You have no items in your shopping cart.
Cressi XS Compact Pro MC9 SC Regulator
Product OverviewThis premiere travel regulator packs maximum performance into minimum space. A true featherweight second stage, the XS Compact Pro is built from durable non-corrosive lightweight techno-polymers to eliminate jaw fatigue. Compact shape reduces weight and in-water drag. The second stage has a dependable downstream demand valve mechanism. The flow of air is channeled to the mouthpiece by injection, creating a venturi effect enhancing the performance. The 2nd stage comes with a flow deviator that acts on the venturi effect, with dive/pre-dive adjustment function. Large soft purge cover allows easy clearing of 2'nd stage nearly all of the face acts as a purge button for easy access and fast clearing. Streamlined exhaust tee directs bubbles to the side for a clear field of view and a comfortable silicone mouthpiece for added comfort on long dives. Easy to pack and easy to dive, the XS Compact is a great 2'nd stage regulator.
Patented cam tilt. One of the main reasons for initial inspiratory effort is friction between the cam and the diaphragm. XS Compact incorporates a new Cressi patent that reduces the friction coefficient from 0.2 to 0.001. The diaphragm's cam-disc friction is practically nonexistent thanks to the disc's polished Teflon covering and the cam's pivot system which works entirely perpendicularly. The body of the integrated 2nd stage incorporates metal particles to improve thermal conductivity and to prevent freezing in cold environments. Over-sized purge button, practically integrated: 400% greater than traditional ones and 80% greater than those of the Ellipse series. New air anti-expansion elements avoid direct contact with metal pieces, preventing freezing in cold environments. Thanks to this feature it has met CE Standardization for use in cold water (>4°) EN250/2000.
The balanced 1st stage MC9 SC hyper-balanced diaphragm actuated 1st stage has a lightweight body covered by a protective techno-polymer elastomer shell. The regulator is equipped with four low pressure 3/8" threaded and two high 7/16" threaded pressure ports. Internally the 1st stage is coated with an anti-friction anti-corrosion material that reduces resistance and allows the critical components to move freely. This makes the components perform and last longer between annual servicing and increases performance. The balanced diaphragm, chrome plated marine brass first stage regulator is inherently environmentally sealed. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the delicate internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants can cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance. The 1st stage MC9 - SC is identical to model MC9, but with a special seal chamber (SC) which completely isolates the diaphragm and spring from contact with water. Ideal for diving in waters that are rich in suspension and mineral salts, for archaeological work, for potholing and diving in cold waters.
Research on internal air passages and incorporating a special assist chamber has lowered the drop of intermediate pressure upon inhalation and has kept this drop at a minimum, guaranteeing higher performance in any situation. Hyper-balancing allows for an increase of the intermediate pressure at maximum depths and when experiencing low pressure in the Scuba cylinder, offering higher performance at maximum depths and during the ascent phase of the dive. Regulator weighs 33.26 oz. (943 g) with the hose and comes with an owner's manual. Regulator is Italian made and certified to EN250/2014 standards.
- Regulator Weight: 33.26 oz. (943 g)
- Lightweight Jacketed 3/8 Threaded Low Pressure (LP) Hose
- Premiere All Environment Travel Regulator
- Packs Maximum Performance into Minimum Space
- Certified to EN250/2014 Standards
- Owner's Manual
- Manufactured in Italy
- 2'nd Stage: Cressi XS Compact Pro
- Reliable Downstream Demand Valve
- Large Soft Purge Cover: Easy to Clear 400% Greater than Traditional
- Air Anti-Expansion Elements
Avoid Direct Contact w/Metal Parts
Preventing Freezing in Cold Environments
- Comfortable Silicone Mouthpiece
- Venturi Effect for Enhancing Performance
- Compact Shape: Reduces Weight and In-Water Drag
- Construction: Durable Non-Corrosive Lightweight Techno-Polymers
- Lightweight Design & Silicone Mouthpiece: Less Jaw Fatigue
- Streamlined Exhaust Tee: Directs Bubbles for Clear Field of View
- 1'st Stage:Cressi MC9 SC
- Hyper-Balanced Diaphragm Design
- Two 7/16 Threaded High-Pressure Ports
- Four 3/8 Threaded Low-Pressure Ports
- Body: Chrome Plated Marine Brass
- Shell: Techno-Polymer Shell Protect Body
- Lightweight and Compact First Stage
- Self-Lubricating Internal Coating
- Anti-Pressure Drop Pneumatics
- Inherently Environmentally Sealed
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed-to-Contaminants
- Special Seal Chamber (SC)
- Completely Isolates Diaphragm & Spring from Contact with Water
- Ideal for Diving in Waters:
Rich in Suspension and Mineral Salts
Potholing and Diving in Cold Waters
- Requires Less-Maintenance
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four 3/8 Thread|
|HP Ports||Two 7/16 Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi Adjustment Switch|
|2'nd Stage Type||Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chromed Brass, Techno-Polymer Elastomer Shell, Second Stage: Techno-Polymers|
|Total Weight||33.26 oz. (943 g) w/Hose|