You have no items in your shopping cart.
Faber High Pressure Steel Tank
|Cylinder weight||lbs||6.6||8.6||14.8||28.6|| |
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer a 60/120 return policy
Faber is known world-wide for their quality high pressure steel scuba tanks. Faber High Pressure Steel Tanks are made from triple protected zinc sprayed and epoxy and polyurethane painted deep drawn chromium molybdenum steel. The Faber cylinders have a 3442 psi (237 bar) working pressure, are negatively buoyant from -2.42 lbs. to -9.41 lbs. (-1.1 kg to 4.3 kg) when full and are negatively buoyant from -1.2 lbs. to 2.35 lbs. (-0.54 kg to 1.1 kg) when empty. Faber High Pressure Steel Tanks are ready for Nitrox up to 40% oxygen (EAN40).
Steel cylinders are heavier than the same capacity aluminum cylinder. This characteristic has many advantages. The heavier construction allows the diver to remove lead weight from their weight belt or integrated weight system of the BCD, allowing the diver to better distribute weight by moving it to the rear of the BCD a great advantage when wearing a back inflation style (Wing) BCD. Steel tanks also remain negatively buoyant during the entire dive, unlike aluminum tanks which change from negatively buoyant when full to positively buoyant as the tank is drained.
Faber High Pressure Steel Tanks come standard with Faber’s convertible tank valve. Divers can easily change the valve from Yoke to Din, providing for multiple gear configurations. Tank boots are included for Faber steel tanks from 80 cubic feet (10.2L) and up.
All Faber cylinders meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT special permit number 13488 and Transport Canada (TC) with special permit number SU7694-237.
Blue Steel, The Distributor of Faber tanks makes every effort to ship the newest possible hydro date on all cylinders. However, due to high manufacturing quantities on various models, fluctuating sales volumes due to market conditions, hydro inventory will vary. Cylinders shipped within 16 months of Manufacture date are considered "current hydro".
- 3442 psi (237 bar) Working Pressure
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Durable construction
- Weight: From 6.6 lbs. to 46.9 lbs. (3 kg to 21.27 kg) Size Dependent
- Diameter: From: 3.94" to 8.02" (10 m to 20.37cm) Size Dependent
- Height: From: 14.17" to 29.53" (36cm to 75cm) Size Dependent
- Buoyancy Full: From -2.42 lbs. to -9.41 lbs. (-1.1 kg to 4.3 kg) Size Dependent
- Buoyancy Empty: From -1.2 lbs. to 2.35 lbs. (-0.54 kg to 1.1 kg) Size Dependent
- Equipped with Cylinder Boot for sizes 80cuft (10.2L) and up
- Convertible tank valve allowing for both Yolk and DIN connections
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3442 psi (237 bar)|
|Buoyancy Full||-2.64 to -9.41 lbs (-1.2 to -4.27kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|
|Material||Chromium Molybdenum Steel w/Hot Dip Galvanized|
|Capacities||23 cu. ft. (3 liters)
40 cu. ft. (5 liters)
80 cu. ft. (10.2 liters)
100 cu. ft.. (12.9 liters)
117 cu. ft. (15 liters)
120 cu. ft. (15.3 liters)
133 cu. ft. (17 liters)
149 cu. ft. (19 liters)
|Diameter||3.94 to 8.02 (10 to 20.37cm)|
|Height||19.5 to 29.53 (49.5 to 75cm)|
|Weight||6.6 lbs to 46.9 lbs (3 to 21.2kg)|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Material||Marine Grade Chromed Brass|
|Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Nice Tank. Wish it would have been NITROX ready. Cost another $60 for the tank to be cleaned at the dive shop. Other than that it performed well.
They are Nitrox ready from when we receive them. Unfortunately the DOT makes us ship tanks open and empty. Enjoy!
i use this tank for filling a pcp air rifle. almost seems a shame, as it would be a very good diving tank. i really like the white finish. it looks nice and seems very durable with reasonable care. the boot that came on the tank is decent, and it came with a very nice valve, that works well for my purpose. if the tank was to be used for diving, or handled and stored loose, i might get a different boot for it that had better built-in roll resistance, and a slightly larger base for better stability when standing upright. the tank is heavy, but that is to be expected for this type of product. it is not so heavy that it is difficult to handle and move around. overall, im very happy with the tank. i can get several full-pressure fills for my 3000 psi airgun before the pressure in the tank s to below 3000 psi.