You have no items in your shopping cart.
Catalina 53 Cubic Foot Aluminum Tank with Pro Valve
Product OverviewGreat size for primary child's cylinder or instructional pool cylinder, Catalina 53 cu. ft. (7.6 liter) Aluminum Tank with Pro Valve. Cylinder comes with a K Pro Valve, which is one of the highest flow cylinder valves available today and is also a convertible valve. Whether you dive Yoke or DIN regulators this valve will work for both. Valve has easily removed 200 bar DIN-insert to convert the valve for use with DIN regulators. Valve has a heavy duty deign with a smooth operating mechanism and multi-ported burst disc plug for added safety. The K Pro Valve is nitrox compatible up to 40%.
Aluminum cylinders unlike steel cylinders don't rust, they oxidize. The oxidization of aluminum forms a protective coat that hinders the continuation of corrosion making aluminum cylinders less likely to be condemned due to excessive corrosion. When shipped the tanks valves will be removed and the tank will require re-inspection before being filled. Note: All Catalina cylinders are nitrox ready and meet certificated specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL specification and Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM specifications. Purchasers should check with other country requirements to know if the cylinders are certified for use in that country.
The 53 cubic foot (7.6 liter) cylinder is a 3000 psi (207 bar) rated tank that measures 19.2" (48.77cm) in height with a 7.25" (18.4cm) diameter. The tank weighs 25.1 lbs. (11.39 kg) and is negatively buoyant 3.8 lbs. (1.72 kg) when full and negatively buoyant 0.8 lbs. (363 g) when at 500 psi (50 bars).
- Great Size for Primary Child's Cylinder
- Works Well for Instructional Pool Cylinder
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40%
- Cylinder: Catalina 53 Cubic Foot
- Thread Size: 0.750-14 NPSM
- Aluminum Alloy Design
- Won't Rust Like Steel Cylinders
- Working Pressure: 3000 psi (207 bars)
- Volume: 63 Cubic Foot (9 liters)
- Dimensions: (H x Dia.) 19.2 x 7.25 (48.77cm x 18.4cm)
- Weight: 25.1 lbs. (11.39 kg)
- Buoyancy Characteristics:
Full: Negative 3.8 lbs. (1.72 kg)
500 psi (50 bars): Negatively Buoyant 0.8 lbs. (363 g)
All Catalina Cylinders Meet Certificated Specifications of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) with DOT-3AL
Meet Specification of the Transport Canada Safety and Security (TC) with TC-3ALM
- Valve:½:Pro K Valve
- Convertible Valve Design
- Yoke or DIN
- Heavy Duty Design
- Smooth Operating Valve Mechanism
- Chrome Plated Marine Brass
- Multi-Ported Burst Plug Assembly
- High Flow Capacity Valve
- Nitrox Ready Up to 40% Oxygen
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Pressure||3000 psi (200 bar)|
|Weight||25.1 lbs. (11.39 kg)|
|Buoyancy Full||Negative 3.8 lbs. (1.72 kg)|
|Cylinder Nitrox Ready||Up to 40% Oxygen|
|Material||Chrome Plated Brass, Rubber & Plastic|
|Type (Yoke, DIN, Convertible)||Convertible|
|Valve Nitrox Ready||Up to 40% Oxygen|
|Thread Size||0.750-14 NPSM|