You have no items in your shopping cart.
Coastal Fish ID California to Alaska, 2nd Edition ~by P. Humann & Ned Deloach
Product OverviewCoastal Fish Identification 2nd Edition California to Alaska
- The updated and enlarged book includes more than 30 additional species and 70 new photographs. From the beautiful cool waters of Catalina Island to the frigid straits of British Columbia this book covers it all. For more than 3 years, photographers and scientists from around the world have contributed their work to Paul Humann and Ned Deloach to aid in producing this new edition. The result of their extensive work has produced the most up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive reference available for the marine life of the tropical eastern Pacific Ocean from California to Alaska.
- The new edition is 188 pages in a 6 " x 9" (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm) format and features a durable, cloth-stitched flexi-binding that enables the user to lie the book completely flat, perfect for both field and home/office use. More than 320 superb color photos illustrate 258 fish species in a single, compact, beautiful and easy-to-use, no-nonsense natural history field guide. To help simplify the identification process, each fish family is presented within one of 9 Identification Groups based on a family's visual or behavioral characteristics, such as Silvery Swimmers or Odd-Shaped Bottom Dwellers. Every effort has been made to show the similar-appearing species of a family together for quick reference. The concise text accompanying each species portrait includes the fish's common, scientific and family names, size, description, visually distinctive features, preferred habitat, typical behavior, depth range, geographical distribution and reaction to divers. Book is a great gift idea for that dive buddy or significant other diver.
- This second edition is dedicated to the late Kawika Chetron, an underwater photographer from the Monterey, California area who contributed several photos to the new edition.
- Authors: by Paul Humann, Ned Deloach
- Photo Contributions: Howard Hall & Neil McDaniel
- Updated and Enlarged Book
- Includes More than 30 Additional Species and 70 New Photographs
- Beautiful Cool Waters of Catalina Island to Frigid Straits of British Columbia
- 3 Years, Photographers and Scientists from Around the World Contributed
- Most Up-to-Date, Accurate and Comprehensive Reference Available
- Tropical Eastern Pacific Ocean from California to Alaska
- Durable, Cloth-Stitched Flexi-Binding:
Enables User to Lie-the-Book Completely Flat
Perfect for Field and Home/Office Use
- More than 320 Superb Color Photos Illustrate 258 Fish Species
- Single, Compact, Beautiful & Easy-to-Use, No-Nonsense Natural History Field Guide
- Simplified Identification Process:
Fish Families Presented within One of 9 Identification Groups
Groups Based on Family's Visual or Behavioral Characteristics
- Made to Show Similar-Appearing Species of Family Together for Quick Reference
- Concise Text Accompanying Each Species Portrait Includes:
Fish's Common, Scientific & Family Names
Size and Description
Visually Distinctive Features
Preferred Habitat and Typical Behavior
Depth Range, Geographical Distribution and Reaction to Divers
- Dimensions: 6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm)
- Pages: 292
- Great Gift Idea
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
60/120 Return Policy
What's in the Box
|Author(s)||Paul Humann and Ned Deloach, Photo Contributions: Howard Hall & Neil McDaniel|
|Publisher||New World Publications|
|Size||6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm)|
|Style||Fish Identification Photo's and Text|
|ISBN #||ISBN-10:1878348434, ISBN-13: 978-1878348432|
|Paul Humann and Ned Deloach, Photo Contributions: Howard Hall & Neil McDaniel|
|New World Publications|
|6 x 9 (15.25 cm x 22.9 cm)|
|Fish Identification Photo's and Text|
|ISBN-10:1878348434, ISBN-13: 978-1878348432|