You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ikelite U/W TTL Housing for Canon EOS M50 & Kiss M Cameras
Product OverviewA professional grade, compact waterproof housing for Canon EOS M50 & EOS Kiss M mirrorless digital cameras. This system is perfect for any application in or around the water from scuba to surf to pool. The Canon EOS M50 is a great mid-range compact mirrorless camera. A TTL flash hot shoe, 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor, & 4K video capture make it a good choice for underwater use. This housing requires the addition of a compatible DLM Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens port & camera not included.
True TTL Exposure:Proper strobe exposure is the #1 most important contributor to sharp & colorful underwater photos, particularly below 30' (10 meters). This is the only housing to include an integrated TTL circuit fine-tuned to the Canon EOS M50 flash exposure protocol for the fastest & most accurate exposure possible. TTL communication by electrical sync cord improves camera battery life & recycle time, meaning you get many times more strobe-lit shots when you need them. The TTL circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance & no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. Only Ikelite DS strobes can power the TTL circuitry. Non-Ikelite strobes featuring an electrical bulkhead may be attached by sync cord but must be used in manual exposure modes only. A strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
Constant-On Lighting: A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist & for improved colors when shooting video. Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach no more than 3-4' (1 meter) away. There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any camera system.
Extensive Lens Support:High quality yet affordable optics are available for an extensive range of micro four-thirds lenses from wide angle fisheye to macro. Ikelite's custom optical grade acrylic domes provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the weight and cost. Glass flat ports are available for macro lenses. The DLM port system is designed to be tough enough for heavy surf and to provide reliability in remote locations. The lens port attaches without twisting, threading, or complex mechanisms. A compatible lens port is required for waterproof use.
Controls and Ergonomics:A trigger-type shutter lever control is designed for optimal sensitivity and a natural motion when shooting underwater. The standard control hugs the side of the housing for comfortable use when hand holding. The lever can be easily extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable reach when using a handle grip. Soft-touch knobs are easy to grip with or without gloves on and provide quick access to important controls including front and rear dials and the mode control. Hard anodized aluminum push buttons are extremely lightweight and resistant to salt build-up and corrosion. The back of the housing features laser engraved control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
Camera Installation:The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
Viewfinders:The included Supereye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. Get the brightest and sharpest view of the camera's OLED EVF by adding an optional Magnified Viewfinder. The Supereye removes quickly and easily for the attachment of a Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1. The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable through the back of the housing and can be tilted prior to installation in the housing for a better view underwater.
Accessory Mounting:Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle grips. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. If you're shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.07 or Aluminum Top Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminum version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
Sealing and Vacuum Testing:There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and O-ring seal through the back of the housing. Ikelite's signature open-groove design suspends the rear O-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the O-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the O-ring form a solid, waterproof seal. A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A hand pump with gauge allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to simulate water pressure and check for leaks prior to entering the water. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200' (60 meters) before it leaves Ikelite's facility in Indianapolis.
Durability and Corrosion Free Performance:A custom ABS-Polycarbonate blend housing provides strength and performance year after year with minimal maintenance. The ABS-PC material is fundamentally corrosion-proof and considerably lighter than aluminum. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and O-ring seal.
Made in USA:Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Their housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
The housing measures 7.5 x 5.8 x 5.4" (191 x 147 x 137mm), weighs 2.7 lbs. (1225 g), has slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water and has two 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing. Control is not provided for Wi-Fi Button. Included with the housing are a waterproof bulkhead cap, silicone lubricant and owner's manual.
- Professional Grade, CompactWaterproof Housing
- Full Featured and Durable Waterproof Housing
- Suitable for Scuba, Snorkel, Surf, Pool, Any Application In-or-Around the Water
- PowerfulCompact Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Customizable Controls
- TTL Flash Hot Shoe, 24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, & 4K Video Capture
- Great Mid-Range Compact Mirrorless Camera
- Note:Camera and Port Not Included
- True TTL Exposure w/Ikelite DS Strobes
- Integrated TTL Circuit:
Fine-Tuned to Canon EOS M50 Flash Exposure Protocol
Most Accurate Exposure Possible
Circuit Powered by Strobe for Zero Maintenance & No Batteries to Change
Exposure Compensation in TTL Mode is Supported Using Camera's Built-In Control
- Constant-On Lights Provide Added Versatility
- Controls and Ergonomics:
Trigger-Type Shutter Lever Control Designed for Optimal Sensitivity & Natural Motion
Standard Control Hugs Side-of-Housing for Comfortable Use when Hand Holding
Soft-Touch Knobs Easy to Grip With-or-Without Gloves
Quick Access to Important Controls
Front & Rear Dials & Mode Control
Push Buttons Rede
- Front-Loading Camera Mounting System Makes Installation and Removal a Breeze
- Mounting Plate Allows Ready Access to Battery & Memory Card
- Standard 1/4-20 Mounting Point for Attachment to Tripod Topside
- Supereye Viewfinder Enhanced View of Camera's Optical Viewfinder
- Two 1/4-20 Threaded Mounting Points On-Bottom of Housing for Attachment of Tray & Handles
- 1/2-20 Threaded Accessory Port, Perfect for Optional Vacuum Valve to Check Water Tightness
- Durability and Corrosion Free Performance
- ABS-Polycarbonate Blend Provides Strength and Corrosion Free Performance
- Specially Formulated Color Deflects Sun, Keeps Camera Running Cooler, Longer
- Body Color: Superior Contrast for Enhanced View of Camera, LCD Screen, & O-Ring Seal
- Unique Rear Seal Design Prevents Accidental Twisting or Stretching of O-Ring
- No O-Ring Groove or Channel to Trap Sand, Dirt, or Debris
- Two Double-Passivated Stainless-Steel Locking Lid Snaps
- Designed, Built and Tested in the USA
- Locally Sourced, Top-Grade Materials
- Built by Hand and Individually Tested for Fit and Function
- Depth Rating: 200' (60 meters)
- Over 50 Years of Experience & Best Reputation for Service within Dive Industry
- Slightly Negatively Buoyancy in Fresh Water:
Actual Buoyancy Varies Depending on Choice of Lens & Port
- Two 1/4-20 Thread Tray Mounting w/3 (76mm) Spacing
- All Camera Functions Except: Wi-Fi Button
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 5.8 x 5.4 (191 x 147 x 137mm)
- Weight: 2.7 lbs. (1225 g)
O-Ring Lubricant, Waterproof Bulkhead Cap
- Instruction Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Construction||ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware, Acrylic, and Acetyl|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Dimensions||7.5 x 5.8 x 5.4 (191 x 147 x 137mm)|
|Weight||2.7 lbs. (1225 g)|
|Controls||All Camera Functions Except: Wi-Fi Button|
|Buoyancy||Slightly Negatively Buoyancy in Fresh Water:
Actual Buoyancy Varies Depending on Choice of Lens & Port
|Port||Requires DLM Lens Port (not included)|
|ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware, Acrylic, and Acetyl|
|200' (60 meters)|
|7.5 x 5.8 x 5.4 (191 x 147 x 137mm)|
|2.7 lbs. (1225 g)|
|All Camera Functions Except: Wi-Fi Button|
|Slightly Negatively Buoyancy in Fresh Water:
Actual Buoyancy Varies Depending on Choice of Lens & Port
|Requires DLM Lens Port (not included)|