You have no items in your shopping cart.
Featuring the latest technologies to provide easy, natural breathing when you need it most, the Mares Prestige Octopus is a great choice for a medium-sized alternate air source. With a soft yellow purge button and highly visible yellow, braided hose, the Prestige Octo is easily identifiable in an out of air scenario.
Mares’ proprietary VAD System (Vortex Assisted Design) promises excellent and natural breathing at any depth. Another advantage of the VAD system is related to the bypass tube, through which most of the air is delivered. In cold water diving, this system prevents ice crystals (which can be generated by the expansion of humid air in cold temperatures) from interfering with the proper operation of second stage components.
Mares Prestige Octopus incorporates a Fluid Dynamic Deflector which was developed after in-depth studies and tests of fluid dynamics. It is engineered to receive and properly direct the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Combined with the VAD system it delivers very natural and effortless breathing. The mouthpiece is made of soft hypoallergenic silicone which can limit jaw fatigue and offers a secure fit even after very long dives.
Mares’ Mesh Grid is a patented design which reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, eliminating free flows even in strong currents. Constructed of Ultralight Techno Polymer, the Prestige Octopus is abrasion resistant and affordable. It is ideal for diving in warm and moderate temperatures.
The SuperFlex hose is a bright yellow, 3/8" threaded high flow hose and is 39.4" (100cm) in length. The regulator’s total weight is 13.33 oz. (378 g). The Mares Prestige Octopus is nitrox ready up to 40% oxygen out-of-the-box.
This product can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
- Brand new & completely redesigned with SuperFlex Hose
- SuperFlex hose is a lightweight, flexible, double braided hose
- Compact and lightweight
- Superior resistance to abrasion
- Nitrox compatible to 40% (the recreational limits of nitrox)
- VAD (Vortex Assisted Design) by-pass system for effortless, natural breathing under all conditions
- Orthodontic mouthpiece for added comfort
- Soft purge button is extremely easy to use, even with heavy gloves
- Specially designed mesh grid 2nd stage cover to prevent unwanted free-flow even in the strongest currents
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||Techno Polymer, Chromed Brass, Silicone|
|Hose Length||39.4 (100cm)|
|Total Weight||13.33 oz. (378 g) w/Hose|