You have no items in your shopping cart.
XS Scuba Highland Aluminum Backplate, Black
Product OverviewHighland by XS Scuba's Aluminum Backplate is made from durable and corrosion resistant 6061 aluminum alloy with black anodized finish. Backplate weighs in at 1.7 lbs (770g). To protect the harness webbing, the aluminum backplate has beveled edges for smooth slots and holes to protect the harness webbing. The 3 holes at the top of the plate offer variable height adjustment for air cell and cylinder mounting. In addition, a corresponding lower oval slot allows for lower band bolts that may be misaligned. Slots at bottom for use with 1 or 2" (2.5 or 5.1cm) crouch straps. For attachment of accessories the backplate has 3/8" (9.5mm) accessory mounting holes along both sides. There is no need for a separate backplate when switching from doubles to a single cylinder set up. Backplate has cam band slots for single tank diving without the need for a single tank adapter. There are 4 upper and lower slots to accommodate nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly to the plate. Having 4 slots provides stability and prevents cylinder swinging. Hardware not included.
- Weighs 1.7 lbs (770g)
- 6061 Aluminum Alloy w/Black Anodized Finish
- Beveled Edges to Protect Harness
- 3 Holes Top of Plate: Variable Height Adjustment for Air Cell & Cylinder Mounting
- Corresponding Lower Oval Slot: For Lower Band Bolts
- Slots at Bottom for Use w/1 or 2 (2.5 or 5.1cm) Crouch Strap
- 3/8 (9.5mm) Accessory Mounting Holes (along both sides)
- 4 Upper & Lower Slots Accommodate Nylon Cylinder Bands
- Cam Band Slots for Single Tank Diving w/o Need for Single Tank Adapter
- 4 Slots Provides Stability & Prevents Cylinder Swinging
- Hardware Not Included
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Backplate for Technical Dive Rigging|
|Material||6061 Aluminum Alloy w/Black Anodized Finish|
|Cylinder Capacity||Double or Single|
|Crotch Strap Slots||Yes, 1 or 2 (2.5 or 5.1cm)|
|Weight||1.7 lbs (770g)|
|Mounting Holes Size||3/8 (9.5mm)|