You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Rite Line Arrow for Dive Reels
Product OverviewDry Cavers were using Directional Markers long before there were any Cave Divers. The early Cave Divers in Florida saw the benefit of these Markers, and Lewis Holzendorf came up with the idea of Folding-a-Triangle of Tape around the Line to Form-an -Arrow. These Tape-Arrows were called Dorf Markers, in Lewis honor.
There were a couple of problems with Tape Arrows, however - they slid along the line and were difficult to feel in a silt-out. Cave Diving Pioneer Sheck Exley asked fellow diver Forrest Wilson to lead a discussion group at an NSS Workshop, to come up with an idea for a better arrow. Several ideas were tossed around. Eventually Forrest came up with the current design and hand-made several hundred. Forrest's arrows were sold through the Branford Dive Center in North Florida. They soon became very popular and Steve Hudson of PMI Cave Rope Company asked Forrest's permission to mass produce arrows for Dive Rite.
Today, Cave and Wreck Penetration Divers from all around the world use Line Arrows to Mark the Direction of the Closest-Exit. Markers Attach-Easily to Line and are made of Corrosion Proof High Impact Polystyrene Material. Line arrows measure (L x W) 2.5" x 1.5" (6.4cm x 3.8cm), are 0.1" (2mm) thick and weighs 0.2 oz (5.7 g).
- Increase Safety in Cave Diving
- Used for Exit Direction Indicators
- Attach Easily to Line
- Material: High Impact Polystyrene
- Durable Corrosion Proof Design
- Dimensions: (L x W) 2.5 x 1.5 (6.4cm x 3.8cm), Thickness 0.1 (2mm)
- Weight: 0.2 oz. (5.7 g)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Cave/Wreck Dived Exit Direction Indicators|
|Dimensions||(L x W) 2.5 x 1.5 (6.4cm x 3.8cm), Thickness 0.1 (2mm)|
|Weight||0.2 oz. (5.7 g)|
|Cave/Wreck Dived Exit Direction Indicators|
|(L x W) 2.5 x 1.5 (6.4cm x 3.8cm), Thickness 0.1 (2mm)|
|0.2 oz. (5.7 g)|