You have no items in your shopping cart.
Catalina 80 Cubic Foot Neutrally Buoyant Aluminum Tank with Pro Valve
Product OverviewCatalina's Neutrally Buoyant 80 cu ft (10.3 liter) Aluminum Cylinder has a working pressure of 3300 psi (228 bars) and is negatively buoyant when full -5.9 lbs (-2.68kg) and is nearly neutral when empty -0.2 lbs (-0.09kg). The advantage of a cylinder that is near neutral buoyancy at the end of a dive is that you can shed a pound or two from your weight belt or BCD pockets. Dimensionally the cylinder is the same as the standard 80 cu. Ft. 3000 psi (200 bar) 11.1-liter tank, but does not have the positive buoyancy of +4.1 lbs (+1.86kg) when empty. The Neutrally Buoyant 80 cu. Ft. (10.3 liter) cylinder has a 7.25" (18.4cm) diameter and is 25.1" (63.8cm) tall having the same diameter as a standard aluminum 80 yet, is slightly shorter than the standard 80.
Cylinder comes with a K Pro Valve, which is one of the highest flow cylinder valves available today and is also a convertible valve. Whether you dive Yoke or DIN regulators this valve will work for both. Valve has easily removed 200 bar DIN insert to convert the valve for use with DIN regulators. Valve has a heavy duty deign with a smooth operating mechanism and multi-ported burst disc plug for added safety.The K Pro Valve is nitrox compatible up to 40%.
Aluminum cylinders unlike steel cylinders don't rust, they oxidize. The oxidization of aluminum forms a protective coat that hinders the continuation of corrosion making aluminum cylinders less likely to be condemned due to excessive corrosion. So, if you want to shed the lead and use a more compact cylinder system then a standard aluminum 80 the Catalina Neutrally Buoyant Cylinder will fit the bill. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled.Note:All Catalina cylinders are nitrox ready and meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM specifications. Purchasers should check with other country requirements to know if the cylinders are certified for use in that country. The U.S DOT has interpreted its regulations stating that DOT-3AL (aluminum) SCUBA cannot be charged with oxygen enriched air to a service pressure greater than 3000psi.Thus, Catalina Cylinders 3300psi compact SCUBA cylinders cannot be charged with oxygen enriched air as mandated by the DOT. For more information on this matter please contact Catalina Cylinders.
- Great Buoyancy Characteristics
- Cylinder:Catalina 80 Cubic Foot Neutrally Buoyant
- Thread Size: 0.750-14 NPSM
- Aluminum Alloy Design
- Won't Rust Like Steel Cylinders
- Working Pressure: 3300 psi (228 bars)
- Negatively Buoyant Full -5.9 lbs (-2.68kg)
- Negatively Buoyant Empty -0.2 lbs (-0.09)
- Cylinder Buoyancy Characteristics: Less Weight On-Belt/BCD
- Shed the Lead
- Dimensionally Similar to Standard 80 (Shorter)
- Note:All Catalina Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of US Department of Transportation (DOT) w/DOT-3AL
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety & Security (TC) w/TC-3ALM
- Valve:Pro K Valve
- Nitrox Read Up to 40%
- Convertible Valve Design
- Yoke or DIN
- Heavy Duty Design
- Smooth Operating Valve Mechanism
- Chrome Plated Marine Brass
- Multi-Ported Burst Plug Assembly
- High Flow Capacity Valve
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3300 psi (228 bars)|
|Weight (empty)||34.4 lbs (15.6kg)|
|Height (no valve)||25.1 (63.8cm)|
|Buoyancy Full||Negative 5.9 lbs (-2.68kg)|
|Buoyant Empty||-0.2 lbs (-0.09)|
|Nitrox Ready||No, at 3300 (228 Bar)|
|Materials||Chrome Plated Brass, Rubber & Plastic|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Nitrox Ready||Yes, Up to 40% Oxygen|
|Thread Size||0.750-14 NPSM|