You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sherwood Avid CQR 3 BCD
|Height (in)||up to 5'0"||5'1"-5'4"||5'4"-5'8"||5'8"-6'1"||5'9"-6'2"||5'9"-6'2"+||5'9"-6'2"+|
|Weight (lbs)||up to 115||120-145||140-175||170-210||205-240||235-270||265+|
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer a 60/120 return policy
The Sherwood Avid CQR3 BCD is a fully featured, jacket inflation style BCD. This BCD is equally at home when diving in the warm Caribbean to colder North Atlantic seas and everywhere in between.
The hydrodynamic jacket style bladder provides a high degree of comfort and an innovative neoprene padded neck roll protects from the chaffing and irritation often experienced with multiple dives.
The highly regarded CQR-3 weight system provided convenience, stability and ease of weight insertion, all the while boasting the most secure weight integrated system in the market today. The larger handles on the CQR-3 system are superb with thicker gloves as well.
With a jacket style design, air wraps around the diver allowing for easy and comfortable floating on the surface while eliminating the squeeze sometimes associated with this style bcd. Generous, zippered pockets can hold accessories and a utility pocket with a hook and loop can carry the Akona Safety Tube (SKU: AKNST).
The Avid BC is Pro-Kit Ready and can accommodate the Sherwood Gemini Breathable Inflator for an additional charge.
- Integrated Weight System - 36 lb capacity (26 lbs Diver releasable -
- 10 lbs non-diver releasable trim weights for improved weight distribution and balance)
- Completely new and redesigned CQR3 state of the art weight release system
- with larger pull handles which are more accessible while adding support from the backplate -
- A major improvement from previous models
- BC Accessory Kit Ready (not included-see above to order)
- Quick Release/Adjust Shoulder Straps
- 2 large zipped pockets designed for easy access
- State of the Art Weight Release System (quick release buckles with-out Velcro)
- Heavy-Duty 1000 Denier urethane-backed nylon for long-lasting wear
- Depth-compensating cummerbund
- The advanced padded backpack frame
- Double tank bands for single tanks included
- Sternum strap
- 6 Stainless Steel D-rings
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|BC Body||Jacket Style|
|Buoyancy Bag||XS: 20 lbs. (9 kg), SM: 25 lbs. (11.3 kg), MD: 29 lbs. (13 kg), LG: 32 lbs. (14.5 kg), XL, 2XL & 3XL: 36 lbs.: (16.3 kg)|
|Valves||3 Dump/Overpressure Relief|
|Pockets||2 Zippered, 1 Hook and Loop|
|Shoulder Straps||Torso Adjustable w/Rotating Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles|
|Stainless Steel Rings||Yes, 6|
|Waist Strap||Adjustable Cummerbund w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Chest Buckle||Adjustable Sternum w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Sherwood Power Inflator|
|Materials||1000 Denier Nylon w/Urethane Laminate|
|Weight Capacity||Releasable: XS & SM: 16 lbs. (7.26 kg), LG & XL: 20 lbs. (9 kg), 2 & 3 XL: 26 lbs. (11.8 kg), Non-Releasable All: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
This is my second Sherwood AVID. As an instructor I am using my first for my pool rig, second for open water. I'm a big guy and like the XXXL, not so much for the cummerbund sizing but the shouldwer straps are longer so the jacket rides better on my body, better trim. Great weight release system, my other (non AVID) BCD had a system and the handles would release if they got a sideways bump like on an ascent line. Great BCD!!
I love the Avid BCD! My first one lasted almost 12 years! Very versatile.
This is a great buy for the bigger person. I am 6’-7” and 370lbs this fits great and is very easy to adjust and comfortable. It packs very small and is good for travel for being a larger size.