You have no items in your shopping cart.
JBL Explorer 24 Double Sling Spear Gun (4D24)
Product OverviewIf you're looking for a spear gun that's big on performance while still leaving a little green in your wallet, the Explorer is perfect. Explorer series spear guns' pack quality features like hardened stainless steel 2-piece trigger, stainless steel spear shaft, and cast aluminum handle onto a compact 1" (25mm) 6063 aerospace alloy barrel for quick target acquisition and fatal results. Same parallel power source and low profile design make Explorer spear guns perfect for cagy fish when the shot window is a split second. At the end of the day it's the fish count that really matters, and nothing stacks them up like the Explorer.
The Explorer 24 is powered by one 9/16" x 24" (7.11mm x 610 mm) Hi-Mod band with 302 stainless steel wishbones. JBL's unique latex formulation and dip manufacturing process delivers radical modulus strength. The power curve increases as bands are stretched for optimum performance. Special anti-oxidants help protect against harmful U.V. rays, prolonging sling life. Gun has a low-profile, pistol grip handle that makes for easy target acquisition.
The Explorer 22 comes equipped with the JBL742SA 42" (106.7 cm) Stainless 17-4 spring steel shaft with a 5/16" (8 mm) diameter, and is hand-tuned for alignment then heat-treated for maximum hardness to reduce flex and provide optimum energy transfer. Gun is equipped with a two-piece stainless steel trigger mechanism for easy pulls and a light weight corrosion resistant aluminum handle. The gun's overall length of 47" (119.4 cm) and has a 21' (6.4 meters) range. The Explorer 24 has a shaft with 6mm threads and a JBL847 Twin Barb Rock Point.
Tip is constructed of rugged stainless steel, JBL's fixed Spear points are a perfect blend of durability and performance. Each point is designed for low maintenance, dependability and most important results. 2-5/8" (67mm) wing span this economical multi-purpose point is designed for increased holding power and 3/8" (9.5mm) standard profile opens a large hole for easy passage of barbs through the fish, one shot is all you will ever need with this tip. Wing retainer allows for easy removal of fish. Point is for medium to small fish. A short-tapered, machine cut point provides enough muscle to withstand rock hits and still punch through skin and bone of even the toughest fish. The Gun is equipped with the JBL515 Shock Line. Sometimes we miss or we shoot a large fish and the recoil can pull the gun out of your grip, whichever the shock line will keep you in control. The Explorer 24 is negatively buoyant and in proudly made in the USA.
- Big Performance, Leaving a Little Green in Your Wallet
- Two-Piece Stainless Steel Trigger Mechanism for Easy Pulls
- Light Weight Corrosion Resistant Aluminum Handle
- Barrel: 1 (25mm) 6063 Aerospace Grade Aluminum
- High-Strength Stainless Shaft and Trigger
- Hardened 17-4 Spring Stainless Steel Shafts:
42 x 5/16 (106.7 cm x 8 mm) Shaft
Hand-Tuned for Alignment then Heat-Treated for Maximum Hardness
Reduce-Flex and Provide Optimum Energy Transfer
6mm Threaded End
Unique Latex Formula
302 Stainless Steel Wishbone
Special Anti-Oxidants Protect from UV
Durable Long Life Design
Two Nitro 9/16 x 24 (7.11mm x 610 mm) Slings
- JBL847 Twin Barb Rock Point:
303 Stainless Steel
2-5/8 (67mm) Wingspan
For Small to Medium Fish
Maintains Excellent Cutting Edge for Penetration Power
3/8 (9.5mm) Profile Opens Larger Hole for Easy Passage of Barbs Thru-Fish
Use: Open Water, Reefs and Rocks
- JBL515 Shock Line
- Gun Overall Length: 47 (119.4 cm)
- Reach: 21' (6.4 meters)
- Floatation: Negatively Buoyant
- Proudly Made in the USA
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Total Length||47 (119.4 cm)|
|Shaft Length||42 (106.7 cm)|
|Sling Length||24 (610 mm)|
|Shaft Diameter||5/16 (8 mm)|
|Sling Diameter||9/16 (14.3mm)|
|Number of Slings||Two|
|Spear Point||JBL847 Twin Barb Rock Point|
|Range||Reach: 21' (6.4 meters)|
|Materials||Barrel and Handle: Anodized Aluminum, Shaft & Trigger Mechanism: 17-4 Spring Steel, Sling: Latex & 302 Stainless Steel|