You have no items in your shopping cart.
Scubapro Equator BCD with Air 2, Black/Red
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer a 60/120 return policy
Product OverviewThe Scubapro Equator BCD is a bullet proof jacket style and is now even better and shouldn't be limited to travel diving. The new comfort and technical features will convince you to use it in all your dive adventures. BC has easy to fold small backpack for lightweight travel, water draining Airnet back padding for super comfort. The Equator includes Scubapro's AIR 2, corrugated hose, elbow and low-profile dump valves using the latest technology for full safety and comfort. The AIR 2 is equipped with a cable activated pull dump mechanism on the left shoulder (see AIR 2 description below). There is a right shoulder and right lower rear over-pressure relief/pull dump valves, both equipped with pull cords for ease of trimming buoyancy.
BCD has a super cinch tank band with redesigned double tank straps, lightweight plastic buckle and easy insert webbing. The Equator BCD jacket is built from strong and durable 420-D nylon fabric with a soft neck finishing for added comfort. There is plenty of room for accessories and gear attachment with 6-stainless-steel D-rings, knife grommets, and octopus pockets on both sides. In addition, there are 2-zippered pockets with branded pull tabs for easy use and storage of a dive light, gloves or other accessory items.
The Equator BCD has integrated weight pockets with low-profile buckles and can hold 11 lbs. (5 kg) in each pocket. The BCD has multiple adjustments for a perfect fit, including torso adjustable shoulder straps with rotating shoulder buckles, adjustable sternum and waist straps all equipped with squeeze-style side release buckles for ease of donning and doffing. The waist strap is also equipped with a comfortable cummerbund. This black BCD has red shoulder line piping for a touch-of-style. The Equator Jacket BCD provides 22.5 lbs. to 38.2 lbs. (10.2 kg to 17.33 kg) of lift depending on the size. BCD comes with an owner's manual.
When you took dive lessons you learned to perform specific skills to make you safe and comfortable underwater and at the surface. One of those skills was buoyancy control. Once you start diving for fun you use your buoyancy control device constantly throughout the dive. Your octopus or alternate air source device on the other hand is never used unless there is an emergency out-of-air situation. Reacting properly in an out-of-air situation can make the difference between a safe dive and a tragedy. If your alternate air source and your BCD inflator device are one and the same, you will always know where to find it in an emergency.
The 4th generation of the Air 2 by Scuba Pro is a second stage regulator and balanced inflator in a single, compact housing. The Air 2 - 4th Generation builds upon an already superior product. It is lightweight, streamline, and eliminates the need for a backup regulator. The Air 2's Air-Balanced Power Inflator Valve means you'll have a steady stream of air, regardless of the pressure in your tank. The Air 2 - 4th Generation leaves you breathing- easy throughout your dives. The Air 2 has a fixed Venturi Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) flow vane for safe and uncomplicated use.
The Air 2 provides one hand operation for instinctive and simple operation the self-flushing mechanism requires just one push on the purge to clear away all dirt or to purge water. The regulator mechanism is a simple, yet reliable classic downstream demand valve. Air 2 is equipped with an ergonomic mouthpiece, soft second-stage cover and one button purge function. The regulator's pre-tuned system is housed in a precision molded fiberglass reinforced nylon case for strength and durability. The demand valve is chrome plated brass with a stainless-steel spring and a silicone rubber diaphragm and exhaust valve. The Air 2 comes with a 3/8" threaded 27.56" (70 cm) high-flow low-pressure hose and owner's manual.
- BCD and Alternate Air Source Combination
- Owner Manuals
- BCD: Scubapro Equator
- Bullet Proof Jacket Style BCD
- Comfort-and-Technical Features
- Great for Travel or Local Diving Activities
- Easy-to-Fold Small-Backpack for Lightweight Travel
- Water Draining AirNet Back-Padding for Super-Comfort
- Scubapro AIR 2, Corrugated Hose and Elbow
- Low Profile Dump Valves with Latest-Technology for Full-Safety-and-Comfort
- AIR 2: Cable-Activated Pull-Dump Mechanism on Left Shoulder
- Right Shoulder and Right Lower Rear Over-Pressure Relief/Pull-Dump Valves
- Over-Pressure Relief/Pull-Dump Valves with Pull-Cords for Ease of Trimming Buoyancy
- Super Cinch Tank Band with Redesigned-Double Tank Straps
- Lightweight Plastic Buckle and Easy-Insert Webbing
- Durable 420-D Nylon Fabric Construction
- Soft Neck Finishing for Added-Comfort
- 6-Stainless Steel D-Rings
- Grommets for Mounting Optional BCD Knife
- Octopus Pockets On-Both-Sides
- 2-Zippered Pockets with Branded Pull-Tabs for Easy Use and Storage of Accessories
- Integrated Weight Pockets with Low-Profile Buckles
- Weight Pocket Capacity: 11lbs (5kg) Each-Pocket
- Multiple Adjustments for a Perfect Fit:
- Torso Adjustable Shoulder Straps with Rotating Shoulder Buckles
- Adjustable Sternum Strap
- Waist Strap
- Comfortable Cummerbund
- All Straps Equipped with Squeeze-Style Side Release Buckles for Ease of Donning and Doffing
- Lift: 22.5 lbs. to 38.2 lbs. (10.2 kg to 17.33 kg), Size-Dependent
- Color: Black
- New Red Shoulder Line Piping for a Touch-of-Style
- Scubapro Air 2 Alternate Regulator/Inflator:
- Increased Safety in Out-of-Air Emergencies
- Second Stage Regulator and Balanced Inflator in a Single, Compact Housing
- Lightweight, Streamline, Eliminates Backup-Regulator (Octopus)
- Balanced Power Inflator Valve
- Simple, Yet Reliable Classic Downstream Demand Valve
- Fixed Venturi Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) Flow Vane
- VIVA: Safe and Uncomplicated Use
- One-Hand Operation for Instinctive and Simple Operation
- One-Button Purge Function
- Self-Flushing Mechanism
- One Push-on-the-Purge to Clear away all Dirt or to Purge Water
- Single Hose Configuration
- Ergonomic Silicone Rubber Mouthpiece
- Soft Second-Stage Cover
- Pre-Tuned System
- Precision Molded Carbon Fiber and Techno-Polymer Case
- Strong and Durable Design
- Demand Valve: Chrome Plated Brass with Stainless Steel Spring
- Silicone Rubber Diaphragm and Exhaust Valve
- 3/8 Threaded 27.56 (70 cm) High-Flow Low-Pressure Hose
- Weight: 6.7 oz. (190 g) w/o Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand|
|Materials||Case: Molded Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon, Demand Valve: Chrome Plated Brass, Spring: Stainless Steel, Diaphragm, Mouthpiece & Exhaust Valve: Silicone Rubber|
|Hose Length||27.56 (70 cm)|
|Total Weight||6.7 oz. (190 g) w/o Hose|
|BC Body||Jacket Style|
|Buoyancy Bag||22.5 lbs. to 38.2 lbs. (10.2 kg to 17.33 kg)|
|Valves||3-Valves: 2-Over-Pressure Relief/Pull-Dump, 1-Cable-Activated Pull-Dump|
|Shoulder Straps||Torso Adjustable w/Rotating Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckles|
|Stainless Steel Rings||Yes, 6|
|Waist Strap||Adjustable Cummerbund w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Chest Buckle||Adjustable Sternum w/Squeeze-Style Side-Release Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Scubapro Air 2|
|BCD Material||420-D Nylon Fabric|
|Weight Capacity||Releasable: 11 lbs. (5 kg) Each-Pocket|