You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Belize Reef Creatures Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Belize and Reef Creatures Identification Guide
Tucked below southeastern Mexican border on the shores of the Mexican peninsula just east of Guatemala is the independent commonwealth realm of Belize (it used to be part of the British Empire, and Queen Elizabeth II is considered head of state). It is a haven for eco-travelers, scuba divers and snorkelers who love the Caribbean Sea and a treasure for those who enjoy indigenous cultural history. The wide shelf known as the Inner (Main) Channel that extends off Belize's eastern coastline, along with the atolls, cays, reefs and lagoons farther offshore make Belize an idyllic place to explore marine life.
You can find hawksbill and green sea turtles, rays, and an exciting assortment of tropical fish: groupers, wrasse, parrotfish, triggerfish, cowfish, snapper, trunkfish, angelfish, grunt, eel, flounder, tilefish, goatfish, and many, many more including nurse sharks and octopus. The colorful coral along with underwater caves and reefs attract scuba divers all year round. The Turneffe Atoll, the Lighthouse Atoll, and Glover's Atoll are all within a day's boat ride and mark the outermost locations for scuba adventures. Lighthouse Atoll is home to The Great Blue Hole, a world-famous sink hole that is 1,000' (305m) wide and over 400' (122m) deep. Diving points like Manta Wall, Eagle Ray Wall and Hogfish Cut on Lighthouse, and Groupers Point and Parrotfish Falls on Glover's Atoll attest to the variety and abundance of fish and reef creatures to be spotted in these waters.
Scores of cays, the most of famous of which is the Ambergris Cay dot the inner channel, and sandy strips like Cay Caulker can be the perfect launch point for snorkelers or the perfect beach respite if you want to get away from it all. For a change, don a headlight and snorkel at night to spot squid, octopus, lobster and crabs. On land, the capital is Belmopan and the largest city is Belize City. The fish card measure (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Note that the card is sized just right for 3-ring binder-type dive logs. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Depicts More than 100 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Belize
- Side One Map Shows:
Country of Belize
Respective Major Scuba and Snorkeling Sites
Major Landmarks and Hills
Inner (Main) Channel off Belize's Eastern Coastline Atolls, Cays, Reefs and Lagoons
- Side Two Shows:
Approximately 100 Reef Creatures
Parrot Fishes, Trigger Fishes, Cowfish
Wrasse, Trunkfish, Groupers, Snappers, Rays
Angelfish, Grunt, Eel, Flounder, Tilefish, Goatfish
Nurse Sharks and Octopus
Hawksbill and Green Sea Turtles, and Much-More
- Dimensions (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- 3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Belize & Reef Creatures Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard
3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
|Printed Information||Side 1: Mini-Map of Belize, Dive Sites Country Facts
Side 2: Marine Life (Over 100 Species)
|Special Feature||World Globe Location & Compass Rose|