You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hollis Katana 2 SMS System
Product OverviewYour Dive. With A Side of Air
The Katana 2 harness sets a new standard in sidemount diving. Designed in collaboration with Edd Sorenson from Cave Adventurers, Hollis developed a unique new Quick Fit System which allows users to easily tailor the one-size-fits-all harness to their specific size or adjustment preference in a matter of minutes. Hollis added more lift, more weight capacity, single and dual bladder options and the best quality materials Hollis has always been known for. Katana 2 is also the first sidemount harness in the world to be designed with closed circuit sidemount capability, with integrated mounts for the popular KISS sidewinder. Katana 2 breaks away from traditional designs and offers more customization and versatility.
Quote: Depending on location, everyone's a little bit different about how they like to set their harness up. But at the end of the day, the coolest thing about the Katana 2 is that you can run it however you want. Technical divers love to modify and tweak depending how they've been diving in the past, or how they were taught or how they teach their students The key benefit of the Katana 2 is that those people can make all of the adjustments and decisions for themselves. -Hollis Brand Manager Nick Hollis
QFS Quick Fit System offers fine tuning of the torso height between small and large divers for a true one size fits all. Design allows for an H" or Y" style harness configuration, depending on user preference Lift capacity is 40 lbs. (18.14 kg) with innovative wing design to keep diver profile even lower than the competition and without the turtle shell effect which causes drag. Standard weight capacity 20 lbs. (9.1 kg), to offset added buoyancy in cold water with dry suits and thick undergarments. Two optional 5 lbs. (2.26 kg) weight trim pockets available.
Easy to reach attachment points for accessories on the side of the wing. Innovative top dump allows venting of gas without breaking trim or reaching behind the wing like in other designs. Integrated sidemount CCR mount. Single bladder option ideal for recreational sidemount with two cylinders or in a dry suit for redundancy. Add on the SMS Regulator kit preconfigured with all the necessary DCX 1st and 200LX 2ndstages, LP and HP hoses, two brass SPG's and regulator necklace (not included) see SKU: PCKDSMSRP2.
Reversible Inflator & Dump assembly. Primary bungees integrated into to wing to pull tanks upward away from diver's torso and integrated retainers located to avoid overhead interference. Harness comes with multiple shoulder, waist and crotch strap stainless steel D-rings for rigging and accessory attachment. The harness is made from durable webbing and has a stainless-steel latch-style: waist strap buckle. The Katana 2 has a 1000-Denier Cordura nylon with a polyurethane lamination outer shell and a 15mm urethane radio frequency (RF) welded seam internal bladder. Hollis Gear Power Inflator Mechanism is made from durable impact resistant plastic with internal components and inlet quick-disconnect nipple made from chrome plated brass. The inflator comes with a 3/8" threaded quick-disconnect inflator hose for attachment to first stage regulator. The SMS Katana comes with an owner's manual.
- Continues to Lead Side-Mount Revolution
- Latest Innovation in Line of Side-Mount Systems
- Engineered to Perform in Most Extreme Environments
- Designed in Collaboration w/Edd Sorenson from Cave Adventurers
- Sharpened the Katana into Fine Tuned Diving Weapon
- Curved & Slender Like Finest Traditional Japanese Sword
- Builds-On-Proven Katana SMS System Designs, Compacted & Streamlined
- Wing Lift: 40 lbs. (18.14 kg)
- Designed to Reduce Size & Weight for Travel
- 20 lbs. (9.1 kg) Weight Pockets
- Optional 5 lbs. (2.26 kg) Tim Pouches
- H or Y Harness: Design for Adjustability & Reversible Inflator & Dump Assembly
- Primary Bungees: Integrated-Into-Wing, Pulls Tanks Upward Away-from-Diver's Torso
- Integrated Retainers Located to Avoid Overhead Interference
- Multiple Shoulder, Waist & Crotch Strap Stainless Steel D-Rings
- D-Rings: For Rigging & Accessory Attachment
- Outer Shell: 1000-Denier Cordura Nylon w/Polyurethane Lamination
- Harness: Durable Webbing
- Air Cell: Radio Frequency (RF) Welded Seam 15mm Urethane Internal Bladder
- Single Bladder Ideal for Recreational Sidemount w/2-Cylinders or In-Dry Suit for Redundancy
- Stainless Steel Latch-Style: Waist Strap Buckle
- Hollis Gear Power Inflator Mechanism
- Inflator: High Quality Impact Resistant Plastic & Corrosion Resistant Chrome Plated Brass
- 3/8 Threaded Quick-Disconnect Inflator Hose
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|BC Body||Back Inflation Wing|
|Buoyancy Bag||40 lbs. (18.14 kg)|
|Valves||Reversible Inflator & Dump Assembly|
|Stainless Steel Rings||Shoulder, Waist and Crotch Strap|
|Waist Strap||Webbing w/Stainless Steel Latch-Style Buckle|
|Oral Inflator||Hollis Gear Power Inflator Mechanism|
|Materials||Outer Shell: 1000-Denier Cordura Nylon w/Polyurethane Lamination
Air Cell: Radio Frequency (RF) Welded Seam 15mm Urethane
|Weight Capacity||20 lbs. (9.1 kg) Releasable
Optional 5 lbs. (2.26 kg) Trim Weight Pockets Non-Releasable