You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Rite TransPac XT - New & Upgraded for 2021
Product OverviewBorn of necessity and refined over years of extreme use, the TransPac XT is Dive Rite's flagship harness. The TransPac XT was Inspired by a mountaineer's style backpack distributing weight across the diver's hips and back, not the shoulders. High density foam pads on the shoulders and waist, along with a lumbar support pad provide superior comfort above and below the water. Originally designed by Dive Rite CEO Lamar Hires for his early expeditions to the remote Karst regions of Japan. On these expeditions he needed a rugged harness system that would allow him to utilize back mounted doubles and single, as well as sidemount in some of the smaller cave passages. In addition to being a versatile diving tool, the TransPac also needed to be comfortable enough to hike tanks a mile back into a dry cave.
Soft backplate is flexible and comfortable on the back. Wrap-around hip pads: Dual density foam pads provide cushioning and support and help distribute weight evenly across the hips and back. Ergonomic shoulder pads: Double-foam pads under the webbing strap provide padding comfort to the shoulder area. Lumbar support pad: Molded foam pad contoured in the right places with mesh airflow channels provides added comfort and instant water draining when topside. Chafe-free comfort: The padded shoulder straps and hip straps provide a chafe-free diving experience. Backpacking style waist belt: Supports and balances weight across the hips and back for even distribution of weight in and out of the water. Load distribution: The chest strap along with the crotch strap work together with the backpacking style waist belt and pivot ring shoulder straps to evenly distribute weight for maximum stability and comfort in the water.
Shoulder straps and waist strap: Easily adjustable in length to allow for diving any type of exposure suit. Crotch strap (removable): Pull adjustment to set the exact length needed to accommodate any type of exposure suit. Cross-chest strap: Buckles across the chest with a pull adjustment to fine tune the shoulder straps in the exact position desired. Shoulder straps attach to the top of the backplate at pivot rings, allowing for easy adjustment. Pull strap on the quick-release buckles between the shoulder straps and waist strap allow for fine adjustments and a perfect fit. Shoulder strap attachment waist plates slide to allow for positioning on the waist strap at the desired location. Waist webbing can be easily replaced allowing for many years of use.
Unlimited Versatility and Customization:
Dive a single tank, double tanks, a rebreather, or sidemount by simply swapping out the wing along with some additional mounting accessories. Compatible with any XT or EXP wing in the Dive Rite line. Add accessories like gear pockets, weight pockets, a line cutter, knife, or additional D-rings with ease.
The Dive Rite TransPac XT Harness, exceptionally rugged, yet beautifully streamlined, the TransPac XT redefines expectations about function and comfort in Scuba harnesses. Dive Rites radically updated TransPac XT now provides a true mountaineer backpack design with an integrated hip belt, molded foam lumbar support and ergonomic shoulder pads. Available in multiple sizes with easy customization options at the shoulder and waist plate, the TransPac XT is designed to fit any size diver, including children.
The TransPac XT evenly balances weight across the hips and back distributing the weight of single or double tanks. The wrap-around hip belt made of dual density foam, snugly hugs the lower back giving critical support and cushioning. Narrow, double foam shoulder pads fit perfectly beneath the 2" (5.1cm) shoulder webbing to give chafe free comfort. The high-tech, molded foam lumbar pad is contoured in all the right places with mesh airflow channels for instant draining topside and doubles as a lift bag sleeve with an integrated pocket. Chest support strap provides ultimate load distribution and when used with the removable, 1.5" (3.8cm) crotch strap provides outstanding stability and comfort in the water. Transition plates at the shoulders allow for quick addition/deletion of hardware and finite adjustments. Dual cam straps with stainless-steel buckles are positioned to give plenty of head room for easy maneuvering in the water.
Neutrally buoyant, the TransPac XT weighs less than 5 lbs. (2.29 kg) and packs flat for travel. Optional weight pockets (see SKU: DIV3216) slide easily onto the waist belt. The soft backpack is 1,000-Denier ballistic nylon and the side plates and hardware are marine grade stainless-steel. The shoulder straps feature pivot rings at chest and Acetyl resin squeeze style quick-release buckles for easy don/doff. There are four 2" (5.1cm) D-rings on each shoulder strap on sizes M-XXL and 2 each on XS & SM. The harnesses 2" (5.1cm) nylon webbing is rated to 7,000 lbs. (3175 kg) breaking strength. The TransPac XT weighs 4.25 lbs. to 5 lbs. (1.93 to 2.26 kg) depending on size. The TransPac XT comes with owner's manual and is proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Exceptionally Rugged, Beautifully Streamlined
- Redefines Expectations of Function & Comfort-In Scuba Harnesses
- Mountaineer Backpack Design
- Integrated Hip Belt, Molded Foam Lumbar Support & Ergonomic Shoulder Pads
- Easy Customization Options
- Designed to Fit Any Size Diver, including Children
- Evenly Balances Weight Across the Hips & Back
- Harness Usable w/Single or Double Tanks
- Wrap-Around Hip Belt:
Made of Dual Density Foam
Snugly Hugs Lower Back Giving Critical Support & Cushioning
- Narrow, Double-Foam Shoulder Pads for Chafe-Free Comfort
- Mesh Airflow Channels:
Provide for Instant Draining
Doubles as Lift-Bag Sleeve w/Integrated Pocket
- Chest-Support Strap Provides Ultimate Load Distribution
- Transition Plates: At Shoulders for Quick Addition/Deletion of Hardware
- Dual Cam Straps w/Stainless Steel Buckles
- Optional Weight Pockets (see SKU: DIV3216)
- Soft Backpack: 1,000-Denier Ballistic Nylon
- Side Plates & Hardware: Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Shoulder Straps w/Pivot Rings at Chest & Acetyl-Resin Squeeze Style Quick-Release Buckles for Easy Don/Doff
- Four 2 (5.1cm) D-Rings-On Each Shoulder Strap, Sizes M-XXL
- Two 2 (5.1cm) D-Rings-On Each Shoulder Strap, Sizes XS & SM
- 2 (5.1cm) Nylon Webbing: Rated to 7,000 lbs. (3175 kg) Breaking Strength
- Weight: 4.25 lbs. to Less than 5 lbs. (1.93 to 2.26 kg) Depending on Size
- Buoyancy: Neutral
- Available In-Multiple Sizes
- Owner's Manual
- Made in the USA
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Materials||Backpack: 1,000-Denier Ballistic Nylon, Nylon Webbing & Molded Foam
Hardware: Stainless Steel & Acetyl-Resin
|Cylinder Capacity||Single or Doubles|
|D-Rings||Shoulders: 2 to 4 (Harness Size Dependent)
Waist Strap: 2
Crotch Strap: 1
|Weight||XS: 4 lbs 4 oz (1.92kg)
SM: 4 lbs 5 oz (1.9 kg)
MD: 4 lbs 8 oz (2kg)
LG: 4 lbs 12 oz (2.15kg)
XL: 4 lbs 14 oz (2.20kg)
XXL: 4.93 lbs (2.23kg)
|Buckles||Waist: Stainless-Steel Latch Style
Shoulders & Chest: Squeeze Style Quick-Release Buckles
|Tensile Strength||7,000 lbs (3,175kg)|