You have no items in your shopping cart.
AquaSketch Minno II Wrist Slate, 2018 Version
Product OverviewThe AquaSketch Minno II Wrist Slate is the world's most convenient and durable way to take notes underwater. Not only does it simplify the task of writing or drawing, it also offers unlimited paper capacity making it unnecessary to waste time erasing during a dive. Small enough to fit in a pocket, worn on your wrist or attached to your BCD with a retractable lanyard.
This patented technology has been widely used by NASA, the U.S. military, marine researchers and search & rescue organizations. AquaSketch is dependable, durable and simple to use. Unlike devices that can wear out or breakdown, a quick turn of the knob to advance the scroll always provides a clean surface ready for immediate use. If necessary, corrections can be made during a dive using the eraser pad provided or with a rub of a finger or other soft material. After a dive, all notes and drawings can be scanned into a computer or transcribed by hand for permanent storage. The vellum can then be erased using the eraser provided and reused.
AquaSketch is the only existing practical and effective way to do permanent work in writing, drafting or illustration underwater, or in any extreme environment that may be subjected to water. The AquaSketch Minno II has the durability of a slate without the slate's many limitations. It is simple and virtually indestructible, made of rugged polycarbonate and stainless steel. All AquaSketch products are made to withstand extremes in depth and temperature. The Minno II has no batteries or electronics. It was deliberately designed to be low-tech, and dependable in the most adverse conditions.
Unlike plastic slates that cannot be loaded into standard printers, the AquaSketch vellum can be printed inexpensively with low minimum quantities. Custom printing of maps, guides and any other reference material for dive operators, resorts and organizations is now possible and very affordable.
The diver never writes on the device itself but on replaceable rolls of waterproof vellum up to 8' (2.44m) long, providing 42 frames that measure 2.25" x 3.5" (5.7cm x 8.9cm) in writing area the most capacity of any existing underwater notation device.
Easy to use;
The use of scrolls rather than pages enables the writing surface to be kept flat and manageable in strong currents or heavy wind without the need for clips or rubber bands. When worn on the wrist, it is optimized for easy, single-handed use. The AquaSketch pencil is made of solid graphite eliminating the need for sharpening during a dive.
Any notes that need to be saved can be rolled into the protective casing of the Minno II with a simple turn of the knob or unwound for review. Since the vellum is one continuous scroll there is no possibility of losing pages as with a notebook or wrist slate. After a dive the vellum can be scanned or photographed for digital archiving.
The AquaSketch vellum is made of an indestructible waterproof material originally engineered for architectural drafting at construction sites. It was designed with a textured surface ideal for use with graphite and/or ink. This enables divers to achieve much darker and readable lines then were ever possible on slates. The AquaSketch frame is indexed in inches and centimeters for aiding in measurements when needed.
The Minno II features a new backplate that enables the AquaSketch to attach to any hard, flat surface. It also sports openings for a bungee wrist mount. The Bungee Wrist Kit that offers an alternative to the hook and loop wrist band. It provides greater stability with dry suites and thicker neoprene suites and can accommodate a wider range of wrist sizes.
- World's Most Convenient & Durable Way to Take Notes Underwater
- Offers Unlimited Paper Capacity
- Holds Up to 8' (2.44m) of Waterproof Paper
- Comes with 5' (1.52m) Reusable Vellum
- Writing Area: 2.25 x 3.5 (5.7cm x 8.9cm)
- No Wasted Time Erasing During a Dive
- Small Enough to Fit:
Attached to BCD w/Retractable Lanyard (not included)
- Patented Technology Widely Used by:
Search & Rescue Organizations
- Dependable, Durable and Simple-to-Use
- Quick Turn of Knob: Clean Surface Ready for Immediate Use
- Eraser Pad Provided if Needed
- Durability of Slate w/o Slate's Limitations
- Simple and Virtually Indestructible
- Construction: Rugged Polycarbonate & Stainless Steel
- Made to Withstand Extremes in Depth and Temperature
- No Batteries or Electronics
- Deliberately Designed to be Low-Tech, Dependable in Adverse Conditions
Vellum Printable Inexpensively
Custom Printing of Maps, Guides, Other Reference Material
Great for Dive Operators, Resorts and Organizations
- Pencil: Solid Graphite: Eliminates Need for Sharpening During Dive
- Continuous Scroll: No Possibility of Losing Pages
- Can be Scanned or Photographed for Digital Archiving
- Vellum: Indestructible Waterproof Material
- Paper: Originally Engineered for Architectural Drafting at Construction Sites
- Ideal for Use with Graphite and/or Ink
- Darker, Readable Lines then Possible-On-Slates
- Frame Indexed in Inches and Centimeters
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|Purpose||Writing Communication Underwater/Wet Environments|
|Materials||Polycarbonate, Stainless Steel, Graphite, Vellum|
|Dimensions||Writing Area: 2.25 x 3.5 (5.7cm x 8.9cm)|
|Capacity||Holds Up to 8' (2.44m) of Waterproof Paper
Comes w/5' (1.52m) Reusable Vellum
|Attachment Point||Yes, Hook & Loop Wrist Band, Bungee Mount, Back Plate|
|Special Feature||Scrolling Function|