You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewSurface Marker Buoy's (SMB) are now a requirement for all divers. If you don't dive with a SMB, you need to start now. It makes sense to be safe. Highland by XS Scuba's SMB is a big 10' (3m) tall buoy for superior visibility on the surface day or night. SMB has a wide 22" (56cm) circumference giving it 75 lbs. (19.43 kg) surface lift, so it can double as a great lift bag too! Even with its increased height, circumference and lift it still stows compact in an included 6.5" X 14" (16.5cm x 35.6cm) mesh carry pouch. The pouch comes equipped with grommets for back-plate attachment for added conveniences (mounting hardware not included).
The Highland by XS Scuba's SMB has multiple features for safety and versatility. Three bands of 3M SOLAS" reflective tape, stainless steel D-ring at top for strobe light attachment and an elastic holder for a chemical light stick all to improve surface visibility day or night. inflation of the SMB is made easy with the combination oral and BCD quick-disconnect inflator valve. Air will stay in the SMB with its anti-spill baffled bottom and over-pressurizing is never a problem with the built-in overpressure relief valve (OPV) with manual dump cord. If you find a treasure underwater that you need help getting to the surface, the 20" (50.8 cm) long lift harness with stainless-steel D-ring with give you the edge. SMB is manufactured with durable urethane coated nylon and is available in an orange color.
- Large Enough to Greatly Enhance Diver Visibility
- Stows Compact Enough to Carry Easily On-Every-Dive
- 75 lbs. (19.43 kg) of Surface Lift
- Baffled Bottom for Anti-Spill Inflation
- Combination Oral and BC QD Inflator
- Overpressure Relief Valve (OPV)
- 3 Bands of 3M SOLAS Reflective Tape for Improved Surface Visibility
- Stainless Steel D-Ring at Top for Strobe Light Attachment
- 20 (50.8cm) Long Lift Harness w/Stainless Steel D-Ring
- Elastic Chemical Light Stick Holder at Top
- Includes 6.5 x 14 (16.5cm x 35.6cm) Mesh Carry Pouch
- Pouch Equipped w/Grommets for Back-Plate Attachment
- Back-Plate Mounting Hardware Not Included
- Durable Urethane Coated Nylon Construction
- Color: Orange
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Safety Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)|
|Materials||SMB: Urethane Coated Nylon
Grommet: Stainless Steel
Carry Bag: Mesh
Clip: Plastic & Steel
|Dimensions||(L x Circumference) 6' x 9 ((1.83m x 22.9cm)|
|Storage Bag||Yes, Mesh|
|Inflation (Valve)||Combination Oral & BC QD Inflator|
|Light Attachment Point||Yes: D-Ring For Strobe, Elastic For Chemical Light Stick|
|Over Pressure Relief Valve||Yes|
|Manual Dump Valve||Yes: Combo w/OPV|
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
While diving, anything can happen- current changes, storms, waves, etc. At night its even worse! On Feb. 26, 2015 while in Cozumel, an unusual cold front brought in all of the above. March can be unpredictable in Cozumel. We went down with good weather only to surface with 5-6 waves and the boat no where to be found! PADIs new rules for divers to carry a SMB hadnt made it to any of the 7 other divers in our boat except our DM. And his was a small sausage. What started out to be the brunt of compensation jokes, soon proved to be a game changer. The waves and strong current were separating 4 other divers from us. We needed a boat fast! I was glad I bought Highlands 10 SMB. With minimal air from my safe second, the SMB was towering above the peaks and valleys of the sea enabling a boat to locate and pick us up. Everyone was asking where I got it! The nice thing about it is, it doubles as a 75 lb. lift bag. I wouldnt go as far and recommend it as a floatation device but if my BC ruptured or was punctured, Id feel my chances were improved with it. The nylon bag that comes with it is HD. The stainless steel grommets made mounting it to my Zeagle 911 BC simple. My only suggestion would be to sew tabs on to the velcro opening. Its almost impossible to open the bag with gloves on. Tabs would eliminate this. Ken Cottrell, Chicago