You have no items in your shopping cart.
Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific 2nd Edition
Product OverviewComprehensive fish identification guide covering the fish-rich reefs of the Pacific. The generous 500-page text, displaying 2,500 underwater photographs of 2,000 species, required the combined talents of Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Paul Humann and Ned DeLoach four of the best marine life authors/photographers in the business. Their collaborative effort makes it possible for underwater naturalists to identify the myriad fishes that inhabit the warm tropical seas between Thailand and Tahiti with a single, compact, easy-to-use, no-nonsense reference.
To help simplify the identification process, each of the 108 fish families is presented within one of 20 Identification Groups based on a family's related visual or behavioral characteristics, such as Large Oval/Colorful or Sand and Burrow Dwellers. Likewise, every effort has been made to group similar-appearing species, for example 18 yellowish or yellow tinted butterfly fishes occupy three adjoining pages. The concise text accompanying each species portrait includes the fish's common, scientific and family names, size, description, visually distinctive features, preferred habitat, typical behavior, depth range, and geographical distribution. When applicable, a superimposed arrow points to the species' diagnostic feature often the crucial feature for distinguishing between similar-appearing species.
In a true sense, this is a well-crafted tool for sorting among the beautiful, colorful and exotic kaleidoscope of fishes that you swim with on every Pacific dive. Whether heading for the Pacific, celebrating the diversity of nature or simply trying to identify Nemo, this is a book to enjoy for a lifetime. An updated and enlarged 2nd edition of Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific (first released in 2003). The book features more than 200 additional species, hundreds of improved photos, scientific name changes and range extensions. 6 " x 9" (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm) format soft cover book. Must have for vacationing divers visiting the tropical Pacific. Book makes a great gift idea for your dive buddy or diving significant other.
- Comprehensive Fish Identification Guide
- Covering Fish-Rich Reefs of the Pacific
- Generous 500-Page Text
- Displaying 2,500 Underwater Photographs of 2,000 Species
Combined Talents of:
4 of the Best Marine Life Authors/Photographers in the Business
- Collaborative Effort:
Makes it Possible for U/W Naturalists to Identify Myriad Fishes
Species Inhabiting Tropical Seas between Thailand and Tahiti
- Single, Compact, Easy-to-Use, No-Nonsense Reference
- Simplified Identification Process:
108 Fish Families
Presented within 1 of 20 Identification Groups
Groups Based on Family's Related Visual or Behavioral Characteristics
Large Oval/Colorful or Sand and Burrow Dwellers
- Grouped Similar-Appearing Species i.e.: 18 Yellowish or Yellow Tinted Butterfly Fishes Occupy 3 Adjoined Pages
- Common, Scientific and Family Names
- Size, Description, Visually Distinctive Features
- Preferred Habitat and Typical Behavior
- Depth Range, and Geographical Distribution
- Arrow Points for Crucial Feature Distinguishing Similar-Appearing Species
- Updated and Enlarged 2nd Edition ofReef Fish Identification
More than 200 Additional Species
Hundreds of Improved Photos
Scientific Name Changes and Range Extensions
- Easy to Search and Find Fish Species from Your Dive
- A Must-Have for Vacationers
- Dimensions: 6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm) Format
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Author(s)||Paul Humann, Ned Deloach, Gerald Allen, and Roger Steene|
|Publisher||New World Publications|
|Size||6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm)|
|Style||Fish Identification Photo's and Text|
|ISBN #||ISBN-10: 1878348604, ISBN-13: 978-1878348609|
|Paul Humann, Ned Deloach, Gerald Allen, and Roger Steene|
|New World Publications|
|6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm)|
|Fish Identification Photo's and Text|
|ISBN-10: 1878348604, ISBN-13: 978-1878348609|