You have no items in your shopping cart.
"Fill Your Own" Set of Ankle Weights Up to 3 lbs. (1.36 kg)
Product OverviewDo your feet always seem to rise above you when diving? Some divers need to compensate the buoyancy of their legs with ankle weights. Diving with ankle weights, reduce leg and fin buoyancy, minimizes back stress for a safer, more comfortable dive. Ankle weights keep fins submerged at the surface and add stability during underwater projects such as photography or dive instruction.
Ankle weights are an important part of a diver's total weighting system. If your legs are too high, then there will be increased drag. When your legs are too high this will slow you down and cause fatigue. Correct your position with ankle weights. Many divers, especially women, have short waists. The weights in your BC or on your weight belt are closer to your head than they are on divers with longer waists. Therefore, the weight, push your upper body down and your legs up, causing unnecessary drag, Ankle weights will take some of this weight off the waist area and will move it down to the ankles, putting your body in a correct horizontal position.
Dry suit divers frequently require ankle weights because the legs of a dry suit are filled with air. The result is the legs want to float up. Ankle weights add negative buoyancy to the ankles and help bring the legs down into a correct horizontal position. If you are one of these divers, this fill your own set of ankle weights, will cure those problems. Simply fill these ankle weight pouches with sand or lead shot up to 3 lbs. (1.36 kg) each, and fasten around your ankles, then watch your diving profile become more streamlined and efficient.
"Aqua Fill Your Own Set" Ankle Weights are constructed of flexible, comfortable form-fitting neoprene with hook and loop closure to secure the weight of your choice inside. Ankle weights come equipped with durable side-release squeeze-style quick-release buckle to secure ankle weights around your ankles. Fill-able ankle weights allow the diver to customize the amount of weight they need to combat buoyancy.
- Fill with Sand or Lead Shot Up to 3 lbs. (1.36 kg) each
- Ankle Weights:
Reduce Leg and Fin Buoyancy
Minimizes Back-Stress for Safer, More Comfortable Dive
Keeps Fins Submerged at Surface
Add Stability for Underwater Projects Like Photography or Dive Instruction
- Ankle Weights Important-Part of a Diver's Total-Weighting-System:
Increased Speed, Reduced Fatigue
Streamlines Divers Profile, Decreases Air Consumption
- Especially Useful with Dry Suits, Reduce Boot Buoyancy
- Women with Short Waists: Redistributes Weight from Waist Area to Ankles for Better Trim
- Constructed of Flexible, Comfortable Form-Fitting Neoprene
- Hook and Loop Closure to Secure the Weight of your Choice Inside
- Durable Side-Release Squeeze-Style Quick-Release Buckles
- Fill-Able Ankle Weights, Allow Diver to-Customize Weight Needed to Combat Buoyancy Issues
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Prevent Buoyancy (Floating) Legs|
|Materials||Pouches: Nylon-2 Neoprene Rubber, Buckles: Plastic, Straps: Webbing|
|Weight Capacity||3 lbs. (1.36 kg) each|
|Waist, BCD or Ankle||Ankle|
I used BBs as weight but sand would work. The weight distributes evenly and they are comfortable. The seal is velcro but holds well.