You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Monterey Peninsula Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Map of Monterey Peninsula & Fish Identification Card
Side 1 shows Franko's Map of Monterey Peninsula, which consists of information borrowed from Franko's Map of Monterey, adapted to this fish card use. It shows the major dive sites of the peninsula, including Del Monte Beach, Wharf #2, Coast Guard Wharf, Mertridium Field, Mc Abee Beach, Hopkins Reserve, Lover's Point, Otter Cove, Chase Reef, Coral Street, Point Pinos, Moss Cove, Point Joe, Cypress Point, Lingcod Reef, East Pescadero Pinnacle, Pescadero Pinnacles, Stillwater Cove, Copper Roof House, Butterfly House, Carmel River, Monastery Beach and Mono-Lobo. The major roads, including 17-Mile Drive and the show the user how to get around everywhere from the Monterey Bay Aquarium to Pacific Grove, as well as Carmel, Pebble Beach, Spanish Bay, Carmel Bay and Cannery Row.
Side 2 is Franko's Monterey Peninsula Kelp Forest Creatures. This side of the card identifies 60+ species of fish and other kelp forest creatures all beautifully illustrated. Cooler water means a different species than the fish cards from Southern California, and so this fish card shows the Wolf Eel and Monkey Face Eel, but it does not show the moray eel or the spiny lobster, which only lives further south. Lots of kinds of rockfish are also included. Certain species, such as the sheep head, bat ray, horn shark, ochre sea star, lingcod, spotted scorpion fish, giant kelpfish and others are common to kelp forests up and down the entire California coast. An ascending sea otter is also shown, as he rises to the surface after a hunt. Colorful invertebrates are common in Monterey waters, and a few, including a nudibranch - the Spanish shawl, and a bat star is shown. The fish card measure (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Card makes a great gift idea. Note that the card is sized just right for 3-ring binder-type dive logs. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen.
- Depicts More than 60 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Monterey Guide & Dive Map
- Side One Map Shows:
Major Dive Sites
Major Roads, including 17-Mile Drive
Monterey Bay Aquarium to Pacific Grove
Carmel, Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay
Carmel Bay and Cannery Row
- Side Two Shows:
Wonderful Kelp Forest Creatures of Monterey Peninsula
Depicts More than 60 Species
Kelp Forest Creatures All Beautifully Illustrated
Birds and Marine Mammals
Barracuda and Sharks
Fans and Anemone
Octopus, Stars and Much More
- Dimensions (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- 3-Hole Punched for Binder Insert
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard, 3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert|
|Purpose||Location and Fish Identification|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Monterey Peninsula Map, Dive Sites Peninsula Facts, Side 2: Fish (Over 60 Species)|
|Special Feature||Weather Information and Compass Rose|