You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewDivers are all supposed to carry a Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) to comply with national dive safety standards. That nice, but your safety is important with or without standards, so the smart diver always carries a surface marker buoy on every dive. XS Scuba's Safety Marker Buoy is huge with a 7' (2.13m) overall length (6'/1.83m out of water) and a 22" (60cm) circumference. Built tough to last, Surface Marker Buoy meets military specification. Buoy is manufactured from tough urethane-backed, nylon material for durability and years of service. Buoy has SOLAS reflective tape on both sides for maximum visibility.
Surface Marker Buoy is equipped with elastic loop at top for attachment of a chemical light for night diving applications and has a stainless-steel D-ring for attachment of a slate. An overpressure relief valve with pull cord for manual release of air, a combination oral and BCD QD inflation valve with cap cover, anti-spill bottom with baffle to allow easy fill from any air device and it keeps buoy inflated until you empty it.
Buoy has an 18" (45.7cm) step-thru leg harness with stainless-steel D-ring at bottom and lift handle at top for easy retrieval from a boat or dock. Buoy rolls up to a compact size and a hook and loop strap keeps it rolled and compact when not in use. Buoy can also double as a lift bag if needed with its 50 lbs. (13.6 kg) capacity and lift straps with stainless steel D-ring at the bottom. XS Scuba's SMB is available in orange or yellow colors.
- HUGE, 7' (2.13m) Long x 22 (60cm) Circumference (6'/1.83m out of the water)
- Mil-Spec, Urethane-Backed, Nylon Material
- SOLAS Reflective Tape, Both Sides for Maximum Visibility
- Elastic Loop at Top for Chemical Light Attachment
- Stainless Steel D-Ring At-Top for Slate Attachment
- Overpressure Relief Valve w/Pull for Manual Release
- Lifting Handle At-Top of Tube
- Combination Oral & BCD QD Inflator
- Anti-Spill Bottom w/Baffle Allow Easy Fill from Any Device
- Remains Inflated Until You Empty It
- Rolls Up to Compact Size & Stays Closed w/Hook & Loop Strap
- 18 (45.7cm) Step-Thru Leg Harness w/Stainless Steel D-Ring At-Bottom
- 50 lbs. (13.6 kg) of Lift Capacity
- Lifting Strap w/Stainless Steel D-Ring
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)|
|Materials||Buoy: Mil Spec Urethane-Backed Nylon
Hardware: Stainless Steel
Reflective Tape: SOLAS
|Dimensions||Overall Length: 7' (2.13m) 6'/1.83m Out of Water
Circumference: 22 (60cm)
|Color||Orange or Yellow|
|Inflation (Valve)||Combination Oral and BCD QD Inflator|
|Lift||50 lbs. (13.6 kg)|
|Over Pressure Relief Valve||Yes|
|Manual Dump Valve||Yes|
Very visible compared to smaller DSMB. Very good design and roll-up mechanism. Big lift, so be careful when inflating not to get dragged up too!