You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Oahu Reef Creatures Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Oahu Reef Creatures Guide
Side 1 shows a mini-map of Oahu with a few of its best diving and snorkeling spots located, most notably Hanauma Bay. The map is a scaled-down version of Franko's Map of Oahu, showing the island's lovely shape and green mountains, and the beautiful surrounding Pacific Ocean. A humpback whale, spinner dolphin, and Hawaiian monk seal are depicted on the map. Oahu's main towns, Pearl Harbor and its highways and freeways can be seen. Below the beautiful mini-map is a fabulous photo of Oahu's most popular snorkeling destination, Hanauma Bay. There is nowhere else on earth that is snorkeled by so many. Just beyond the reef line, this can easily be seen in the photo, the snorkeling just gets better and better. There might be 2000 visitors at any time in the shallows, but out where it is 12' to 18' (3.66m to 5.5m) deep there will usually be no one else out there with you. Visibility might reach 80' (24.4m) or more. Franko just had to put it on the fish card to represent the truly fabulous underwater Oahu.
Side 2 shows the wonderful reef life of Oahu. Oahu has such great snorkeling and scuba diving that it must have its own quality fish card. This is it! This picture of Oahu's fish is the result of personal inspiration, as Franko has snorkeled and scuba dived all around Oahu, and especially at Hanauma Bay. The fish card measure (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. The reef creatures depicted on these cards are taken from my own artwork on Franko's Map of Oahu. The fish shown include over 80 species, including a dozen or so that are found nowhere else on earth. The Hawaiian fish shown are selected from about 435 species that exist in Hawaii, and are based on Franko's personal exploration. The colors and the means of showing them are based on personal observation. The naming of the fish in Hawaiian as well as English is helped by the experts at the Maui Ocean Center, The Pacific Whale Foundation, Hanauma Bay rangers, The Waikiki Aquarium, and local knowledge. Franko loves them all, but maybe his favorite is the Humuhumu Nukunuku Apua'a, Hawaii's State Fish. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Must for Underwater Identification
- Depicts More than 80 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Oahu
- Side One Map Shows:
Island Greenery & Beautiful Surrounding Pacific Ocean
Ocean has Humpback Whales, Spinner Dolphins and Hawaiian Monk Seals
Oahu's Main Towns, Pearl Harbor, Hanauma Bay and Highways
Fabulous Photo: View of Hanauma Bay
- Side Two Shows:
Wonderful Reef Life of Oahu
Depicts More than 80 Species
Reference Map of Hawaiian Islands
Naming of Fish in Hawaiian and English
Helped by Experts at Maui Ocean Center, Pacific Whale Foundation, Hanauma Bay Rangers, Waikiki Aquarium, & Local Knowledge
- Dimensions (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny & Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse w/Fresh Water After Day In-the-Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Location & Hawaiian Oahu Marine Animals Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Island Map, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Fish (Over 80 Species)
|Special Feature||English & Hawaiian Name|
|Location & Hawaiian Oahu Marine Animals Identification|
|(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Side 1: Island Map, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Fish (Over 80 Species)
|English & Hawaiian Name|