You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewMost manufacturers produce just an economy and a performance octopus model. Yet, even their high-end octopus cannot come close to matching the performance of the Atomic safe seconds. Each Atomic Octopus is designed, and precision built to perform as perfectly as its primary model counterpart. So, when you need it, you know exactly what to expect.
The M1 Safe Second is factory rated for oxygen enriched mixtures up to 80%. The demand valve body is zirconium plated brass for fast thermal transfer with a heat sink feature to reduce the possibility of freezing in cold water. The critical metal components of the demand valve are all made of titanium or 316 stainless-steel and are completely corrosion proof. The front cover is designed to limit sensitivity to currents and swift moving water.
The Atomic M1 Octopus diaphragm is made from high-quality silicone rubber. This pneumatically balanced poppet second stage has Atomics patented seat saving dynamic orifice which unlike most second stage orifices is a floating valve design which reduces wear on the second stage poppet seat when the regulator is not pressurized adding life to this important seal.
The M1 second stage regulator is equipped with Atomics patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC). This unique diaphragm activated vain automatically controls the flow and Venturi effect of the second stage for optimum breathing resistance at all depths. The second stage does have a rapid adjustment knob for manual second stage de-tuning in rare special situations. The M1 Octopus has a bright yellow front cover for easy identification in an out-of-air-emergency and a 36" (91.4cm) 3/8" threaded low-pressure (LP) hose. The regulator is also equipped with a dual silicone comfort fit mouthpiece with tear resistant bite tabs and weighs 13.8 oz. (391 g) with the hose.
- Precision-Built to Perform-as-Perfectly as Primary Model
- Factory-Rated for Oxygen-Enriched Mixtures Up to 80%
- Demand Valve Body:
Zirconium Plated Brass
Fast-Thermal Transfer with Heat Sink Feature
Reduces Possibility of Freezing in Cold Water
- Critical Metal Components of Demand Valve:
Titanium or 316 Stainless Steel
- Front Cover: Limits Sensitivity to Currents and Swift-Moving Water
- Diaphragm: High Quality Silicone Rubber
- Pneumatically-Balanced Poppet Second-Stage
- Atomics Patented Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice
- Orifices is a Floating Valve Design, Reduces Wear on Second-Stage Poppet Seat
- Atomics Patented Automatic Flow Control (AFC)
Unique Diaphragm Activated Vain
Automatically Controls Flow & Venturi-Effect
Optimum Breathing Resistance at All Depths
- Rapid Adjustment Knob: Manual Second Stage De-Tuning in Rare Special Situations
- Bright Yellow Front Cover for Easy-Identification in Out-of-Air-Emergency
- Dual Silicone Comfort Fit Mouthpiece with Tear-Resistant Bite Tabs
- 36 (91.4cm) 3/8 Threaded Low Pressure (LP) Hose
- Weight: 13.8 oz. (391 g) with LP Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Yes, Flow Control Knob|
|Nitrox Compatible||Oxygen-Enriched Mixtures Up To 80%|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically-Balanced|
|Materials||Demand Valve Body, Lever & Sealing Orifice: Titanium
Diaphragm & Exhaust Valve: Silicone Rubber
|Hose Length||36 (91.4cm)|
|Total Weight||13.15 oz (373 g) w/Hose|
I bought it with first regulator and major second regulator. This Octo also can reach 80% oxygen range.