You have no items in your shopping cart.
Garmin Fenix 5 Multi-Sport Training GPS Watch
Product OverviewBeat yesterday all day, every day. fenix 5 is the premium multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate, advanced fitness features and interchangeable bands that let you go from workplace to workout without breaking stride. Whatever sport you want to track, fenix 5 has it covered, thanks to built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications
Striking Design, Strong Performance
Athletes and adventurers come in all sizes. That's why the fenix 5 series offers multiple models that vary in size to fit every wrist and every workout. Each version offers a variety of stainless steel finishes, QuickFit watch band combinations and premium feature sets to give you the look, performance and lightweight comfort to match both your aesthetic and athletic interests.
Dual Navigation Networks
Every fenix 5 series watch features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on settings). And for go-anywhere confidence, all fenix 5 versions are water-rated to 100 meters.
Outstanding Readability on the Run
A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlighting assures great readability in all ambient conditions. Transflective technology that reflects and transmits light at the same time enables the watch face to become even more readable under intense sunlight. Sapphire editions feature a scratch-resistant sapphire lens and are also Wi-Fi-enabled so your watch can connect to your wireless network and automatically send activity uploads for sharing on Garmin Connect.
Wrist-based Heart Rate
On your wrist, Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
Match Your Style with Interchangeable Watch Bands
A selection of QuickFit bands in your choice of premium leather, metal or silicone makes it easy to mix and match styles to go with any sport or activity. No tools are required to make the transformation. Just swap, click and go.
Monitor Your Performance, Training and Recovery
Just how effective is your current training plan? fenix 5 will help you monitor your training and recovery so you can better prepare for a race or training cycle. Training status is a new performance monitoring tool that automatically evaluates your recent exercise history and performance indicators to let you know if you're training productively, peaking or overreaching. The new anaerobic training effect metric opens a window of insight to a critical dimension of training, telling you how your training is improving your ability to push the limits. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
Analyze Your Technique
We're making it easier to get the data you need to improve your form. Let fenix 5 measure crucial running metrics 2 that you can use to analyze your performance. Biomechanical measurements such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio are the key to understanding your form so you can bring your best on race day. These metrics are available with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap 2 or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your waistband. Also, take advantage of feature sets to help with cycling and even swim training. In the water, fenix 5 will track your distance, pace, stroke count and more.
Swim Profiles, Skiing, Paddle Sports, Golf and More
Beyond their running functions, fenix 5 watches also offer special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For swimmers, the device tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you've downloaded from Garmin Connect - and also adds enhancements such as stat tracking (fairways hit, etc.), Green View, AutoShot detection and auto measure.
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Every fenix 5 model provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you're moving or not. In addition, there's an internal gyroscope to help improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac mode.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
Smart notifications 2 through fenix 5 let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch - whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize any fenix 5 series watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fenix multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your fenix 5 to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face It watch face app to customize your fenix with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch's face. Whether it's a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that's uniquely you.
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts
- Connected features include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Battery life: up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode or up to 60 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Clock Features
- Time/date, GPS Time Sync, Automatic daylight saving time, Alarm clock, Timer, Stopwatch, Sunrise/sunset times
- GPS, GLONASS, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermomete
- Daily Smart Features
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, Wi-Fi with sapphire editions, Connect IQ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps), Smart notifications, Calendar, Weather, Controls smartphone music, Find My Phone, Find My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote, Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Compatible with Garmin Connect Mobile
- LiveTrack, Group LiveTrack
- Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter, Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity: walk for a couple of minutes to reset it), Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep), Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance traveled, Intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ, Fitness Age: yes (in app), All-day Stress Tracking
- Fitness Equipment/Gym
- Available gym activity profiles: Indoor Rowing, Strength Training and Cardio Training, Cardio workouts, Strength workouts, Automatic rep counting
- Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- GPS speed and distance, Customizable data pages, Customizable activity profiles, Auto Pause, Interval training, Advanced workouts, Downloadable training plans, Auto Lap, Manual lap, Configurable lap alerts, V02 max,
- Training Status (lets you see if you're training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend.), Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC), Training Effect (aerobic), Training Effect (anaerobic), Customizable alerts
- Audio prompts, Finish time, Virtual Partner, Race an Activity, Auto multisport activities, Manual multisport activities, Course guidance, Segments (Live, Garmin), Strava features (Beacon, live segments), Touch and/or button lock, Hot keys, Auto scroll, Activity history on watch
- Heart Rate Features
- HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max, % HRR, Recovery time, Auto max HR, HRV stress test (measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level: the scale of this is 1 to 100:
- low scores indicate lower stress levels): yes (with compatible accessory), Records heart rate while swimming, HR Broadcast (broadcasts HR data over ANT+ to paired devices)
- Running Features
- Available run profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Trail Running, GPS-based distance, time and pace, Running dynamics: yes (with compatible accessory), Vertical oscillation and ratio (the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the cost-benefit ratio with stride length): yes (with compatible accessory)
- Ground contact time and balance (shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry): yes (with compatible accessory), Stride length (real time): yes (with compatible accessory), Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute)
- Performance condition (after running 6-20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level), Lactate threshold (through analysis of your pace and heart rate, estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue): yes (with compatible accessory), Run workouts
- Golfing Features
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green), Yardage to layups/doglegs, Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course): Automatic, Digital scorecard, Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit), Garmin AutoShot
- Green View with manual pin position, Hazards and course targets, TruSwing compatible, Round timer/odometer
- Outdoor Recreation Features
- Available outdoor recreation profiles: Hiking, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing, Jumpmaster, Tactical, Point-to-point navigation
- Bread crumb trail in real time, Back to start, TracBack, UltraTrac mode, Elevation profile, Distance to destination, Barometric trend indicator with Storm Alert, Trail run auto climb, Vertical speed, Total ascent/descent
- Compatible with BaseCamp, GPS coordinates, Projected waypoint, Sight 'N Go, Area calculation: yes (via Connect IQ), Hunt/fish calendar: yes (via Connect IQ), Sun and moon information: yes (via Connect IQ), Dual grid coordinates
- Cycling Features
- Available cycling profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Biking, Triathlon, Courses, Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor), Race an activity, Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- FTP (Functional Threshold Power): yes (with compatible accessory), Compatible with Vector (power meter), Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible third-party ANT+-enabled power meters)
- Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display), Compatible with Varia radar (rear-facing radar), Compatible with Varia lights, Speed and cadence sensor support (with sensor): yes (ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors)
- Swimming Features
- Available swim profiles: Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swimming/Running, Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories), Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly), Swim efficiency (SWOLF), Drill logging, Pool swim workouts
- Open-water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, calories), Heart rate (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Lens Material||chemically strengthened glass or sapphire crystal|
|Bezel Material||stainless steel|
|Case material||fiber-reinforced polymer with stainless steel rear cover|
|QuickFit watch band compatible||included (22mm)|
|Strap material||silicone or steel|
|Physical size||47 x 47 x 15.5mm|
|Display size||1.2 (30.4mm) diameter|
|Display resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
|Display type||sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)|
|Battery life||Smartwatch mode: Up to 2 weeks
GPS/HR mode: Up to 24 hours
UltraTrac mode: Up to 60 hours without wrist heart rate
|Water rating||10 ATM|