You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewSlip tips add versatility to a pole spear. A slip tip allows the use of a pole spear with larger fish and those that will put up a bit of a fight without the worry of damaging your pole spear. A slip tip is attached to a cable that once you have penetrated the fish with the spear the tip like a spear guns break-away tip is tethered on a cable and breaks free from the poles shaft, allowing the cable to absorb the energy of the thrashing fish and not the pole.
Slip Tips do wear out and eventually get dull. You need not replace the entire mechanism when this occurs you need only to replace the tip. JBL's 3" (76mm) Slip Tip Point is for the JBL890 Complete 14" (356mm) Slip Tip. The Rock Tip Point is made from hardened 17-4 stainless. The tips rear fixed barbs cause the point to turn sideways after entering the fish so it will hang on no matter how hard the fight while minimizing damage to your pole spear shaft. The low-profile design allows for pinpoint accuracy and dependable deployment. Don't trust a once in a lifetime fish to anything else. Great save-a-dive-kit item.
- Detachable Spear Point Protect Shaft from Damage by Motion of Large Fish
- Rear Fixed Barb: Causes Point to Turn Sideways for Secure Hold on Fish
- Rock Tip Point and Point Shaft: Hardened 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Durable and Corrosion Resistant
- Overall Length: 14 (35.6 cm)
- Tip Dimensions: 3 (76mm) Long x 5/16 (8 mm) Diameter
- 1/8 Braid 700 lbs. (317.5 kg) Test Spectra Cord Protects Pole Spear Shaft
- Low-Profile, Barbed Design: Allows Pinpoint Accuracy and Dependable Deployment
- Available in 6mm and 7mm Threaded Ends
- Designed for Large Fish
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Material||17-4 Hardened Stainless Steel|
|Point Type||Break-Away Rock Point Slip Tip|
|Compatibility||JBL890 Slip Tip Point Assembly|