You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ikelite U/W Housing for Panasonic Lumix TS5, TS6, FT5 & FT6
Product OverviewA compact, lightweight underwater housing for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5, DMC-TS6, DMC-FT5, and DMC-FT6 cameras that provides access to all camera functions up to200' (60 meters). Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water. The Panasonic Lumix TS- (FT-) series cameras are great for dive travel thanks to their ultra-rugged build that's waterproof to 43' (13 meters) and shockproof to 6.6' (2 meters). A 16MP sensor and Full HD video at 60p mean plenty of resolution for shooting stills and video on the same dive (camera not included).
Function and Ergonomics:This housing is designed and built in the USA by experienced divers who are committed to providing top quality and value. A drop-in, front-loading camera mounting system makes set-up and break down a breeze. Large, easy-to-reach controls are provided for all camera functions. An ergonomic side-mounted shutter lever is comfortable and reduces fatigue. The camera's full 28-128mm equivalent zoom range is usable in the housing without vignetting. The nature of this camera's lens prevents the effective use of external wide-angle lenses.
Accessory Mounting:Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the rotation-free attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. Mounting lights on a side arm rather than directly over the camera's lens helps to reduce the appearance of backscatter which looks like snow in your underwater images. Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach no more than 3-4' (1 meters) away. There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
Color Correcting Filters:Enhanced color correction and clarity can be achieved by adding a color filter or external light. The lens port of the housing accepts Ikelite's 2.2" (55.9mm) diameter short color filters, which are available in two formulas: Tropical Blue Water # 6441.31 and Green Water # 6441.71. A color filter reduces the amount of light that reaches the camera's sensor, so they are most effective in sunny conditions up to about 45' (15 meters). The maximum effectiveness is 80' (24 meters) in ideal conditions of full sun and visibility of 100'+ (30+ meters).
Flash and Constant-On Lights:A flash or constant on light is necessary for close-up, night dives, and deep depths. An external light also brings out more colors in sunny conditions. External lights are typically not used in conjunction with color filters, as the combination will result in tones that are too red or too purple. The location of the camera's flash in relation to the lens makes it unusable for lighting your subject underwater. However, the camera's flash may be used to trigger an external strobe. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optically triggered underwater strobes. Alternatively, a bright constant-on video light can be used. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video.
Durability and Corrosion Free Performance:Ikelite ABS-Polycarbonate blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year after year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. They use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200' (60 meters). Ikelite back their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Compatibility:Differences in lens and control placement prevent cameras other than the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS6, DMC-TS5, DMC-FT6, or DMC-FT5 from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other camera models which may be used in or adapted to this housing.
The housing measures 5.9 x 4.6 x 3" (150 x 117 x 76mm), weighs 14.4 oz (408 g), is nearly neutrally buoyancy in fresh water and has a 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing. Included with the housing are a port cover, silicone lubricant, lanyard and owner's manual.
- Full Featured and Durable Underwater Housing
- Suitable for Scuba, Snorkel, Surf, Pool, Any Application In-or-Around the Water
- Camera Great for Dive TravelUltra-Rugged Waterproof to 43' (13 meters)
- Shockproof to 6.6' (2 meters)
- 16MP Sensor and Full HD Video at 60p
- Plenty of Resolution for Shooting Stills and Video
- Note: Camera Not Included
- Function and Ergonomics:Large, Easy-to-Reach Controls
All Camera Functions
Ergonomic Side-Mounted Shutter Lever, Comfortable and Reduces Fatigue
Full 28-128mm Equivalent Zoom Range Usable in Housing w/o Vignetting
- Drop-In Front-Loading Camera Mounting System Makes Installation and Removal a Breeze
- Standard 1/4-20 Mounting Point for Attachment to Tripod Topside
- Wide Angleand Macro Close-Up Compatible
- Accepts Ikelite's2.2 (55.9mm) Diameter Short Color Filters
- Two 1/4-20 Threaded Mounting Points for Tripod or Tray
- External Flash and Constant-On Lights Compatible
- Durability and Corrosion Free Performance
- ABS-Polycarbonate Blend Provides Strength and Corrosion Free Performance
- Specially Formulated Color Deflects Sun, Keeps Camera Running Cooler, Longer
- Body Color: Superior Contrast for Enhanced View of Camera, LCD Screen
- Designed, Built and Tested in the USA
- Locally Sourced, Top-Grade Materials
- Built by Hand and Individually Tested for Fit and Function
- Depth Rating: 200' (60 meters)
- Over 50 Years of Experience & Best Reputation for Service within Dive Industry
- Nearly Neutrally Buoyancy in Fresh Water
- 1/4-20 Thread Tray Mounting w/3 (76mm) Spacing
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.6 x 3 (150 x 117 x 76mm)
- Weight: 14.4 oz (408 g)
- Includes: O-Ring Lubricant, Lanyard, Port Cover
- Instruction Manual
Best Price Guarantee
Terms & Conditions
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Construction||ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Dimensions||5.9 x 4.6 x 3 (150 x 117 x 76mm)|
|Weight||14.4 oz (408 g)|
|Controls||All Important Camera Functions Except Rear Control Dial|
|Buoyancy||Slightly Positive in Fresh Water|
|Port||2.2 (55.9mm) Diameter|
|ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware|
|200' (60 meters)|
|5.9 x 4.6 x 3 (150 x 117 x 76mm)|
|14.4 oz (408 g)|
|All Important Camera Functions Except Rear Control Dial|
|Slightly Positive in Fresh Water|
|2.2 (55.9mm) Diameter|