You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Rite Cavern/Safety Reel
Product OverviewNorth Florida cave diver, Woody Jasper, first invented sidewinder-style reels around 1980. Less likely to entangle than other reels on the market, Woody's original reel was made of aluminum and a PVC spool. The side-handle style of the reel lent itself to exploration because it could easily switch from hand to hand while laying out line. Dive Rite's Sidewinder Series of Reels are designed to be Anti-Jam by using Precision Machine Tolerances between the Frame and the Spool making it nearly impossible for the line to slip between the spool and the handle.
The Sidewinder Cavern/Safety Reel is available with 140' (42.7m) of DuPont fiber braided #24-line and a medium stainless-steel bolt snap. This model is mostly used as a back-up reel for cave and wreck diving, but has many other uses, like recreational diver training, search and recovery etc. The Cavern/Safety Reel line has a breakage strength of 220 lbs. (99.80 kg). Reel has an injected molded polycarbonate spool with knurled lockdown screw that has a low profile to prevent snagging and is resistant to breakage and cracking. Also, the reel has a high-quality aircraft grade CNC machined aluminum frame and stainless-steel axle that is corrosion resistant. Cavern/Safety Reel weighs 14 oz. (396.8 g).
- Inspired by Woody Jaspers Original Design
- Side-Handle Style Allows Ease Switching from Hand-to-Hand
- Anti-Jam Design: Precision Machine Tolerances Between Frame and Spool
- Nearly Impossible for Line to Slip Between Spool and Handle
- Line: Durable DuPont Fiber Braided .073 (1.86mm) Diameter #24
- Line Breakage Strength of 220 lbs. (99.80 kg)
- Medium Stainless-Steel Bolt Snap
- Molded Polycarbonate Spool with Knurled Lockdown Screw
- Stainless Steel Axle
- Frame: High Quality CNC Machined Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Knurled Lockdown Screw: Low Profile to Prevent Snagging
- Corrosion Resistant and to Breakage and Cracking
- Back-Up Reel for Cave and Wreck Diving
- Recreational Diver Training, Search and Recovery etc.
- Line Length: 140' (42.7m)
- Weight: 14 oz. (396.8 g)
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Line Material||Dupont Fiber Braided|
|Line Diameter||073 (1.86mm) #24|
|Line Length||140' (42.7m)|
|Line Tensile Strength||220 lbs. (99.80 kg)|
|Reel Materials||Spools: Polycarbonate
Axles: Stainless Steel
Frames: CNC Aircraft Grade Aluminum