You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Sea Turtles Life Cycle Card
Product OverviewHelp Sea Turtles Survive
There are seven species of sea turtles. They include the Flat Back, the Green Sea Turtle, the Hawksbill, Leatherback, Loggerhead, the Olive Ridley and Kemp's Ridley. Sea turtles can be found all over the world's oceans, coastal bays and inlets in the tropic and subtropical waters of the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean Sea. Owing to the many threats that sea turtles face worldwide, it is estimated that less than 1 in 1000 sea turtles survive to adulthood and mate.
Among the many threats to the sea turtles are things you might expect: pollution and pollutants, habitat degradation through coastal development, boat strikes, and entanglement in marine debris that can cause accidental drowning. But there are others, including ingestion of marine debris, harassment, and poaching. In the United States, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service retain jurisdiction over the laws and policies related to sea turtles. And all but the Flat Back and Olive Ridley can be found in the state of Florida. Green Turtles can be spotted on the southeast and southwest coasts of the United States. The Flat Back, however, is only found in Australia. As not all turtle species are found in every area, which species you can see depends on where you go. Sea Turtles all share a similar mating and reproductive pattern. The females, which come to shore only to lay eggs (clutches), can Lay anywhere from 40 to over 200 at a time in a nest they dig beyond the tide line.
It is exciting to see sea turtles while snorkeling or wading in tide pools. In Hawaii', the sea turtles are known to emerge from the sea to bask on the lava. Although it is forbidden to touch them, it is possible to get close-up views of these very special creatures that can live well over 100 years. Popular places to find sea turtles: Florida, North & South Carolina, the Cayman Islands, The Bahamas the Caribbean, Hawaii, Mexico. The turtle card measure (H x L) 6" x 9" (15.24cm x 22.9cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Help Sea Turtles Survive:
Green Sea Turtle
Hawksbill Sea Turtle
Leatherback Sea Turtle
Loggerhead Sea Turtle
Olive Ridley Sea Turtle
Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle
- Habitats: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian Oceans, the Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean Sea
- Less than 1 in 1000 Sea Turtles Survive to Adulthood and Mate
- Many Threats:
Pollution and Pollutants
Habitat Degradation and Boat Strikes
Entanglement and Ingestion of Marine Debris
Harassment, and Poaching
- Exciting to See Sea Turtles while Snorkeling Diving or Wading in Tide Pools
- Turtles Can Live Well-Over 100 Years
- Popular Places to Find Sea Turtles:
North & South Carolina
The Cayman Islands
- Must for Turtle Identification
- Dimensions: (H x L) 6 x 9 (15.24cm x 22.9cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Turtle Life Cycle|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 6 x 9 (15.24cm x 22.86cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Chronological Description of Turtle Life Cycle
Side 2: Photo Display Of Turtles
|Turtle Life Cycle|
|(H x L) 6 x 9 (15.24cm x 22.86cm)|
|Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Side 1: Chronological Description of Turtle Life Cycle
Side 2: Photo Display Of Turtles