You have no items in your shopping cart.
XS Scuba Extra Air System with Tank
Product OverviewHaving a redundant air system is the safest way to dive. Unlike an octopus regulator a separate air source will guarantee you have emergency air available if you or your buddy needed to perform an emergency out of air procedure. The XS Scuba Extra Air System with Tank is the ultimate complete backup rescue system. At the heart of the system is the Highland by XS Scuba Compact DIN First Stage. This first stage is a non-balanced, reliable, and simple flow-by fail safe piston design that is factory set at 135 to 145 psi (9.3 to 10 bars) intermediate pressure at 3000 psi (200 bars) cylinder pressure. The compact low-profile first stage is manufactured from durable marine grade brass with a chrome finish has one high-pressure port and two low-pressure ports. Regulator comes equipped with a 200/300 bar (3000/4350 psi DIN connection which can be quickly converted to a yoke style first stage with the addition of an optional spin-on yoke adapter. To protect the first stage when not mounted on a cylinder a Delrin DIN cap with lanyard comes standard.
The Alt-Air second stage utilizes the same patented quick-release buckles used on today's most modern weight integrated BC's. Snap the Alt-Air in place to the BC and forget about it. If you need it, then it will be there...every time. Even after a giant stride from a 20' (6m) tuna tower...it's still there. Yet, just grab and pull the Alt-Air, that's all that is needed to release the patented X-Lock buckle.
The Alt-Air is a reliable downstream demand valve design and is tuned to resist free flow when entering the water or surface swimming through the surf zones. The regulator is manufactured from impact resistant plastic with chrome plated brass valve components. The Alt-Air has a unique in-line mouthpiece design that provides a direct line between the demand valve mechanism and the mouthpiece for excellent breathing characteristics. The Alt-Air comes with a 40" (102cm) MiFlex low pressure hose. The MiFlex hoses feature a patent pending double nylon safety braiding designed to outperform and outlive traditional rubber hoses. MiFlex hoses are 30% lighter than an equivalent length rubber hose and have unmatched flexibility. You can tie a MiFlex hose in a knot and be assured of continuous, uninterrupted airflow. MiFlex Hoses have a minimum burst pressure of 3600 psi (250 bar), more than twice rubber hoses. The Alt-Air comes with a quality silicone mouthpiece.
the 2'nd stage comes equipped with XS Scuba's 90½ Adapter. Adapter makes your 2'nd stage regulator more comfortable while you dive. Adapter is installed between your second stage and the regulators low-pressure hose and allows you to route the hose under your right or left arm instead of over the shoulder. This adapter makes a more comfortable feeling and can eliminate the pulling effect of the regulator found with over the shoulder routing. Adapter is made from corrosion resistant chrome plated brass for long life and low maintenance. Designed for low-pressure hoses using 200 psi (13.8 bars) or less, equipped with Viton O-rings and factory cleaned, so it's safe for use with enriched air Nitrox.
To monitor cylinder pressure the system includes the Highland by XS Scuba Mini Tech Pressure Gauge. This Gauge is small and compact measuring only 1.1" (2.8cm) in diameter, .88" (2.2cm) thick and can be mounted directly into a high pressure (HP) port of a first stage regulator. Gauge is especially advantageous when a full-size pressure gauge is not necessary. Mini Tech Pressure Gauge has a bright white face that is easy to read at night and in low light diving conditions. The gauge comes with a Viton O-ring. Gauge has a wide 210½ sweep and measures pressure from 0 to 5,000 psi (0 to 350 bars).
The systems Luxfer aluminum cylinder is available in 3-sizes depending on your diving depth requirements. Choose from a 6, 13 or 19 cubic foot capacity. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled.
All Luxfer cylinders are nitrox ready up to 23.5% and meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM specifications. Purchasers should check with other country requirements to know if the cylinders are certified for use in that country. The XS Scuba Pro Valve is one of the highest flow cylinder valves available today and is also a convertible valve. Whether you dive Yoke or DIN regulators this valve will work for both. Valve has easily removed 200 bars (3,000 psi) DIN insert to convert the valve for use with DIN regulators. Valve has a heavy duty deign with a smooth operating mechanism and multi-ported burst disc plug for added safety. XS Scuba's Valves are designed and manufactured for long life and heavy use. The Pro Valve is no exception. Valve is made of marine grade brass with triple bright chrome plating for long life protection in salt water. Precision Machined from high tension brass and chrome plated valve stems for years of service and corrosion free operation. Easy grip soft rubber safety hand wheel with stainless steel insert ensures long life and large ribs make turning handle easy even when wearing gloves. This unique safety hand wheel allows the diver to visually see if the valve is completely turned on and off with a set of colored rings that appear on the valve side of the hand wheel. If you see Red" the valve is off. If you see Green" the valve is completely open and ready for diving. New hand wheel takes the guess work out of knowing your valve is fully open and ready for diving.
