You have no items in your shopping cart.
Garmin GPSMAP 66i GPS Handheld and Satellite Communicator
Product OverviewMore Adventure. Less Worry.
Precise navigation meets global communication in the rugged GPSMAP 66i button-operated GPS handheld and satellite communicator1 featuring Garmin TopoActive mapping and inReach technology.
Know the way
Access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS and GLONASS) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
Navigate every trail with ABC sensors, including an altimeter for elevation data, barometer to monitor weather and 3-axis electronic compass.
Birdseye Satellite Imagery
Download high-resolution, photo-realistic maps directly to your device without an annual subscription. Easily find trails, pick stand locations, find parking, create waypoints and more.
Preloaded Topo Maps
Preloaded TopoActive U.S. and Canada maps show you terrain contours, topographic elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and geographical points.
This preloaded app lets you easily download hiking, cycling and other Wikiloc trails shared by outdoor enthusiasts like you. Get a free 60-day Wikiloc Premium trial to try this and other exclusive features.
Stay in touch by using inReach technology
Two-Way Messaging. Exchange text messages with loved ones, post to social media, or communicate from inReach to inReach in the field (satellite subscription required).
Interactive SOS Alerts
In case of emergency, trigger an interactive SOS message to GEOS, the Garmin-powered International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) with professional 24/7 global monitoring and response center (satellite subscription required).
Track your location, and share it with those at home or out in the field. They'll be able to see your progress or ping your device for your GPS location and more (satellite subscription required).
100% Global Iridium Satellite Network
Instead of relying on cellphone coverage, now your messages, SOS alerts and tracking are transferred via the global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required).
Optional Inreach Weather
Use inReach connectivity to get detailed weather updates on GPSMAP 66i or a compatible device paired with the Garmin Explore app. Request weather forecasts for your current location, waypoints or destinations on your route.
When paired with your compatible smartphone, you can get real-time forecast information and live weather radar, so you're always aware of the surrounding conditions.
Be adventure ready
Built For Adventure
This handheld is built to military standards for thermal, shock and water performance (MIL-STD-810), and it's even compatible with night vision goggles.
The GPSMAP 66 series helps you keep gear to a minimum with a built-in LED flashlight that can be used as a beacon to signal for help.
Garmin Explore App
Plan, review and sync waypoints, routes and tracks by using the Garmin Explore mobile app and website. You can even review completed activities while still in the field.
Turn on Expedition mode, and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
- No matter where you are, two-way messaging lets you connect to the ones who matter
- Let loved ones know precisely where you're roaming with location tracking and sharing
- Get maps as pretty as a picture and just as detailed -without a subscription
- Know the terrain before you're in it, with preloaded TopoActive maps of the U.S. and Canada
- Stay out there longer with up to 35 hours of battery life in tracking mode and up to 200 hours in Expedition mode
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Send & Receive Text Messages||Yes (To SMS, Email And To Other Inreach Device)|
|Exchange Locations||Yes (With Other Inreach Device)|
|Mapshare Compatible With Tracking||Yes|
|Virtual Keyboard For Custom Messaging||Yes|
|Send Waypoints To Mapshare||Yes (During Trip)|
|Send Route Selection To Mapshare||Yes (During Trip)|
|inReach Remote Compatible||Yes|
|Wireless Connectivity||Yes (Wi-Fi, BLUETOOTH, ANT+)|
|Connect IQ||Yes (Downloadable Watch Faces, Data Fields, Widgets and Apps)|
|Smart Notifications On Handheld||Yes|
|Pairs With Garmin Connect Mobile||Yes|
|Pairs With Garmin Connect Mobile||Yes|
|Display Resolution||240 x 400 pixels|
|Display Type||Transflective color TFT|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable, internal lithium-ion|
|Battery Life||Up to 35 hours at 10-minute tracking
Up to 200 hours at 30-minute tracking (power save mode)
|MIL-STD-810||Yes (thermal, shock, water, vibe)|
|Interface||High speed micro USB and NMEA 0183 compatible|
|Memory/History||16 GB (user space varies based on included mapping)|
|Display Size||W x H: 1.5 x 2.5 (3.8 x 6.3cm)
Diagonal: 3 (7.6cm)
|Dimensions||2.5 x 6.4 x 1.4 (6.2 x 16.3 x 3.5cm)|
|Weight||8.1 oz (230g) with batteries|
|Preloaded Maps||Yes (TopoActive, routable)|
|Ability To Add Maps||Yes|
|Automatic Routing||For Outdoor Activities: Yes (Turn by Turn Routing on Roads)|
|Birdseye||Yes (direct to device)|
|Detailed Hydrographic Features||Yes (Coastlines, Lake/River Shorelines, Wetlands And Perennial And Seasonal Streams)|
|Searchable Points Of Interests||Yes (Parks, Campgrounds, Scenic Lookouts and Picnic Sites)|
|Displays Parks, Forests, & Wilderness||Yes (National, State and Local Parks, Forests, & Wilderness Areas)|
|External Memory Storage||Yes (32 GB max microSD card)|
|Track Log||20000 points, 250 saved gpx tracks, 300 saved fit activities|
|Routes||250, 250 points per route: 50 points auto routing|
|Compatible With Garmin Explore App||Yes|
|Garmin Explore Website Compatible||Yes|
|Compatible With Basecamp||Yes|
|Sun And Moon Information||Yes|
|Geocaching-Friendly||Yes (Geocache Live)|
|Custom Maps Compatible||Yes (500 custom map tiles)|
|LED Beacon Flashlight||Yes|
|Compass||Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)|
|GPS Compass (While Moving)||Yes|