You have no items in your shopping cart.
Ikelite 200DLM U/W Housing w/TTL Circuit, Sony Alpha a6500
Product OverviewA full featured and durable waterproof housing for Sony Alpha a6500 mirrorless cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water. Note:This housing requires the addition of a compatible DLM Lens Port for waterproof operation (lens port and camera not included).
Superb Handling:The a6500 feels great in your hand with a simple and ergonomic control set. Ikelite extend this underwater, providing larger controls and push buttons which are easy to access even with thick gloves. Whenever possible, controls are in the same configuration as on the camera to replicate the muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with your camera on the surface. Control symbols laser engraved into the back of the housing will never peel off or fade even with years of use. The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing. The front-loading camera mounting system makes installation and removal a breeze. The camera mounting plate allows ready access to the battery and memory card and features a standard 1/4-20 mounting point for attachment to a tripod topside.
True TTL Exposure:Light is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach no more than 3-4' (1 meter) away. An integrated TTL circuit is fine-tuned to the Sony Alpha a6500 flash exposure protocol for the most accurate exposure possible. The circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance and no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. Currently, only Ikelite DS strobes can power the circuitry. SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life but must be used in manual exposure modes only. This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. The bulkhead connection has been moved to the top of the housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on the cord ends. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, or Nikonos strobes for ultimate versatility.
The camera's built-in flash is suitable for firing an external strobe, but not for lighting a photo underwater. Two fiber optic ports are built into the front of the housing provide an attachment point for fiber optic cords from most major manufacturers. Use of a fiber optic connector requires the camera's built-in flash to fire, reducing battery life and bypassing the TTL functionality of the housing. A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
Lens Support You Want:It couldn't be simpler to change ports than the DLM port system just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location. This housing accepts a variety of ports to accommodate all the most popular zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses. Ikelite's custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost (lens port sold separately).
Durability and Corrosion Free Performance:Ikelite's brand new ABS-Polycarbonate blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and O-ring seal. The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the O-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an O-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless-steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the O-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes. Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. They use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200' (60 meters). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Compatibility:The Sony a6000-series cameras are very similar in size and configuration. Unfortunately, differences in lens placement prevent the cameras from being used interchangeably in the same housing. This housing only accommodates the a6500 camera.
The housing measures 6.3 x 7.5 x 5.2" (160 x 191 x 132mm), weighs 3.1 lbs. (1430 g), is slightly negatively buoyancy in fresh water (actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port) and has a 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3" (76mm) spacing. Included with the housing are a waterproof bulkhead cap, silicone lubricant and owner's manual.
- Full Featured and Durable Waterproof Housing
- Suitable for Scuba, Snorkel, Surf, Pool, Any Application In-or-Around the Water
- Camera's Large, Super-Bright LCD Screen Viewable Edge-to-Edge Thru-Back-of-Housing
Housing Requires Addition of Compatible DLM Lens Port for Waterproof Operation
Lens Port and Camera Not Included
- Front-Loading Camera Mounting System Makes Installation and Removal a Breeze
- Mounting Plate Allows Ready Access to Battery & Memory Card
- Standard 1/4-20 Mounting Point for Attachment to Tripod Topside
- True TTL Exposure w/Ikelite DS Strobes
- Integrated TTL Circuit:
Fine-Tuned to Sony Alpha a6500 Flash Exposure Protocol
Most Accurate Exposure Possible
Circuit Powered by Strobe for Zero Maintenance & No Batteries to Change
Exposure Compensation in TTL Mode is Supported Using Camera's Built-In Control
- Camera's Built-In Flash Suitable for Firing External Strobe
- 2-Fiber Optic Ports: Built into Front of Housing Provide Attachment Point for Fiber Optic Cords
- Constant-On Video Light Compatible
- Two 1/4-20 Threaded Mounting Points for Tripod or Tray
- Lens Support You Want:
Housing Accepts Variety of Ports
Accommodate Most Popular Zoom, Macro & Wide-Angle Lenses
- Note:Lens & Ports Sold Separately
- Durability and Corrosion Free Performance
- ABS-Polycarbonate Blend Provides Strength and Corrosion Free Performance
- Specially Formulated Color Deflects Sun, Keeps Camera Running Cooler, Longer
- Body Color: Superior Contrast for Enhanced View of Camera, LCD Screen, & O-Ring Seal
- Unique Rear Seal Design Prevents Accidental Twisting or Stretching of O-Ring
- No O-Ring Groove or Channel to Trap Sand, Dirt, or Debris
- Two Double-Passivated Stainless-Steel Locking Lid Snaps
- Clear Back Allows-You-to-See O-Ring Form Solid, Watertight Seal when Closed
- Designed, Built and Tested in the USA
- Locally Sourced, Top-Grade Materials
- Built by Hand and Individually Tested for Fit and Function
- Depth Rating: 200' (60 meters)
- Over 50 Years of Experience & Best Reputation for Service within Dive Industry
- Slightly Negatively Buoyancy in Fresh Water:
Actual Buoyancy Varies Depending on Choice of Lens & Port
- Two 1/4-20 Thread Tray Mounting w/3 (76mm) Spacing
- Dimensions: 6.3 x 7.5 x 5.2 (160 x 191 x 132mm)
- Weight: 3.1 lbs. (1430 g)
- Includes: O-Ring Lubricant, Waterproof Bulkhead Cap
- Instruction Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Construction||ABS-Polycarbonate Blend w/Stainless Steel Hardware, Acrylic, and Acetyl|
|Depth Rating||200' (60 meters)|
|Dimensions||6.3 x 7.5 x 5.2 (160 x 191 x 132mm)|
|Weight||3.1 lbs. (1430 g)|
|Controls||All Camera Functions|
|Buoyancy||Slightly Negatively Buoyancy in Fresh Water:
Actual Buoyancy Varies Depending on Choice of Lens & Port
|Port||Requires DLM Lens Port (not included)|