Maintaining Valve for Optimum Air Processing
- Intake Filter, and Final Pressure Relief Valve
- Digital Hour/Tachometer, Standard on Gasoline Model Only
- Phase 1 Electric Models Come Equipped w/Digital Hour Meter
- Oil Filled Pressure Gauge 0-5800 psi (400 bar)
- Filling Hose with On/Off Valve with Bleed (SCUBA Yoke or SCBA Adapter specify when ordering)
- Compressor Design:
Air Cooled, Four Stage
Four Cylinder High Pressure
Non-Continuous Duty, Compressor
All Stainless Steel Inter-Stage and Final Stage Coolers
- Maximum Pressure: 4800 psig (330 bar) Approx. w/Output of 3.5 F.A.D. 4.2 SCFM Charging Rate**
- Maximum R.P.M.: 2800
- Lubrication System: Splash Lubrication w/Oil Thrower Pin
- Compressors Oil Capacity: 12 fl. oz. (354.88 ml)
- Lubricant: Max-Lube 501 Synthetic Compressor Oil (see SKU: MXA35O1 for Additional Oil)
- Gas Model Comes w/6' (1.83 meter) Intake Hose
- Noise Level: 87 dB at 9.84' (3 meters)
- New Feature on 35 Gas Model: Automatic/Adjustable Pressure Shut Off Switch
- Complete w/Spare Parts List and Owner's Manual
- *Time Required to Fill an 80-cu. ft. Cylinder from 500 to 3000 psig
**Based on Charging an 80-cu. ft. Cylinder from 500 to 3000 psig
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Power Gas/Electric||Gas or Electric|
|Horse Power||Subaru Gasoline Engine: 6.0 HP|
|Voltage||115v/230v/240v at 50 or 60 Hz Electric Motors|
|SCFM/SLFM||4.2 SCFM (119 liters)|
|Maximum Pressure||4800 psig (330 bar) Approx.|
|Filter Type||Activated Carbon/Molecular Sieve 13X/Hopcalite|
|Cylinder Fill Whip||Yes, w/Scuba Yoke or SCBA Adapter|
|Noise Level||87 dB at 9.84' (3 meters)|
|Approx. Fill Time||Fills 80 cu. ft.(2,265.4 liter) Tank in Approximately 22 min*|
|Approx. Output||3.5 F.A.D. 4.2 SCFM Charging Rate**|
|Lubrication||Splash Lubrication w/Oil Thrower Pin|
|Oil Type||Max-Lube 501 Synthetic Compressor Oil (see SKU: MXA35O1 for Additional Oil)|
|Dimensions||(L x D x H) 28 x 13 x 15 (71.12 cm x 33 cm x 38 cm)|
|Weight||85 lbs. (38 kg)|
|Gas or Electric|
|Subaru Gasoline Engine: 6.0 HP|
|115v/230v/240v at 50 or 60 Hz Electric Motors|
|4.2 SCFM (119 liters)|
|4800 psig (330 bar) Approx.|
|Activated Carbon/Molecular Sieve 13X/Hopcalite|
|Cylinder Fill Whip|
|Yes, w/Scuba Yoke or SCBA Adapter|
|87 dB at 9.84' (3 meters)|
|Approx. Fill Time|
|Fills 80 cu. ft.(2,265.4 liter) Tank in Approximately 22 min*|
|3.5 F.A.D. 4.2 SCFM Charging Rate**|
|Splash Lubrication w/Oil Thrower Pin|
|Max-Lube 501 Synthetic Compressor Oil (see SKU: MXA35O1 for Additional Oil)|
|(L x D x H) 28 x 13 x 15 (71.12 cm x 33 cm x 38 cm)|
|85 lbs. (38 kg)|
I was a little worried but this compressor is great. I just filled 6 cyls last night. The max air support is great as well, as they contacted me about what to build yoke or din. They let me know about specials on filters as well. Scuba.com, have worked with me all the way to make sure I was happy. I still remember scuba.com calling me when I had problems with a drysuit. These guys are always on top of things.. Thank you Scuba.com and thanks max air for a great product.