You have no items in your shopping cart.
Dive Alert Plus v2
Product OverviewDive Alert-Plus is a specially designed, small, lightweight air horn that uses quick-connect/disconnect hose couplings to become an integrated part of your power inflator, breathable/inflator and buoyancy compensator. Installation is easy and only takes a moment. Dive Alert-Plus does not require any modification of your other equipment, and it does not interfere with the normal operation of your other equipment. Dive Alert-Plus enables divers to signal both above and below the water's surface.
There are three different models available; one for approximately 85% of standard power inflator mechanisms model DV1. There are several breathable/inflator mechanisms that require a larger coupling for a higher flow of air so there are two models to accommodate them. The model DV2 and the model DV3 (see list below).
Why have Dive Alert Plus? What would you do in a diving emergency if you needed to get the attention of the pick-up boat or someone else on the water's surface? Before Dive Alert-Plus Scuba divers had relied on whistles or a SMB (surface marker buoy) as their only signaling devices in such an emergency. But if the diver is disabled and can't blow into a whistle (or deploy the SMB) the whistle makes no sound at all. Or if the boat operator is not looking in the direction of a diver with a SMB deployed (if the diver was able to even deploy the SMB) the diver goes un-noticed.
Or, what would you do if you wanted the attention of your dive buddy underwater, for whatever reason, and he was simply distracted and not paying attention to you at that very moment? Traditionally, you would be forced to swim up to him or her until you got their attention. In contrast, Dive Alert-Plus enables divers at the mere touch of a button to generate a loud blast of sound on the surface that can be heard up to a mile (1.6 km) away! Or, by switching the Dive Alert-Plus diverter valve for subsurface signaling the diver can now signal for his dive buddy's attention underwater!
When you need to get someone's attention on the water's surface, you simply select AIR" operation with your diverter valve, press the button and Dive Alert-Plus uses a small amount of air from your Scuba tank to make a piercingly loud sound. Or, when you want to get someone's attention under the water's surface, you simply select H2O" operation with your diverter valve, press the button and Dive Alert-Plus uses a small amount of air from your Scuba tank to make a percussion noise to alert your dive buddy. The Diver Alert-Plus is built to last with an injection molded thermoplastic body, chromed brass and stainless steel construction.
Standard model compatible with 85% of all power inflators.
Compatible with SeaQuest AirSource 1&2, Zeagle Octo-Plus, Oceanic Air XS & MARES AirControl AirSource 3 QD
Compatible with ScubaPro Air 2, Tusa Duo-Air Atomic SS1, Sherwood Gemini, and Zeagle Octo-Z
- Models Available for Almost All Inflators and Breathable/Inflators
- Extremely Load (132db) On Surface
- Signal with a Touch of a Button
- Dual Signal Above and Below the Surface
- Works with As-Little-As 100psi (6.9 bars)
- Lightweight Design
- Increased Dive Safety
- Up to One Mile (1.61 km) Surface Audible Range
- Easy to Install
- Injection Molded Thermoplastic, Chromed Brass and Stainless Steel Construction
- Owner's Manual
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Type (Pneumatic/Manual)||Pneumatic (BCD Inflator Hose)|
|Audible Range||1 Mile (1.6 km)|
|Materials||Body: Injection Molded Thermoplastic, Chrome Plated Brass, Stainless Steel|
|Purpose||Audible Surface Signaling Device|
|Compatibility||DV1: All Standard Inflators, DV2: SeaQuest AirSource 1 & 2, Zeagle OctoPlus, Oceanic Air XS, Mares AirControl, DV3: ScubaPro Air 2, Tusa Duo-Air, Atomic SS1, Sherwood Gemini, Zeagle Octo-Z|
You can use this version above or under water. You can use this either to make a piercingly loud sound (warn others) or a moderate gurgling sound for people who are relatively close. Its the real deal. Their is a self locking mechanism that keeps it from blaring unnecessarily.