You have no items in your shopping cart.
XS Scuba Metal Impact 80 cu. Neutrally Buoyant Tank W/Valve
Product OverviewThe XS Scuba Metal Impact Aluminum SCUBA tanks are durable, reliable, and visually appealing. The tank is manufactured from the industry standard lightweight, high-strength aluminum 6061-T6 alloy. The Neutrally Buoyant 80 cubic foot has an ample air capacity and better buoyancy characteristics in comparison to a standard 80 cylinder. The 80 cubic foot bottle has a 3300 psi (228 bar) service pressure rating, a capacity of 76.2 cu. ft. (10 liters), is negative 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg) when full and is positive 0.8 lbs. (0.4 kg) at 500 psi (35 bars). Cylinder weighs 33.4 lbs. (15.2 kg) when empty, and measures (Dia. x L) 7.25" x 25.4" (184mm x 645mm). Aluminum cylinders unlike steel cylinders don't rust, they oxidize. The oxidization of aluminum forms a protective coat that hinders the continuation of corrosion making aluminum cylinders less likely to be condemned due to excessive corrosion. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled.
All Metal Impact Aluminum cylinders are nitrox ready up to 40% and meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM specifications. Purchasers should check with other country requirements to know if the cylinders are certified for use in that country.
XS Scuba's Valves are designed and manufactured for long life and heavy use. The Thermo by XS Scuba Pro Valve is no exception. Valve is made of marine grade brass with triple bright chrome plating for long life protection in salt water. Precision machined from high tension brass and chrome plated valve stems for years of service and corrosion free operation. The high-pressure seat is nylon. The Pro Valve will accommodate both Yoke and DIN regulators with its removable 230 bar (3,336 psi) DIN insert which can be removed using a 1/4" hex key wrench.
Easy grip soft rubber hand wheel with stainless steel insert ensures long life and large ribs make turning handle easy even when wearing gloves. Valve bonnets are copper crush washer sealed. Valve is equipped with a one-piece safety plug, has a 5/32" hex wrench dip tube for positive retention and 3/4" x 14 NPSM inlet threads which fit nearly all DOT aluminum and modern steel cylinders. All this and more makes this the valve of choice for the serious diver. The valve has a 3300 (228 bars) service pressure. Valve is Nitrox compatible up to 40%.
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Better Buoyancy Characteristics Compared to Standard 80 Cylinder
- Thread Size: 0.750-14 NPSM
- Industry Standard Lightweight, High-Strength Aluminum 6061-T6 Alloy
- Won't Rust Like Steel Cylinders
- Working Pressure: 3300 psi (228 bar)
- Dimensions: (Dia. x L) 7.25 x 25.4 (184mm x 645mm)
- Buoyancy: Negative 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg) Full & Positive 0.8 lbs. (0.4 kg) at 500 psi (35 bars)
- Weight (empty): 33.4 lbs. (15.2 kg)
- Capacity: 76.2 cu. ft. (10 liters)
All Metal Impact Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM
- Valve: Thermo by XS Scuba DIN/Yoke Pro 3300 PSI EANX Features
- Convertible K-Valve
- 3/4 x 14 NPSM-Inlet
- HP Seat Teflon Coated
- Hex Wrench 5/32 Tighten Dip Tube
- Chromed Valve Stem
- Easy Grip Rubber Hand-Wheel
- Marine Grade Brass Triple Chromed Valve Body
- Nylon HP Seat Material
- Accommodate Both Yoke & DIN Regulators
- Removable 230 bar (3,336 psi) DIN Insert, Removed Using 1/4 Hex Key Wrench
Best Price Guarantee
Terms & Conditions
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3300 psi (228 bar)|
|Buoyancy Full||Negative 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|Capacity||76.2 cu. ft. (10 liters)|
|Dimensions (Dia. x H)||7.25 x 25.4 (184 x 645mm)|
|Weight||Empty: 33.4 lbs. (15.2 kg)|
|Materials||Chrome Plated Brass, Rubber|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|Thread Size||0.750-14 NPSM|
|3300 psi (228 bar)|
|Negative 4.1 lbs. (1.9 kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready|
|Yes, Up to 40% O2|
|76.2 cu. ft. (10 liters)|
|Dimensions (Dia. x H)|
|7.25 x 25.4 (184 x 645mm)|
|Empty: 33.4 lbs. (15.2 kg)|
|Chrome Plated Brass, Rubber|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)|
|Valve Nitrox Ready|
|Yes, Up to 40% O2|