You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Florida State Reef Creatures Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Florida Mini Map and Coral Reef Creatures Identification Guide
Franko loves Florida, having first visited on official government business on a trip to Fort Walton Beach around 1992. Franko attended the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show, DEMA dive shows at Miami and Orlando, Biscayne National Park, Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, from end to end, plus he drove east-to-west and north to south across the state. That means that he is just getting started in knowing this fabulous state. After years of thinking about making Franko Map products for the great State of Florida, Franko finally put together a Florida mini-map and coral reef creature's identification guide, which shows a beautiful map of Florida on side 1 and a wonderful array of over 100 species of coral reef creatures on side 2.
Franko loves every part of Florida that he has explored so far from the Gulf Coast's incredibly white sand, to the beautiful beach-front condominiums in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, to the very end of the Overseas Highway, where you look out to sea from the Southernmost Point in the Continental United States" and Key West. After exploring and diving the Florida Keys, and making a map and fish identification guide for the The Conch Republic," it was only right to do the same for the entire great State of Florida. This is one of Franko's most beautiful products, because the green State of Florida sits against a sea showing the descending hues of the undersea bathymetry. The undersea contours of the Florida Plateau and the Gulf of Mexico on one side, and the Continental Shelf, the Florida Straits, and the Bahamas Banks on the other are a most interesting and visually powerful way to depict Florida. It was an idea that worked!
The map side (side 1) of this (H x L) 6" x 9" (15.24cm x 22.9cm) card is a beautiful mini map showing the State of Florida, with the main roads and cities, and dozens of Florida's most prominent dive locations, including both coasts, the Florida Keys and many of the famous springs that are unique to Florida. Having visited and gone out on diving boats as well as snorkeling and kayaking in a variety of Florida spots, Franko can understand why so many people have urged him to do Florida." Florida could be called the diving capital of the world. The number of sites and the accessibility makes Florida a world-class diving and snorkeling destination. Also on the map side is a world globe and a compass rose. Franko loves Florida. The coral reef creature's side of this map (side 2) is similar to his Caribbean reef creature's guides, since in general they share the same array of coral reef creatures, including corals and sponges. The card shows over 100 species on this waterproof Florida Keys Coral Reef Creatures Identification Guide. It seems only right that he show the names of all of these creatures (criaturas) in both English and Espaol. Special thanks to his daughter, who teaches Spanish, for helping with the translations and accents. He hopes this enables even more people to love the coral reef creatures of Florida.
He would also like to point out a creature that he could not help but place on this map, and that is the manatee (manat). Franko loves the manatee (as does everyone). What a wonderful and special creature Florida has! The manatee is a great representative of the love and respect that he hopes to inspire with his Florida maps and coral reef creature's identification guides. Card is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Depicts More than 100 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Florida and Keys
- Side One Map Shows:
Pensacola to Key West
Major Scuba and Snorkeling Sites
Major Roads and Towns
Rays and Turtle
Mollusks and Manatee
World Globe Location and Compass Rose
- Side Two Shows:
100-Plus Caribbean Reef Creatures
Angelfish, Parrotfish, Groupers
Hogfish, Wrasse, Butterfly Fish
Sponges, Sea Fans and Sea Anemone
Sharks and Rays
Tarpon and Much More
- Dimensions: (H x L) 6 x 9 (15.24cm x 22.9cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Location & Florida State Marine Animals Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 6 x 9 (15.24cm x 22.86cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Mini-Map of Florida, Dive Sites State Facts
Side 2: Marine Life (100 Plus Species)
|Special Feature||Bilingual: English & Spanish
World Globe Location & Compass Rose