You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Big Island Reef Creatures, Fish ID Card
Product OverviewFranko's Hawaii Reef Creatures Guide
Side 1 shows a mini-map of Hawaii, The Big Island with a few of its best diving and snorkeling spots located. The map is a scaled-down version of Franko's Map of Hawaii, showing the island greenery and magnificent volcanoes and the beautiful surrounding Pacific Ocean. The ocean has humpback whales, spinner dolphins and Hawaiian monk seals, and thus they are depicted on the blue ocean. Hawaii's main towns, such as Kailua-Kona and Hilo, and its highways can be seen. On the mini-map are two fabulous photos, one showing the cutest green sea turtle, and the other showing Franko's wife Cindy, as she floats in crystal clear Hawaiian waters above a school of yellow millet seed butterfly fish. This is representative of Hawaii's unbelievable snorkeling opportunities. The Big Island is fantastic for all levels of snorkelers or scuba divers.
Side 2 shows the wonderful reef life of Hawaii, The Big Island. Hawaii has such great snorkeling and scuba diving that it must have its own quality fish card. This picture of Hawaii's fish is the result of personal exploration and inspiration, as Franko has snorkeled and scuba dived all around Hawaii. The fish card, which measure 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm) is printed on plastic and then laminated so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling.
The reef creatures depicted on these cards are taken from Franko's own artwork on his Map of Hawaii, The Big Island. A few creatures have been added or edited since the first edition. The fish shown include over 80 species, including a dozen or so that are found nowhere else on earth. The Hawaiian fish shown are selected from about 435 species that exist in Hawaii, and are based on Franko's personal exploration. The colors and the means of showing them are based on personal observation. The naming of the fish in Hawaiian as well as English is helped by the experts at the Maui Ocean Center, The Pacific Whale Foundation, Hanauma Bay rangers, The Waikiki Aquarium, and local knowledge. Franko's favorite is the Humuhumu Nukunuku Apua'a, Hawaii's State Fish. What is your favorite? He also loves the giant manta rays that grace the reefs, mostly at night. One of Franko's favorite dives of all time was a night dive to watch the manta rays soaring gracefully through the waters feeding on plankton which were drawn to the night-diving lights.
- Depicts More than 80 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Hawaii
- Side One Map Shows:
Island Greenery and Magnificent Volcanoes & Beautiful Surrounding Pacific Ocean
Ocean has Humpback Whales, Spinner Dolphins and Hawaiian Monk Seals
Hawaii's Main Towns, Kailua-Kona and Hilo, and Highways
Two Fabulous Photos
- Side Two Shows:
Wonderful Reef Life of Hawaii
Depicts More than 80 Species
Reference Map of Hawaiian Islands
Naming of Fish in Hawaiian and English
Helped by Experts at Maui Ocean Center, Pacific Whale Foundation, Hanauma Bay Rangers, The Waikiki Aquarium, and Local Knowledge
- Dimensions (W x L): 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Location & Hawaiian Big Island Marine Animals Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Printed Information||Side 1: Island Map, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Fish With Name
|Special Feature||English & Hawaiian Name|
|Location & Hawaiian Big Island Marine Animals Identification|
|(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Hole-Punched for Lanyard|
|Side 1: Island Map, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Fish With Name
|English & Hawaiian Name|