You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Rite Slide Lock Primary 400' (122m) Reel
Product OverviewEvolving over the years from one of Dive Rite's original products, a basic dive reel, the Slide Lock (SL) line of reels is in no way basic. Its evolutionary roots stem from serious cave exploration where a variety of reels were needed to safely conduct just one dive. Today, many manufacturers make dive reels, but only Dive Rite has the SL Reel, a reel that quickly and easily locks and unlocks the spool with just one hand. No more tightening or loosening a lock-down screw. Using either hand, and with a simple thumb flick, the SL spool can be locked or unlocked even while wearing thick gloves.
The 400' (122m) spool of braided #24 line provided is the standard for a cave primary reel. Available in white or orange line. A spring loaded, self-lubricating locking pin engages with the injection molded, polycarbonateplastic spool, to either lock the spool in place or release it for use. When unlocked, the reel is free spooling meaning that there is no ratcheting action like on other locking reels. The free spool allows for a smooth and effortless deployment of line. The side handle design allows you to quickly switch the reel from hand to hand while deploying line no matter what type of thermal protection you're wearing. It also provides the flexibility to use your hands for other tasks while still holding the reel.
Securing the reel inside a pocket or to a D-ring on your rig is simple and safe with a marine 316-grade stainless steel shackle snap securely attached to the reel. Gone are the days of a double-ended bolt snap that can easily be lost or roll open. The shackle snap is low profile for efficiency yet won't accidentally undo from the reel. Want to use a different type of snap, no problem; you can easily change it out for a different solution. The SL comes with a line stop attached to the loop at the end of the line. This line stop is designed to self-center on the reel and nicely fits into the line guard. With a little separation in the line as it loops through the line stop, grabbing the line loop with gloved fingers is easily done. Reel handle is made from a sturdy corrosion resistant aircraft grade aluminum with a black hard coat finish.
- Quickly & Easily Locks & Unlocks Spool w/One Hand
- Locking/Unlocking Mechanism: Thumb Activated, Spring-Loaded Self-Lubricating Locking Pin
- Locked or Unlocked Even w/Wearing Thick Gloves
- No More Tightening or Loosening Lock-Down Screw
- Unlocked: Free Spooling, No Ratcheting Action, Smooth & Effortless Deployment of Line
- Reel Line:
400' (122m) Spool of Braided #24 Nylon
Perfect for Cave Primary, Cave Safety, Wreck Diving, & Shooting Lift Bags
Available-In White or Orange
- Side Handle Design:
Allows Quick Switching Reel from Hand-to-Hand while Deploying Line
Easy, No Matter Type of Thermal Protection You're Wearing
Provides Flexibility to Use Hands for Other Tasks while Holding Reel
- Spool: Injection Molded PolycarbonatePlastic, Resists Cracking & Warping
- Handle: Aircraft Grade Aluminum w/Black Hard- Coat Finish
- Shackle Bolt Snap: Corrosion Resistant, 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Low Profile Shackle Snap Designed for Efficiency
- Line Stop: Attached to Loop at End of Line, Designed to Self-Center On-Reel, Fits into Line Guard
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Primary Dive Reel for Cave/Wreck Diving|
|Line Material||Braided Nylon|
|Line Diameter||073 (1.86mm) #24|
|Line Length||400' (122m)|
|Line Tensile Strength||220 lbs (99.80kg)|
|Reel Materials||Spool: Injection Molded Polycarbonate
Handle (Frame): Aircraft Grade Aluminum w/Black Hard-Coat Finish
|Shackle Bolt Snap Material||316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel|