You have no items in your shopping cart.
Atomic Sub-Frame Mask, Black Skirt
Product OverviewWhen you learned how to dive your instructor told you the most important part of choosing equipment was comfort and fit. When looking for a mask you also need a great field of vision well this mask was designed to meet those and more desirable qualities. The Sub-Frame Two-Windowed Mask is a low volume mask which offers you a wide field of vision and because of its frame design is one of the most durable masks found on the market today. This durability has been achieved with a Sub-Frame that is molded and bonded directly to the masks silicone rubber skirt. A second frame made of corrosion resistant 316-grade stainless steel protects the nose bridge area and adds strength and ultimate durability. Mask has optical quality glass lenses and squeeze-to-adjust buckles.
The Atomic Sub-Frame Mask offers a new standard feature never seen or seen through before in a diving mask. Atomic calls them Ultra-Clear lenses. What makes Ultra-Clear special? Did you ever notice that normal dive mask lenses have a green tint to the glass? To see this tint, put your existing mask up to a piece of white paper and see for yourself. The green tint you see is the result of iron impurities left over in lower quality float or window type glass. That green tint distorts true colors and blocks out some of the light that reaches the eye. UltraClear is a new and exciting optical quality glass with exceptional clarity and high light transmission, with no color distortion. The exceptionally high light transmittance and lack of distortion in the UltraClear lens maximizes the light available for improved visual acuity, especially underwater in low light conditions, better vision, truer colors are what you get with Atomic Aquatics ultra-clear lenses. If you need to use corrective lenses the Atomic Aquatics Sub-Frame Mask has optional corrective lenses available (see SKU: ATMMLSFL10).
The Atomic Aquatics Sub-Frame Mask has a double feathered edge skirt that provides an excellent seal on the diver's face with an easy-to-reach one-handed nose well for ear equalization. The wide split style mask strap increases the masks ability to conform to your face adding to its great sealing ability. The Mask is available in multiple sizes to fit most divers' faces. The Sub-Frame Mask comes in multiple color choices. The Atomic Sub-Frame Mask comes with a mask box for transport and storage.
- Sub-Frame Two-Windowed Mask
- Low Volume Design
- Wide Field of Vision
- Extremely Durable and Strong Construction, 316-Grade Stainless Steel Sub-Frame
- Easy Adjust Squeeze-to-Adjust Style Strap Buckles
- Durable Black Silicone Rubber Skirt
- Optical Quality Tempered Glass Lenses
- Ultra-Clear Lenses: Standard Feature Never Seen or Seen Through Before
- Lenses: Exceptional Clarity and High Light Transmission
- Lenses: No Color Distortion
- Double Feathered Edge Skirt
- Wide Split Style Mask Strap
- Optional Corrective Lenses (see SKU: ATMMLSFL10)
- Easy-to-Reach One-Handed Nose Well for Ear Equalization
- Available in Multiple Sizes and Colors
- Mask Box for Transport and Storage
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Window Style||2 Front|
|Corrective Lenses Compatible||Yes|
|Materials||Skirt: Silicone Ribber, Sub-Frame 316-Grade Stainless Steel|
Try as I might to determine a good seal on these, floating in the bathtubs not a true test. I finally made it to Hawaii and was so excited to use this mask. It is indeed comfortable, but leaks horribly! I believe that the issue is that the rubber apron seal is just too narrow, therefore too short at my temples, where water enters immediately, no matter how tight I make the mask. I hope to exchange for the next size larger. I will send photos and hopefully hear from scuba.com, as to how I should proceed.
I'm sorry to hear that it didn't fit on the 1st try. The great thing about the Atomic subframe is that it comes in two sizes(you purchased the smaller of the two).
This is also why we have the 'pressure free fit' guarantee!
Save The Pressure For Your Air Tanks:
Try it on and walk it around. Maybe you’ll find that the fit isn’t quite right.
We’ll arrange return of your item and bring you another size —without additional shipping costs. And at Scuba, we’ll keep going back to the cyber shelves until you are completely satisfied and perfectly comfortable. Our Pressure Free Fit (PFF) Guarantee makes shopping for Suits, BCDs, Fins and other dive gear simply easy. Go ahead and try it on with confidence.
This mask is great piece of scuba equipment. Let me start with the packaging. I comes in a great hard case, but unlike some other mask boxes, the mask stands upright with the lenses perpendicular to the horizontal. In other words, the mask sits in the box in the same orientation that one would wear it (as opposed sitting with the lenses facing up). The mask itself is super high quality. If you have a high nose bridge, i wouldnt recommend this mask. The mask it low profile due to the subframe technology, and the cross bit over the nose is actually metal. The lenses are great. They are so clear and dont have a greenish tint. You cant even tell they are there. The mask strap fits perfectly in the mask strap covers they sell here. The mask strap has a great, simple and easy system for tightening and loosening the strap. The mask itself is not at all leaky and is comfortable. I dont know what more to say... Its a great scuba mask!