You have no items in your shopping cart.
Faber Hot Dip Galvanized Low Pressure 85 Steel Tank
Product OverviewIf you are not using steel cylinders, try to use one and you will soon realize what you have been missing. Faber can offer you the most comprehensive range of cylinders for scuba diving. Every year Faber produce and sell around the world 100.000 cylinders for scuba diving (out of 600.000 in totals). No other manufacturer in the world can match their capabilities and the breadth of their range. Faber Tanks and valves are nitrox ready.
Cylinders come equipped with a DIN/K type valve that easily converts back and forth depending on the type of first stage regulator to be used in conjunction with the cylinder increasing the versatility of the tank. Steel cylinders are heavier than the same capacity aluminum cylinder. This characteristic has many advantages. The heavier construction allows the diver to remove lead weight from their weight belt or integrated weight system of the BCD, allowing the diver to better distribute weight by moving it to the rear of the BCD a great advantage when wearing a back inflation style (Wing) BCD.
Aluminum cylinders, as we breathe the weight of air from them, create positive buoyancy at or near the end of a dive. The steel cylinder with its negative buoyancy throughout the dive allows you to shed the excess lead that is required to keep you properly trimmed while you dive an aluminum cylinder. Faber LP cylinders have a round bottom and come equipped with a cylinder boot.
The Faber 85 Low Pressure Cylinders has a 2640 psi (182 bar) working pressure cylinders with a 10% overfill rating, negatively buoyant -3.8 lbs. (1.72 kg) when full and is positively buoyant 2.32 lbs. (1.05 kg) when empty. Cylinder is made from triple deep drawn chromium molybdenum steel with hot dip galvanized. Cylinder come equipped with a tank boot. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled
Note: All Faber cylinders meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AA specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3AAM specifications.
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Tank:Faber Steel Low Pressure
- Most Widely Sold Cylinder Type
- Great Buoyancy Characteristics:
Buoyancy Full: -3.8 lbs. (-1.72 kg)
Buoyancy Empty: 2.32 lbs. (1.05 kg)
Buoyancy Better for Back Inflation Style BCD's (Wings)
Shed the Lead
- Better Weight Distribution
- Equipped with Cylinder Boot
- Working Pressure: 2640 psi (182 bar) w/10% Overfill Rating
- Weight: 31.2 lbs. (14.15 kg)
- Diameter: 7.01 (17.8cm)
- Height: 25.98 (66cm)
Deep Drawn Chromium Molybdenum Steel
Hot Dip Galvanized
Round Bottom Cylinder
All Faber Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AA
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3AAM
- Valve: Faber DIN/K Convertible Valve
Yoke or DIN
Heavy Duty Design
Smooth Operating Valve Mechanism
High Flow Capacity Valve
Chrome Plated Marine Brass
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||2640 psi (182 bar) w/10% Overfill Rating|
|Weight||31.2 lbs. (14.15 kg)|
|Buoyancy Full||-3.8 lbs.(-1.72 kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|
|Material||Deep Drawn Chromium Molybdenum Steel
Hot Dip Galvanized
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Material||Marine Grade Chromed Brass|
|Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40%|