You have no items in your shopping cart.
Fourth Element Xerotherm Gloves
|Circumference of hand at palm's widest (not including thumb) (in)||7"||7-8"||8-9"||9-9.75"||9.75-10.5"||10.5+"|
|Length from tip of middle finger to base of palm (in)||6.8"||6.8-7"||7-7.4"||7.4-7.8"||7.8-8.3"||8.3+"|
These are general guidelines only, sizes are not guaranteed. But no worries, since at scuba we offer our exclusive PFF Guaranty
Product OverviewThe Fourth Element Xerotherm is the ultimate base layer for use under a dry suit. Made using Polartec Power-Stretch which was originally developed for NASA, the Xerotherm traps a layer of air - a much better insulator than water - next to the skin, keeping the wearer drier and more comfortable. The range is designed to be worn under another under suit or on its own under a neoprene dry suit and provides astonishing warmth without contributing to bulk or buoyancy. In fact, the buoyancy effects of the Xerotherm are so small that they rarely impact on weight configuration, yet dramatically improve warmth.
The Xerotherm represents the ultimate in base layer performance, unrivalled by anything else on the market. Xerotherm has been to the top of Everest and down to the Titanic, as well as being specified by the FBI Dive Teams, Norwegian Navy and British Police Diving Units. Xerotherm provide excellent thermal protection and comfort. Constructed using flat locked stitching and single layer high wicking fleece fabric; it protects the hands and complements the Xerotherm under suit range. It is low bulk without making dry suit gloves too tight or uncomfortable. The knit of the Xerotherm fabric produces the fastest wicking effect of any of the products in the Fourth Element product range. Moisture is drawn out through the fabric along fine fibers and then spreads out over the outer surface. This maintains a thin layer of air (a more efficient insulator than water) next to the skin. This is so effective in the Xerotherm that some wearers report experiencing minor suit leaks during the dive without even noticing until after the dive. As a standalone undergarment, the Xerotherm is suitable for thermal protection in water temperatures of 66.2°F to 68°F (19°C to 20°C).
Cold fingers are often the first telltale signs of exposure on a long dive. The Xerotherm gloves provide excellent thermal protection as dry glove liners without being bulky, allowing for maximum dexterity. Low-profile stitching offers comfort and greater sensitivity, and when used in conjunction with the Xerotherm wrist warmers and the original Xerotherm suit, the gloves complete (finger) tip to toe protection for the ultimate base layer. The Xerotherm gloves also make excellent glove liners for use above water. Silicone fingertip protection provides extra grip and durability in key wear areas. Gloves are black in color and available in multiple sizes. Fabric is 53% polyester, 38% nylon and 9% elastane.
- Cold Fingers Often First Telltale Sign of Exposure On-Long-Dive
- Excellent Thermal Protection as Dry Glove Liners
- Not Bulky for Maximum Dexterity
- Low-Profile Flat Locked Stitching Offers Comfort and Greater Sensitivity
- Excellent Glove Liners for Use Above Water
- Polartec Power-Stretch: Originally Developed for NASA
Traps Layer of Air
Much Better Insulator than Water, Next to Skin
Keeps Wearer Drier and More Comfortable
- Unisex Range
- Xerotherm Fabric:
Fastest Wicking Effect of Fourth Element Range
Moisture is Drawn Out Thru Fabric Along Fine Fibers
Spreads Out Over the Outer Surface
Maintains Thin Layer of Air Next to Skin
More Efficient Insulator than Water
- So Effective, Minor Suit Leaks Not Noticed
- Suitable for Thermal Protection in Water Temperatures of 66.2°:F to 68°:F (19°:C to 20°:C)
- Won't Effect Buoyancy
- Materials: 53% Polyester, 38% Nylon and 9% Elastane
- Color: Black
- Available in Multiple Sizes
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Material||53% Polyester, 38% Nylon and 9% Elastane|
|Water Temperature Range||66.2°:F to 68°:F (19°:C to 20°:C)|