You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Great Abaco Island Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewGreat Abaco Island, The Bahamas The Boating Capital of The World. Franko's Great Abaco Island Mini-Map and Reef Creatures Identification Guide
Great Abaco Island dominates the island group that is referred to as The Abacos. The Abacos are The Real Bahamas. This beautiful island chain naturally makes a beautiful map, dominated by Great Abaco Island arcing from northwest toward the south. Franko's Great Abaco Island Mini-Map and Fish Card has a wonderful little map in Bahamas-inspired colors - pastel green for the land and turquoise ocean blue for the sea. Take a good look at the map and its scale and note that The Abacos consist of a 120-mile-long (195 km) island chain, which resembles a mini-Bahamas, complete with its own group of Out Islands. The two largest islands are Great Abaco Island and Little Abaco Island. Compared to the dozens of islets, these two islands are practically a mainland". Note on the mini-map that there is a string of islands separating Great Abaco and Little Abaco from the Atlantic. Between the Atlantic and these islands is a calm shallow turquoise sea full of boaters and sailors called the Sea of Abacos. Indeed, The Abacos boast their very own sea, and also note that the Sea of Abacos is dotted with charming islands. This heavenly sea makes The Abacos one of the world's top boating and sailing destinations.
Given that The Abacos are a world-class boating and sailing destination, it is true that many visitors to The Abacos sleep on their boats. But ashore there are also quaint colonial towns, two golf courses, and many, many miles of superb beaches. The Abacos also boast great fishing and diving, and a wonderful selection of hotels, resorts, restaurants and bars. It can be accurately said that The Abacos are the most complete vacation destination in The Bahamas Out Islands.
On side 1, as you see in the image above, Franko's Great Abaco Island Mini-Map and Fish Card is an accurate map, but on side 2 it features all of the favorite coral reef creatures abundantly found in the crystal waters here. These are the same reef fish and coral species that are common to the entire Caribbean Sea. You will note that The Abacos are on the outer fringe of the Caribbean Sea. Side 2 of Franko's Great Abaco Island Mini-Map and Fish Card is the fish side. Well over 100 species of fish are arrayed on this (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm) card in an underwater, coral reef setting. Note that the card is sized just right for 3-ring binder-type dive logs. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen. The extensive list of fish and other coral reef creatures found on this card is endless.
Divers and snorkelers are urged to obtain a 3-ring dive log booklet and keep a collection of Franko Fish Cards in it. They are good little map references to check where you've been, plus an excellent fish identification guide, to name the fish you've seen. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen, so why not buy a dive log book even if you are just snorkeling (that makes about 90% of us fish watchers). Card is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Depicts More than 100 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Great Abaco Island
- Side One Map Shows:
Great Abaco Bahamas Islands
Respective Major Scuba and Snorkeling Sites
Major Roads and Towns
Major Landmarks and Hills
120-Mile-Long (195 km) Island Chain
- Side Two Shows:
100-Plus Caribbean Reef Creatures
Angelfish, Parrotfish, Groupers
Hogfish, Wrasse and Butterfly Fish
Sponges, Sea Fans and Sea Anemone and Much-More
- Dimensions (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Great Abaco Island Reef Creatures Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard
3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
|Printed Information||Side 1: Mini-Map of Great Abaco Bahamas, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Marine Life (Over 100 Species)
|Special Feature||World Globe Location & Compass Rose|