You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Maui Reef Creatures Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Kauai Reef Creatures Guide
Side 1 shows a mini-map of Kauai with a few of its best diving and snorkeling spots located. The map is a scaled-down version of Franko's Map of Kauai, showing the island greenery and the beautiful surrounding Pacific Ocean. The ocean has humpback whales, spinner dolphins and Hawaiian monk seals, and thus they are depicted on the map. Kauai's main towns and its highways can be seen. Below the beautiful mini-map is a fabulous photo of Kauai's incredible scenery - it is a helicopter view of the Na Pali Coast. There is nowhere else on earth that surpasses this view. Franko just had to put it on the fish card to represent the truly fabulous Kauai.
Side 2 shows the wonderful reef life of Kauai. Kauai has such great snorkeling and scuba diving that it must have its own quality fish card. This is it! This picture of Kauai's fish is the result of personal inspiration, as Franko has snorkeled and scuba dived all around Kauai. The fish card measure (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. The reef creatures depicted on these cards are taken from Franko's own artwork on his Map of Kauai. The fish shown include over 80 species, including a dozen or so that are found nowhere else on earth. The Hawaiian fish shown are selected from about 435 species that exist in Hawaii, and are based on Franko's personal exploration. The colors and the means of showing them are based on personal observation. The naming of the fish in Hawaiian as well as English is helped by the experts at the Maui Ocean Center, The Pacific Whale Foundation, Hanauma Bay rangers, The Waikiki Aquarium, and local knowledge. Franko's favorites are the Humuhumu Nukunuku Apua'a, Hawaii's State Fish (of course), the little raccoon butterfly fish, the trumpet fish, and the white spotted eagle ray. Well, actually Franko likes the cleaner wrasse, the Hawaiian turkey fish and the saddle wrasse. He guesses he could keep going on this list, because he likes them all! Note that the card is sized just right for 3-ring binder-type dive logs. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Depicts More than 80 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Maui
- Side One Map Shows:
Island Greenery & Beautiful Surrounding Pacific Ocean
Ocean has Humpback Whales, Spinner Dolphins and Hawaiian Monk Seals
Maui's Main Towns Lahaina, Kihei and Highways
Fabulous Photo: Helicopter View of Maui's Molokini Island
- Side Two Shows:
Wonderful Reef Life of Maui
Depicts More than 80 Species
Reference Map of Hawaiian Islands
Naming of Fish in Hawaiian and English
Helped by Experts at Maui Ocean Center
Pacific Whale Foundation
Hanauma Bay Rangers
The Waikiki Aquarium, and Local Knowledge
- Dimensions (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- 3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard, 3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert|
|Purpose||Location and Fish Identification|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Island Map, Dive Sites Island Facts, Side 2: Fish (Over 80 Species)|
|Special Feature||English and Hawaiian Names and Compass Rose|