Average Customer Review: based on 1 reviews.Rating: Perfect
Will this tank require any type of service before having tank nitrox filled? I understand the tank is Nitrox compatible, Just trying to verify that it will be accepted for Nitrox fill with current certifications, besides of course a "Nitrox" decal. Is included VIP cert. nitrox clean? Apologize for the redundancy. Just want to be clear on what I will need to do, if anything, or if they will be ready right out of the box for Nitrox at the local fill station. best regards, Scott
1) What brand / SKU is the valve? 2) Can you include a 3400 psi valve instead of a 2400 psi? 3) Is the VIP valid from the date of order or already months old? 4) With the valid VIP, does the valve come already installed or separate?
The tank is rated to 2640PSI you cannot safely go any higher than that amount with this tank. The valve is made by Blue Steel, we don''t sell separately. If you would like the PSI a little higher because you want a more compact tank I would suggest either of these: http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-131/043254/XS-Scuba-100-Cubic-Foot-High-Pressure-Steel-Scuba-Tank.html or http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-131/043014/Faber-100-Cubic-Foot-High-Pressure-Steel-Tank-FX-Series.html We do the VIP when the tank is shipped with the current month and year punched out. Shipping regulations don''t allow us to ship the tank with the valve installed however there is a plug you and removed and simply screw the valve on. Its just as easy as screwing in a light bulb. No tools are needed you tighten it as much as you can with your hands.
How Your Faber Cylinders Are Designed,
Approved and Tested
Faber's Diving Cylinders comply with the most stringent specifications set down by International Bodies and Local Authorities.
The world over Faber is well known for its comprehensive range of safe Diving Cylinders, made to approved standards.
A list of Faber's Approvals for all types of cylinders is available.
On the following pages you will find an introduction to the design, the approval and the production tests which Faber's Diving Cylinders undergo.
1. The material (steel plate) is carefully selected depending on its eventual use conditions, after verifying the chemical, physical, mechanical characteristics.
2. The design of Faber cylinders uses not only specified calculation formulae but also linear finite element analysis. The calculated data are then verified experimentally using strain-gauge measurements.
3. The fracture mechanics analysis of the steel allows us to define the maximum permissible defects in the cylinders, in order to enable us:
- to establish the non-destructive tests during production
- to guarantee the product fatigue life
- to demonstrate that a leak precedes the hypothetical burst of the cylinder (LBB)
4. The cylinders' surface protection is considered to be a function of the various environmental conditions of use and of the various corrosion agents.
5. Faber's cylinders are manufactured according to a quality control program certified to ISO 9001 and ISO / TS 16949 (where applicable).
Design Tests and Analyses are performed for new design approvals of diving cylinders:
- On materials
- Mechanical tests: tensile, elongation, impact, toughness, ductility, stress-cracking
- Chemical analysis
- On prototype cylinders (check of safety performances)
- Hydraulic burst test
- Pressure cycling test
- Ductility and impact resistance test
- Environmental test
- Extreme temperatures monotonic and cycling tests
- Flawed cylinder burst test
During production all the cylinders are subject to:
- Hardness test
- Ultrasonic inspection
- Hydraulic (proof and volumetric expansion) if required by the standard tests
- Leak test on spun cylinders
- Check of the critical dimensions and of the threads
- Check of the marking
- Check of the specified internal and external surface finish
- Flawed cylinders burst-test