You have no items in your shopping cart.
Franko Maps, Bahamas Reef Creatures Fish ID-Card
Product OverviewFranko's Bahamas and Reef Creatures Identification Guide
Between 20° and 28° latitude and 70°-80°W longitude is the archipelago of small islands that contain the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. The islands are located off the southeast coast of Florida and bounded on the south by Cuba present amazing opportunities for divers, fishermen and snorkelers. They include Bimini Islands at the western edge, Great Exuma, Long Island Group and Crooked Island in the middle, and Great Inagua to the southeast. In the warm, shallow waters around all these islands, tropical fish, coral reefs and shipwrecks abound. The Bahamas, after all, were infamous for pirating during the slave trade in the 19th century and were a haven for the pirate, Blackbeard.
In 1718, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas became a British Crown colony but in 1973 took its independence, retaining Queen Elizabeth II as its monarch. With tourism the main economic activity, hundreds of thousands visit the islands each year, many on cruise ships. If you love snorkeling, you'll find a huge array of angelfish, parrotfish, groupers, hogfish, wrasse and butterfly fish in and around the sponges, sea fans and sea anemone that abound in the reefs. Don some gear and make snorkeling a group activity on any of the main islands in the archipelago. There are dozens more tropical creatures to discover and admire, including several species of sharks and barracuda that can be found around the underwater caves and valleys. Scuba divers in these waters head to sites like Telephone Pole, Coral Cavern and The Cathedral; Theo's Wreck, Diana's Dungeons and many other spots where in the past pirate attacks caused ships to go down with treasured cargo.
Alice Town in the Bimini Islands is, of course, the Big Fish capital of the Bahamas where marlin fishermen head. Nassau, on New Providence Island, is the capital of the Commonwealth. Temperatures in The Bahamas fluctuate about 12°F (7°C) between the coolest months (January-February) and the warmest months (July-August) making for a reliably temperate climate with little rainfall. - A tropical savannah climate. The fish card measure (H x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm), is printed on laminated plastic so that it is stiff, shiny and waterproof. It has a hole for a lanyard, so you can actually take it diving or snorkeling. Note that the card is sized just right for 3-ring binder-type dive logs. Divers who keep dive log booklets can put this card into their log book to keep track of where they've been, plus what species of fish they've seen. Card makes a great gift idea.
- Depicts More than 100 Species
- Map: Scaled-Down Version of Franko's Map of Bahamas Islands
- Side One Map Shows:
All Bahamas Islands
Respective Major Scuba and Snorkeling Sites
Major Roads and Towns
Major Landmarks and Hills
Sharks, Rays and Turtles
World Globe Location and Compass Rose
- Side Two Shows:
100-Plus Caribbean Reef Creatures
Angelfish, Parrotfish, Groupers
Hogfish, Wrasse and Butterfly Fish
Sponges, Sea Fans and Sea Anemone
- Dimensions: (H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Material: Laminated Plastic
- Hole-Punched for Attachment of Lanyard
- 3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
- Stiff, Shiny and Waterproof
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Location & Bahamas Reef Creatures Identification|
|Dimensions||(H x L) 5.5 x 8.5 (14cm x 21.6cm)|
|Attachment Point||Hole-Punched for Lanyard
3-Hole Punch for Binder Insert
|Printed Information||Side 1: Mini-Map of Bahamas, Dive Sites Island Facts
Side 2: Marine Life (Over 100 Species)
|Special Feature||World Globe Location and Compass Rose|