Valve bonnets are O-ring sealed. You won't need to crank on the valve when you open and close it with the 1.5-hand wheel rotation from full-on to fully-off. The valves seat assembly is Teflon coated for years of smooth operation and a one-piece safety plug protected within the valve body guards against damage during transport. The Pro Valve will accommodate both Yoke and DIN regulators with its removable 230 bar (3,336 psi) DIN insert which can be removed using a 1/4" hex key wrench. Valve has a 5/32" hex key dip tube and is Nitrox compatible up to 40%. Pro Valves is for cylinder pressures of 3000 psi (200 bars).
XS Scuba's Highland Pony Mount is made from (316 grade) stainless steel for corrosion resistant durability and long life this unique mounting system comes equipped with rubber feet to protect your cylinders finish. Pony Mount allows mounting of pony bottle on right or left side and upright or upside-down.
Pony Mount is designed to fit 6.9" to 8.0" (17.5cm to 20.3cm) diameter primary cylinders and allows mounting of 4.4" to 5.5" (11.2cm to 14cm) diameter pony cylinders which included aluminum 6, 13, 19 cubic foot cylinders. The cam buckles are made from stainless steel and the nylon webbing is adjustable in length.
- Redundant Air System Safest Way to Dive
- Guaranteed Emergency Air for Out-of-Air-Procedure
- Ultimate Complete Backup Rescue System
- Luxfer Aluminum Cylinder Available in 3-Sizes Depending-On-Diving Depth Requirements
- Owner Manuals
- Highland by XS Scuba Compact DIN First Stage:
- Compact, Low Profile First Stage
- Fail Safe Flow-By Piston Design
- Simple and Reliable
- One High Pressure, Two Low Pressure Ports
- Factory Set I.P. at 135 to 145 psi (9.3 to 10 bars) at 3000 psi (200 bars)
- Direct Attachment to 200 or 300 bars (3000 to 4350 psi) DIN Connection
- Marin Grade Brass with Chrome Finish
- Delrin DIN Cap with Lanyard
- XS Scuba Alt Air Octopus:
- Do You Know Where Your Safety Second Regulator Is When Diving
- XS Scuba Has Addressed that Problem:
- Alt-Air Utilizes Same Quick-Release Buckles On-Modern Weight Integrated BC's
- Snap Alt-Air In-Place to BC & Forget-About-It
- Buckle Keep-It-Where-You-Put-It
- Even After Giant Stride from a 20' (6m) Tuna Tower
- Patented X-Lock Buckle
- Reliable Downstream Demand Valve Design
- Tuned to Resist Free Flow
Housing & X-Lock Buckle: Impact Resistant Plastic
Valve Mechanism: Corrosion Resistant Chrome Plated Brass Components
- Intelligent & Unique In-line Mouthpiece Design
- Design: Provides Direct Line Air Path from Demand Valve
- Excellent Breathing Characteristics
- Hose: Yellow MiFlex
- Hose Length: 40 (102cm)
- MiFlex Hose:
Patent Pending Double Nylon Safety Braiding Designed
Inner Liner Layer of Polyester & Polyurethane Compound Liner
Outperform & Outlive Traditional Rubber Hoses
Fitting & Sleeves: UNI 12164 CW 614N Chrome Plated Brass
Hose Resistant to UV Rays and More (see SKU: XSSLPH for All Features)
- Quality Silicone Mouthpiece
- XS Scuba's 90½: Adapter
- Makes Primary Regulator More Comfortable while Diving
- Routes the Hose Under the Right Arm instead of Over the Shoulder
- Installs between the Second Stage & Regulator Hose
- Swivels for Use by Diver or Buddy
- Chromed Brass Construction
- Low Pressure Use Only - Below 200 psi (13.8 bars)
- Factory Cleaned - Viton O-Rings
- XS Scuba Mini Tech Pressure Gauge:
