You have no items in your shopping cart.
Product OverviewThe XTX50 is for the discriminating diver who wants the benefits of a feature-rich regulator at a moderate price. This popular regulator has four medium-pressure ports all mounted on a rotating turret. This results in optimal hose routing while eliminating sharp bends in the hose. Optional 5th port is available for side mount or twin cylinder set ups. Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth. Two 7/16" UNF HP ports and four 3/8" UNF MP ports are angled for optimum hose routing. An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice build-up and keeping silt and contamination out.
Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing. The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used. Press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc., then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e., when regulator clearing etc. The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation. Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control. The 2nd stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae. A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator. The Comfo-Bite mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator will be supplied with both sets of exhaust tees. Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must only be performed by an Apeks Authorized Service Technician. Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable. Suitable for cold water use. Compatible with EAN40 out of the box. Regulator comes with an owner' manual.
- For Discriminating Divers
- Feature-Rich Regulator, Moderate Price
- Compact First Stage, Time-Proven Workhorse
- Embraced by Technical Community Around the World
- Nitrox/Oxygen Compatible Up to 40% O2
- Weight: 44.76 oz (1,269g)
- Owner's Manual
- First Stage: Apex's XTX50
- Unique Over-Balanced Diaphragm First Stage
- Chromed Marine Grade Brass Construction
- Environmentally Sealed to Keep-Out Contaminates
- Delicate Internal Parts Not Exposed to Contaminants: Salt, Sand, Chlorine or Pool Acids
- Requires Less-Maintenance
- Secondary Environmental Diaphragm Membrane:
First Stage Completely-Sealed-Off
Dry Ambient Pressure Chamber
Second-Layer of Corrosion Resistance & Prevention of Freezing In-Cold-Water-Use
- Four 3/8 UNF (Unified National Fine) Medium Pressure Ports
- Two 7/16 UNF High Pressure Port
- HP & MP Ports Angled for Optimum Hose Routing
- Medium-Pressure Ports All Mounted On-Rotating Turret
- Optimal Hose Routing, Eliminates Sharp Bends-In Hoses
- Optional 5th Port: Available for Side Mount or Twin Cylinder Set Ups
- Second Stage: Apeks ATX50
- Pneumatically-Balanced Second Stage
- Smooth, Easy Breathing
- Purge Button:
Large & Easy to Operate
2-Stage Progressive Purge
Press Purge On-Side for Lower Flow Rate
Useful for Filling Lift Bags etc.
Press Center for Full Purge
Great for Regulator Clearing etc.
- Large Venturi Lever w/Soft Touch Rubber Grip
- Easy-to-Grip Opening Effort Control Knob
- Silicone Exhaust Valve Improves Breathing Performance
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece Virtually Eliminates Jaw-Fatigue
- Heat Exchanger (patented):
Dissipates Cold Caused by Gas Expansion
Draws-In Warmth of Ambient Water
Helps Prevent Freeze-Ups
- Active Protection Against Infection:
Additive that Kills MRSA
Protects Against E-Coli, Bacteria & Fungi
Very Effective Against Viruses, Mold, Yeast & Algae
- Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE):
Offers Choice of Compact, Light-Weight or Wider Exhaust Tee
Wider Exhaust, Less Bubble Interference
Great for Photography
Easy to Change System
Configure Regulator Exhaust Diffusers for Individual Dive Conditions or Requirements
- Reversible Second Stage: Left or Right-Hand Gas Supply Configuration
- Flexible Nylon Braided Hose
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee that you’ll pay the lowest price for the products we sell. Here’s how it works, find any identical item priced lower on any website, and we will beat that price by an additional 5%. If you have seen a better price for this item on another website. Please fill out and submit the form below:
Terms & Conditions
- We can not accept lower price links from eBay or other auction shops. Prices on such websites are often not fixed, and might sell at a higher price than what’s listed now. Also it is not always clear whether the product is new, second hand or refurbished.
- The product has to be exactly the same as the one sold by Scuba, including: brand, model, size, color, etc.
- The product must be in stock at both Scuba’s and at the other seller at time of request.
- We will beat the price seen at the other website, only if the Total including Shipping/Handling and other charges is lower then ours.
- We only match prices on regularly advertised prices—not on coupons, club memberships, first-time buyer offers, or any other exclusive offer.
- Offer not valid on past purchases.
- The online merchant offering the lower price must be an established US retailer, as determined by Scuba
- The base price of the items must be a difference of at least $5.00 Excludes Aqua Lung & Apeks.
- Some other restrictions might apply.
What's in the Box
|1'st Stage Type||Over-Balanced Diaphragm|
|LP Ports||Four, 3/8-24 UNF Thread|
|HP Ports||Two, 7/16-20 UNF Thread|
|Adjustable 2'nd Stage||Breathing Resistance Adjustment Knob
Dive/Pre-Dive Venturi (Free Flow) Switch
|Nitrox Compatible||Yes Up To 40% O2|
|2'nd Stage Type||Pneumatically Balanced Downstream Demand Valve|
|Materials||First Stage: Chrome Plated Brass
Second Stage: Techno-Polymer, Silicone
|Hose Thread||3/8 Thread|
|Total Weight||44.76 oz (1,269g)|
Seems like a good reg. Easy to breath, did not free flow with the valve setting in either position. Did not really detect any difference when adjusting either of those two knobs.