You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ikelite U/W Housing for Canon PowerShot SX730 HS Camera
Product OverviewA full featured and durable underwater housing for Canon PowerShot SX730 HS and SX740 HS cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water. The PowerShot SX730 HS is a favorite camera for travel because of its compact size and extended, optically stabilized 40x zoom lens. A large 20.3MP BSI-CMOS sensor and 1080/60p video capture mean plenty of resolution for sharp images suitable for framing. The newer PowerShot SX740 HS improves on these specifications with 4K/30p video capture (cameras not included).
This compact and lightweight housing allows you to operate either camera up to depths of 200' (60 meters). It is designed and built in the USA by experienced divers with a commitment to providing top quality and value. Large, easy-to-reach controls are provided for all camera functions except the flash open lever. If using an external underwater strobe, simply open the flash prior to installation of the camera in the housing. Rear controls are marked with easy-to-see laser engraved symbols which never fade or fall off. The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
Zoom and Macro Close-Up:
The optional WD-4 Wide Angle Dome provides a wider angle of view underwater without the edge distortion, heaviness, or difficult attachment typically associated with an external wide-angle lens. The WD-4 is a 0.75x magnification factor and simply slides on and off the housing's lens port. A press-fit Macro Adapter is available for the attachment of 67mm threaded accessory macro lenses. Ikelite recommend a macro lens which is designed for underwater use like those from Epoque, INON, Subsee, Nauticam, and other manufacturers. The adapter should not be used with 67mm threaded wide angle lenses. The wide-angle lens would be too far away from the camera's lens to provide an improved image (lenses not included).
Color Correction and External Lighting:
Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach no more than 3-4' (1 meter) away. Additional color correction and clarity can be obtained by adding a color filter or external light. The lens port of the housing accepts our 3.9" (99 mm) diameter color filters, which are available for both tropical blue water and green water settings. A color filter reduces the amount of light that reaches the camera's sensor, so they are most effective in sunny conditions up to approximately 80' (24 meters). A flash or constant on light is necessary for close-up, night dives, and deep depths. An external light also brings out more colors in sunny conditions. External lights are typically not used in conjunction with color filters, as the combination will result in tones that are too red or too purple. The location of the camera's flash in relation to the lens makes it unusable for lighting your subject underwater. However, the camera's flash may be used to trigger an external strobe. Two ports are provided for the connection of up to two fiber optically triggered underwater strobes. Alternatively, a bright constant-on video light can be used. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video (filters and external lights not included). Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
The optional Vacuum Kit # 47012 may be installed in place of the spare accessory port on the side of the housing. A vacuum system allows you to pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Combined with a full view of the camera and O-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe.
Ikelite's new white ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun. This material is 1/3 of the specific gravity of aluminum, making the housing much lighter and fundamentally corrosion free. The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the O-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an O-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless-steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the O-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes. Ikelite is proud to offer the only housing and lighting system for the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III that is 100% designed, built, and tested in the USA. Their housings are handmade and individually inspected for fit, function and waterproof integrity. The average assembly technician is a certified scuba diver and has over 16 years of experience building Ikelite products. Ikelite back their products with over 50 years of experience and the most accessible and responsive customer service staff in the dive industry. Housing is near neutral buoyant in fresh water, measures 6.5 x 6.8 x 5" (165 x 173 x 127mm) and weighs 2.7 lbs. (1225 g). Included with the housing are a port cover, O-ring lubricant and owner's manual. Note:The zoom range of this camera is limited while inside of the housing in order to provide the best underwater imaging possible. The camera cannot be zoomed beyond 220mm equivalent inside of the housing.
- Full Featured and Durable Underwater Housing
- Suitable for Scuba, Snorkel, Surf, Pool, Any Application In-or-Around the Water
- Great Choices for Underwater Use
- Packs Advanced Features & High Resolution into Compact Camera Body
- PowerShot SX730 HS: Camera for Travel, Compact Size, Optically Stabilized 40x Zoom Lens
- Large 20.3MP BSI-CMOS Sensor and 1080/60p Video Capture
- Plenty of Resolution for Sharp Images Suitable for Framing
- Newer PowerShot SX740 HS Improves on These Specifications
- Note: Camera Not Included
- Ergonomics and Handling:
All Ikelite's Latest Features and Improvements
Large, Easy-to-Reach Controls
All Important Camera Functions Except Open Flash Lever
Soft-Touch Knobs, Easy to Grip With-or-Without Gloves
Provide Quick Access to Important Controls
Rear Controls Marked w/Easy-to-See Laser Engraved Symbols, Never Fade o
- For Flash Push Flash Open Lever Prior to Installing Camera in Housing
- Front-Loading Camera Mounting System Makes Installation and Removal a Breeze
- Mounting Plate Allows Ready Access to Battery & Memory Card
- Standard 1/4-20 Mounting Point for Attachment to Tripod Topside
- Zoom, Wide Angle and Macro Close-Up Compatible
- 3 (76mm) Diameter Ports Feature 67mm Thread
- Two 1/4-20 Threaded Mounting Points
- External Lights & Filter Compatible
- 1/2-20 Threaded Accessory Port, Perfect for Optional Vacuum Valve to Check Water Tightness
- Durability and Corrosion Free Performance
- ABS-Polycarbonate Blend Provides Strength and Corrosion Free Performance
- Specially Formulated Color Deflects Sun, Keeps Camera Running Cooler, Longer
- Body Color: Superior Contrast for Enhanced View of Camera, LCD Screen, & O-Ring Seal
- Unique Rear Seal Design Prevents Accidental Twisting or Stretching of O-Ring
- No O-Ring Groove or Channel to Trap Sand, Dirt, or Debris
- Two Double-Passivated Stainless-Steel Locking Lid Snaps
- Clear Back Allows-You-to-See O-Ring Form Solid, Watertight Seal when Closed
- Designed, Built and Tested in the USA
- Locally Sourced, Top-Grade Materials
- Built by Hand and Individually Tested for Fit and Function
- Depth Rating: 200' (60 meters)
- Over 50 Years of Experience & Best Reputation for Service within Dive Industry
- Near Neutral Buoyancy in Fresh Water
- 1/4-20 Thread Tray Mounting w/3 (76mm) Spacing
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 6.8 x 5 (165 x 173 x 127mm)
- Weight: 2.7 lbs. (1225 g)
- Includes: O-Ring Lubricant, Port Cover
- Instruction Manual
- Note:Zoom Range of Camera Limited while Inside Housing
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Construction||ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Dimensions||6.5 x 6.8 x 5 (165 x 173 x 127mm)|
|Weight||2.7 lbs. (1225 g)|
|Controls||All Important Camera Functions Except Open Flash Lever|
|Buoyancy||Near Neutral in Fresh Water|
|Port||3 (76mm) Diameter w/67mm Thread|
|ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware|
|200' (60 meters)|
|6.5 x 6.8 x 5 (165 x 173 x 127mm)|
|2.7 lbs. (1225 g)|
|All Important Camera Functions Except Open Flash Lever|
|Near Neutral in Fresh Water|
|3 (76mm) Diameter w/67mm Thread|