You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Rite HP50 - Expedition Canister Light
Product OverviewDive Rite's all new HP50 raises the bar for technical lighting systems. Completely adaptable to any dive mission, the HP50 easily transforms from a compact, lightweight travel companion to a rugged workhorse capable of boundary pushing, multi-hour technical dives. At its heart, a next generation multi-die Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED provides unparalleled output, efficiency, and reliability. A unique light head design offers improved heat sinking and features a cross drilled water channel that provides a direct thermal path from the back side of the LED chip to the water for maximum output and efficiency. A magnetic rotary switch controls 4 modes of operation: High, medium, low, and strobe.
An integrated microprocessor control unit continuously monitors battery voltage and temperature to keep the light operating at peak efficiency. As battery voltage drops, light output steps down eliminating the possibility of suddenly being left in the dark due to a dead battery. The light alerts the diver of this step down in light output by a series of flashes, after which, the light produces a minimum of another 4+ hours of usable light. In a sea of cheaply made imports, the HP50 stands out and is proudly designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA.
One light, infinite possibility. The HP50 gives the diver the flexibility to easily convert between handheld and canister versions using the same light head. Using the simple threaded, double O-ring sealed connection, quickly convert between the 4 x 18650 handheld battery pack and the corded canister adapter. The light and corded adapter are completely compatible with either the 100 watt-hour Slimline Canister battery or the 150 watt-hour Expedition Canister battery. The 100-watt-hour canister consists of two individual 50 watt-hour packs and the 150-watt-hour canister consists of three individual 50-watt-hour packs. The individual battery packs are internal and are not connected- together until the canister lid is installed in the activated position. When the lid is installed in the travel position (rotated 180°) the packs remain disconnected from each other to prevent accidental activation. All battery options are UN 38.3 test compliant and are safe for air transport. Corded adapters are available in either standard straight lid or optional 70° lid versions for improved cord routing when butt or back mounting the canister. Additional battery packs, corded adapters, and chargers are available separately.
Cree XLamp XHP50.2 LED driven at 24W produces over 3500 lumens at a color temperature of 6500° Kelvin. Light beam angle is 10° spot, has a magnetic rotary switch to activate, blinks 3 times to indicate low battery and automatically steps output down to increase usable burn time. Durable CNC machined Delrin and hard-coat anodized aluminum body construction. Light is depth rated to 500' (152m). The Dive Rite HP50 Expedition Canister Light, uses 100-watt-hour sealed lithium-ion batteries, has a 5-hour burn time in high-mode, 10-hours in medium-mode, 100-hours in low-mode and 50-hours in strobe-mode. The HP50 Expedition Canister Light has a light head measuring (L x Dia.) 3.5" x 2" (8.9cm x 5cm) with a canister size of (L x Dia.) 11" x 2.6" (27.94cm x 6.6cm) and weighs 4.1 lbs. (1.87 kg) ready to dive. Light is negatively buoyant 1.25 lbs. (560 g) underwater. Included with the Dive Rite HP50 Expedition Canister Light are 150-watt-hour lithium-ion battery canister, standard corded canister adapter (70° adapter optional), canister quick belt mount, soft hand mount with locking QRM mounting system, lithium-ion smart charger and owner's manual.
- Over 3500 of Brightness
- Color Temperature: 6,500°: Kelvin
- Beam Angle: Deep Penetrating 10°: Spot
- Compact, Canister Primary Light
- Punches Thru-Water Lighting the Way w/Clean Center Spot
- LED Chip: Maximizes Output & Efficiency
- CREE XLamp XHP50.2 LED Lamp
- 4-Light Modes/Burn Times:
100-Watt-Hour Lithium-Ion Battery Canister
2-Individual 50-Watt-Hour Packs
Packs Internal & Not Connected-Together Until Canister Lid Installed in Activated Position
Lid In Travel Position (rotated 180°:) Packs Remain Disconnected, Prevent Accidental Activation
- Batteries are UN 38.3 Test Compliant and Safe for Air Transport
- Light Alerts Diver of Step Down in Light Output with Series of 3-Flashes
- Depth Rating: 500' (152m)
- Rotary Magnetic On/Off Switch
- Double O-Ring Sealed
- CNC Machined Delrin/Hard-Coated Anodized Aluminum Body with Optical Glass Lens
- Technology-Driven Canister Light
- Light Head Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 3.5 x 2 (8.9cm x 5cm)
- Canister Dimensions: (L x Dia.) 11 x 2.6 (27.94cm x 6.6cm)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs. (1.87 kg)
- Buoyancy: Negative 20 oz. (560 g)
100-Watt-Hour Lithium-Ion Battery Canister
Lithium-Ion Smart Charger
Standard Corded Canister Adapter
Canister Quick Belt Mount
Soft Hand Mount w/Locking QRM Mounting System
- Made in the U.S.A.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Material||Body: CNC Machined Delrin/Hard-Coated Anodized Aluminum
Lens: Optical Glass
|Lamp||CREE XLamp XHP50.2 LED|
|Lumens||Full Power 3500|
|Color Temperature||6500°: Kelvin|
|Beam Angle||10°: Spot Beam|
|Batteries||100-Watt-Hour Lithium-Ion Battery Canister|
|Burn Time||High-Mode: 5-Hours
|Depth Rating||500' (152m)|
|Light Modes||4-Modes: High, Medium, Low, Strobe|
|Dimensions||Light Head: (L x Dia.) 3.5 x 2 (8.9cm x 5cm)
Canister: 9 x 2.6 (22.88cm x 6.6cm)
|Weight||4.1 lbs. (1.87 kg)|
|Buoyancy||Negative 20 oz. (560 g)|
|Attachment or Handle||Handheld, Soft Hand Mount w/Locking QRM Mounting System|