You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sharkbanz 2 Magnetic Shark Deterrent Band
Product OverviewSimple, effective, proven solution to sharks! For swimming, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and all ocean sports. Established in 2014, Sharkbanz Technology is the result of over a decade's worth of peer-reviewed scientific research on the use of magnetic technology as an active and effective shark deterrent. All around the world, Sharkbanz products are used by beachgoers, scuba divers, and ocean athletes to reduce the risk. Sharkbanz values science, results, and their customers' enjoyment of the ocean. The world's first active shark deterrent band. Designed for beachgoers, ocean athletes, and marine professionals, Sharkbanz use patented magnetic technology developed by marine biologists to deter predatory shark species.
Sharkbanz Technology has been verified by an independent third-party analysis group at the prestigious School of Coastal Environment Department of Marine Science at Coastal Carolina University. Effective: Technology based on proven science, published research and testing verified by an independent third-party analysis group. Simple: No batteries, no charging; always on. Affordable: Safety for everyone. Stylish: Ergonomic design and premium materials for enhanced comfort. Sharkbanz 2 can be worn on ankle or wrist, has a universal fit for ages 5+ and is depth rated to 330' (100m). Travel friendly meets TSA and airline requirements. The bands come in a magnetic shielded box for safe storage and transport. Sharkbanz 2 weighs 3 oz. (85 g).
How it Works: Sharkbanz's patented magnetic technology is the result of long term, ongoing scientific studies and testing. Sharkbanz utilize powerful permanent magnets to create an effective shark deterrent that's always on and requires no batteries or charging. When sharks approach Sharkbanz, they detect the device's strong electromagnetic field, which provides a sudden sensation that is thousands of times stronger than the signal produced by anything in a shark's normal food chain. Consequently, sharks are deterred away from Sharkbanz. This cause and effect are analogous to having a bright light suddenly shined in your eyes in a dark room. You would not be hurt, but you would want to turn away.
Sharks have the strongest electroreception (sensitivity to electrical fields) in the animal kingdom. They use this unique capability to navigate at night, when in murky water, and to hunt. Their electroreceptors (Ampullae of Lorenzini) and lateral line canals connect to the seawater by pores on their snouts and other zones of the head. When a fish swims, or even moves its gills, it creates a change in the surrounding geomagnetic field that sharks can detect with these electrically sensitive, gel-filled canals. Since the shark is tuned to be looking for very weak electromagnetic signals from its prey (heartbeats, muscle movements), this organ is highly sensitive. When encountered in the wild, the Sharkbanz field is exponentially greater than anything the animal will have experienced before and highly unpleasant. This tells the shark it is definitely not food.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.