- Bright, White Face - Easy to Read
- Ready to Mount Directly to a HP Port of First Stage
- Ready to Mount Directly to a HP Hose
- Inline Adapter and Air-Spool Included
- Air-Spool with Viton O-Rings
- Viton Gauge O-Ring
- Luminescent Gauge Face
- Wide 210½: Sweep
- Readout: 0 to 5000 psi
- Chromed Brass Case w/Rubber Boot
- Luxfer Aluminum Pony Tank:
- In 1988, Luxfer Introduced Scuba Tanks Manufactured from L6X
- Proprietary Formula of Aluminum Alloy: 6061-T6
- Superior Corrosion-Resistance & Dependable Performance
- Preferred Choice by Military, Commercial & Technical Divers Worldwide
- Best for Sport Divers: 6, 13 & 19 cu. ft. Cylinders
- Thread Size: 0.750-14 NPSM
- Won't Rust Like Steel Cylinders
- Working Pressure: 3000 psi (200 bar)
All Luxfer Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM
- XS Scuba Pro Valve:
- Standard Yoke Outlet w/Spin-Out DIN Insert Converts to 230 bar (3,336 psi) DIN Outlet
- 1/4 Hex Key Wrench Removable DIN Insert
- 3/4 - 14 NPSM Standard Inlet Threads
- 1.5 Hand Wheel Rotations from Fully-On to Fully-Off
- 5/32 Hex Key Dip Tube Included
- Service Pressure Aluminum: 3000 psi (200 bars)
- Unique Color-Coded Safety Hand Wheel:
Red: Valve Off
Green Valve Completely Open & Ready for Diving
- Valve Body: Marine Grade Brass w/Triple Bright Chrome Plating
- Chrome Plated Durable Brass Valve Stem
- Teflon Coated Valve Seat
- O-Ring Sealed Bonnet
- Easy Grip Rubber Hand Wheel
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Highland by XS Scuba Stainless Steel Pony Mount:
- Easy to Use Pony Bottle Mounting System
- 316-Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Rubber Feet to Protect Cylinder Paint
- Designed for 6.9 to 8.0 (17.5cm to 20.3cm) Diameter Primary Cylinders
- Quick Detach
- Fits 4.4 to 5.5 (11.2cm to 14cm) Diameter Pony Cylinder
- Aluminum 6, 13, 19 cu. ft. Pony Cylinders
- Stainless Steel Cam Buckle
- Adjustable Length Nylon Webbing
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Redundant Air System:||----|
|Purpose||Emergency Out-of-Air System|
|1'St Stage Type||Non-Balanced Flow-By Piston|
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass
Second Stage: Housing & X-Lock Buckle Plastic
Valve Mechanism: Chrome Plated Brass
|Hose Length||40 (102cm)|
|HP or LP||LP|
|Adapter Materials||Adapter: Chrome Plated Brass
|Working Pressure||Below 200 psi (13.8 bars)|
|Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|
|SPG Materials||Gauge: Chrome Plated Brass Components
|Readout||0 to 5000 psi (0 to 350 bars)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 1.1 (2.8cm)
Height 0.88 (2.2cm)
|Pressure||3000 psi (200 bars)|
|Diameter||6 cu. ft.: 3.2 (8.13cm)
13 & 19 cu. ft.: 4.4 (11.2cm)
|Weight||6 cu. ft.: 2.6 lbs. (2.72 kg)
13 cu. ft.: 6 lbs. (2.59 kg)
19 cu. ft.: 8 lbs. (3.6 kg)
|Height||6 cu. ft.: 11.1 (28.2cm)
13 cu. ft.: 13.1 (33.3cm)
19 cu. ft.: 18.6 (47.24cm)
|Buoyancy Full||6 cu. ft.: -1.4 lbs. (-635 g)
13 cu. ft.: -1.8 lbs. (-816.5 g)
19 cu. ft.: -1.3 lbs. (-589.7 g)
|Materials, Valve||Chrome Plated Brass, Rubber & Plastic|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Thread Size||0.750-14 NPSM|
|Mount Material||316-Stainless Steel|
|Harness Material||Nylon Webbing|
|Cylinder Diameter||Primary: 6.9 to 8.0 (17.5cm to 20.3cm)
Pony: 4.4 to 5.5 (11.2cm to 14cm)
|Buckle Material||316-Stainless Steel|