You have no items in your shopping cart.
APEKS Black Ice BCD
|Over the Shoulder (in)||38-48||42-52||42-52|
|Total Integrated weight (lbs)||42||42||42|
|Releasable weight (lbs)||32||32||32|
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer a 60/120 return policy
Product OverviewThe APEKS Black Ice is a rugged, weight-integrated, back-inflation BC designed with the advanced diver in mind. Despite its heavy-duty construction, it provides amazing comfort, fit and stability thanks to its Wrapture Harness System (pat. pending). Due to the modular-nature of this BC, a custom fit can be achieved through any of the three sizes. The Black Ice is offered in one color only, you guessed it, black.
The Wrapture Harness System, utilizing a specialized back plate, valve retention strap and swivel shoulder buckles to provides unsurpassed comfort. The Wrapture Harness System not only hugs the contours of the body providing superior comfort and stability, it also supports the Scuba cylinder in a way that has never been more comfortable to the diver. The Wrapture allows you to stand up straight in total comfort while the cylinder remains perfectly vertical and pulled in close while preventing "ride-up" at the surface.
The Black Ice features the patented and innovative Sure-Lock II mechanical weight release system with 32 lbs. (14.5 kg) capacity in all sizes. The Sure-Lock II is easy to load and remains secure until you want to release it. The Sure-Lock II Weight Pockets align themselves. Just insert the pocket until it "clicks". A simple, single pull release is all that is needed to jettison the weights in an emergency. The Black Ice also has fixed non-releasable weight pockets in back with capacities of 10 lbs. (4.5 kg). The 3-Flat E-Valves, one on the right shoulder and one on the left lower rear and one on the right lower rear reduce drag and keep the BC streamlined. The valves are designed as one way to keep water out.
The Black Ice comes equipped with Aqua Lungs Power Line Inflator with an increased fill rate which is now, one of the highest air flows in the industry. The Power Line is an environmentally sealed unit for less maintenance, has integrated hose clips for attachment to the LP hose for a streamline and low profile. The Inflator is equipped with a cable activated rapid exhaust at the top, simply pull down on lower unit to dump air.
The left pocket is a fold-down design with deep capacity, perfect for an extra mask. The right pocket is a large utility pocket secured with a robust zipper closure. Knife attachment points are found on the left pocket flap which will accommodate many of the Wenoka Squeeze Lock Knives. This location provides easy access to the knife. The Black Ice feature 5-large, angled, stainless steel D-rings for all your accessories and the rolled neck collar provides comfort. The air cell is made from rugged 840 denier nylon fabric with a urethane internal laminate. The Black Ice BCD provides 52 lbs. (23.6 kg) of lift, comes with a 3/8" threaded low pressure quick-disconnect hose, and an owner's manual.
- Rugged, Weight-Integrated, Back-Inflation BC
- Designed with the Advanced-Diver-in-Mind
- Heavy-Duty Construction
- Amazing-Comfort, Fit and Stability
- Wrapture Harness System (pat. pending):
Valve Retention Strap
Swivel Shoulder Buckles
Hugs-the-Contours of Body, Providing Superior Comfort and Stability
Supports the Scuba Cylinder
Prevents Ride-Up at the Surface
- Patented and Innovative Sure-Lock II Mechanical Weight Release System:
32 lbs. (14.5 kg) Weight Capacity in All-Sizes
Sure-Lock II is Easy to Load and Remains Secure
Weight Pockets Align Themselves: Insert-the-Pocket Until it Clicks
- Fixed Non-Releasable Weight Pockets in Back with Capacities 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
- 3-Flat E-Valves:
One on Right-Shoulder
One on Left-Lower-Rear
One on Right-Lower-Rear
Flat E-Valves: Reduce Drag and Keep BC Streamlined
One-Way Design, Keeps Water-Out
- Aqua Lungs Power Line Inflator:
Increased Fill Rate: Highest Air Flows in Industry
Environmentally Sealed Unit for Less Maintenance
Cable Activated Rapid Exhaust
- Includes: 3/8 Threaded Quick-Disconnect LP Hose
- Attachment Grommets for Knife
- Left Pocket: Fold-Down, Deep-Capacity, Perfect for Extra Mask
- Right Pocket: Large-Utility-Pocket with Robust Zipper Closure
- 5-Large, Angled, Stainless Steel D-Rings for Accessory Attachment
- Rolled Neck Collar Provides Comfort
- Air Cell: Durable 840 Denier Fabric w/Urethane Laminate Interior
- Lift: 52 lbs. (23.6 kg)
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|BC Body||Back Inflator|
|Buoyancy Bag||52 lbs. (23.6 kg)|
|Valves||4-Dump/Over-Pressure Relief Valves|
|Pockets||Left Side: Fold Down, Right Side: Zippered Utility|
|Shoulder Straps||Torso Adjustable|
|Stainless Steel Rings||Yes, 5 Angled|
|Waist Strap||Adjustable Webbing w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Chest Buckle||Adjustable Sternum w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Aqua Lung Power Line|
|Materials||Air Cell: 840 Denier Nylon, Harness: Nylon Webbing, Hardware: Stainless Steel and Plastic|
|Weight Capacity||Releasable: 32 lbs. (14.5 kg), Non-Releasable: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)|
|52 lbs. (23.6 kg)|
|4-Dump/Over-Pressure Relief Valves|
|Left Side: Fold Down, Right Side: Zippered Utility|
|Stainless Steel Rings|
|Yes, 5 Angled|
|Adjustable Webbing w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Adjustable Sternum w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Aqua Lung Power Line|
|Air Cell: 840 Denier Nylon, Harness: Nylon Webbing, Hardware: Stainless Steel and Plastic|
|Releasable: 32 lbs. (14.5 kg), Non-Releasable: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)|